The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

DISCLAIMER: My boredom is boundless today!

Well, Y2K is almost over and time for all of those insufferable "Best Of" lists to start emerging. Here's my contribution.

Ground rules: be nice, stay on topic (as if), no flaming and behave. Have fun! (Remember, its the holiday season!)

Participation is mandatory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Best Thread (Overall):

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!):

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome):

Most Humorous Thread:

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here):

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread):

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities):

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.):

Best Motivational Member:

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!):

Most Humorous Member:

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego:

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):

Best BB Duo:

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member):

Best Lurker-turned-Poster:

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation):

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything:

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along):

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:

Member most likely to call you from jail:

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count):

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there):

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!)

DISCLAIMER: My boredom is boundless today!

Well, Y2K is almost over and time for all of those insufferable "Best Of" lists to start emerging. Here's my contribution.

Ground rules: be nice, stay on topic (as if), no flaming and behave. Have fun! (Remember, its the holiday season!)

Participation is mandatory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Best Thread (Overall):

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!):

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome):

Most Humorous Thread:

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here):

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread):

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities):

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!):

Most Humorous Member:

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego:

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):

Best BB Duo:

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member):

Best Lurker-turned-Poster:

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation):

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything:

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along):

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:

Member most likely to call you from jail:

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count):

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there):

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!)

Someone has a lot of time on their hands don't they? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

For starters (and I haven't had time to think TOO hard yet!)

Dead Horse Award: any Towerhead/KK topic
    Hall of Shame Award: no contest - Chained Nosebands by dead VA Trainer
    Sorely Missed Alter Ego - Kavu, Brenna, Young Amateur, Pewter
    Best Bud From BB - Jeb
    Most Humourous - toss up between Jeb and Moesha, with Heidi not far behind
    BB Member Most Likely to be in Jail: Colin
    BB Member I'd call if I were in Jail: Portia or Sea Urchin (as they're both lawyers)
    Kumbaya Award: probably Erin's [B]What Dog Are You[b] thread or any verions of Let's Meet
    Most Informative Member: Pwynn, Canter

Will think more... it should be fun to see what others think!!!

[This message has been edited by Jair (edited 11-30-2000).]
    You Strike Me Still

Best Thread (Overall): Still waiting, the year isn't over yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): rule changes

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): Middleburg Classic/AIDs benefit - Colin, you will ride on the laurels of that one a LOOOONG time!

Most Humorous Thread: Sea Urchin needs an A/A for next year

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): Anything Towerheads

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): It would seem that they all were deleted prior to my experience [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Well, I was holding out for Rags but........

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): Snowbird is a wealth of knowledge but I think I learn more from Inverness for the really great questions she asks and being so upfront with what she has learned.

Best Motivational Member: Inverness again, although Kennett Square really should get credit!

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): COLIN

Most Humorous Member: Why, ETBW, of course! I am a storehouse of trivia and my recipe file is as big as a tack trunk (Oops that's my booze cabinet)

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: Sea Urchin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!): I have to put Paige in here. She (hopefully) doesn't remember me from Mosby's but she posts intelligent questions, only adds in supportive thoughts and appreciates her parents efforts to give her a wonderful life. I tried to trade my son for her but was unfortunately turned down.

Best BB Duo: b]Jeb/Jair Heidi/Slugger Colin/Sea Urchin seems there is a three way tie! [/b]

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Sea Urchin!

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: ME, ME, ME!!!!!!

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Anyplace Farm!

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: PETF

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Thank you card for Erin

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: The Winglet, but I'd have to slip him my ATM card and really pray he returned!

Member most likely to call you from jail: Mr. Wings and he better already know I won't help.

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): Kennett Square

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): KS again. Entertaining yet tasteful. A scion of goodwill and diplomacy.

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): BB'rs at the Raleigh show (petting cotton bales?)

I have received so much good information and caring support since I posted about my orphan Maddie!

To find that KS knows some of the best people from my teen age years as well as knows one of my first horses very well surprised the heck out of me.

Going to the Middleburg Classic and meeting so many of the great people from this bb was the hit of my September. Great people, good information and a wonderful place to find out there are so many others in this world with, not only similar interests, but skewed senses of humor as well is fantastic.

[This message has been edited by Everythingbutwings (edited 11-30-2000).]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I am deleting this post since it hurt some people. Sorry...

Ryan

[This message has been edited by RagsRules (edited 12-01-2000).]

Okay, I'll play....

Best Thread (Overall): Anything to do with Native American Warmbloods

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Rule change proposals

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): The one I posted on the horse care forum when my horse had a torn suspensory.

Most Humorous Thread: There have been so many.... recently, thongs and pantylines come to mind, but I'm sure I'm forgetting some good ones from earlier in the year. Horse show mom moments was pretty good too.

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): KK and Towerheads

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): chain nosebands

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): DMK

Most Humorous Member: You mean other than me? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] There are so many. The ones that come immediately to mind are Colin, Jeb, Moesha, Slugger, VTrider, Kennett Square, Anyplace Farm, Heidi, Canter...

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: Brenna, Yng Amateur

Vtrider

Best BB Duo: Colin and Sea Urchin, Inverness and Kennett Square

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Sea Urchin

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Duffy

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: where to buy cheater harnesses

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Colin's collection for Equestrian AIDS Foundation for Middleburg Horse Show

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Firm of Inverness, Portia & Sea Urchin

Member most likely to call you from jail: Colin

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): evening at Moseby's

Group Hug/Warm Moment: As one who appreciates both the horse-related, serious topics as well as more frivolous subjects, I find this bb to provide a great balance between useful and interesting information and plain old silliness all in one place!

Excuse me RagsRules, but kindly remove my name, from that comment, "hitting on other guys??" what is that about? Who did I ever hit on? I'm sorry but some coal miners daughter from PA needs to be careful what you post!
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Gosh, 5 posts and it's already doomed!

Recap on Ground Rules: be nice, have fun, no flaming (of any sort!) - got my finger on the delete button.....

Interesting how people perceive the words of others, however harmless they may be.

YALL PLAY NICE!

Best Thread (Overall): Either The Weight Issues ones b/c they were really constuctive and did alot of good or else the ones about AHSA rules changes b/c they may have a real impact on the horseworld....
    ALSO SUFFERING PINE

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Approved helmet thank you Dru!

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): The one proposing a master's section for divisions like A/A etc.

Most Humorous Thread: I have to pick just one? Umm..... I know! The ones about 'favorite trainer sayings' and 'best replies to trainer sayings'

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): Anything to do with Towerheads & KK

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): CHAIN NOSEBANDS ALL THE WAY

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable
    qualities): Kelsy?

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): Snowbird b/c of all the AHSA Stuff! Or Dru...Or Pwynnorman (SP?)

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): COLIN

Most Humorous Member: Heidi

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: VA Trainer

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!): umm.... I've become friend with alot of people like Kelsy, Sandstone, Weatherford, CTT, Jane Ervin, etc.... I'd probably have to say CTT or Jane since I talk to them the most!

Best BB Duo: Colin/Sea Urchin

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: CTT - remeber the first thread about her 'Portia's Friend'? Where would we be without her?

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): DUFFY or BECCA

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: anything but the thongs

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Let's Meet

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Weatherford

Member most likely to call you from jail: No one would call me!

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): Many many many

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): i'm sure thats' me sometimes ......

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): MOSBY'S!!!

Hey I NEVER make Erin's life miserable...right Erin? But seriously it's been great getting to know you all and I've learned so much....

Other things you should include
    Junior Award (any junior who is just special)

In living color award (the person you really want to meet just to see if they are as insane as you image)

The Thread which strayed the most from orignal topic: (IE those TOWERHEAD ones which turned into save the baby carrots/quiche/m&ms etc rants.

Sarah

[This message has been edited by Regalmeans (edited 11-30-2000).]
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

I'm sorry Jeb, but blame Ms. Allentown Steel 1972!
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

That is down right insulting RagstoRules!! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/mad.gif

Please refrain from casting aspersions on fellow BB members in the future.

[This message has been edited by Jair (edited 11-30-2000).]
    You Strike Me Still

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Jeb - great idea - and I swear to you that Duffy, Louise, SoEasy & I were discussing this very idea just a few weeks ago! I'm jealous that you beat me to it!

Best Thread (Overall):

Most Informative Thread: joint supp thread

Best Thread-into-Action: thread realting to how to get A/As tomove up - hey, my zone added a 3'3 A/A division - I'm sure it was because they read this BB!!

Most Humorous Thread: Underwear!!!

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): helmets - important, but overdone

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): Sex on Towerheads, or Ways to Treat Your Quiche - although, I would offer up Chain Nosebands, except that it wasn't deleted - can we delete it so it qualifies?

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Kelsey - congrats!

Best Motivational Member: Welcome Wagon Duffy

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Snowbird... insisting on being responsible, being part of your organization, affecting change... pushy, pushy, pushy

Most Humorous Member: Kennett Square

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: VA Trainer!!!

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!): oh, the list is endless...Louise, SoEasy, Duffy, Hattie, VTRider, Becca... you are all great, guys!

Best BB Duo: Colin and Sea Urchin, especially when SU isn't speaking for himself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): VA Trainer

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: CTT

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Jair

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: uhh... this would have to be any topic dealing with a certain other BB...

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Weatherford's topic on alternative lifestyles... can't remember the name... new levels of graciousness, intelligence and maturity were reached...

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Duffy on general principle, but VT, 'cause she still OWES me!

Member most likely to call you from jail: is there any other choice BUT Colin? Unless Inverness goes through with her Chestnut-guided death threat...

Meriam Webster Trophy: Inverness - kudos to Jeb for pointing out the paragraph persona

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Mosby's

Group Hug/Warm Moment: But, Jeb... you KNOW I can't be sappy - genetically impossible, I'm sure... but this BB has given me a chance to meet lots of new friends, all of whom had AMPLE opportunity to know exactly what kind of sarcastic, evil little personality they were tangling with in advance of actually making contact. I do refuse to take responsibility for any moments of evilness that Duffy might have picked up from me, though... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by DMK (edited 11-30-2000).]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Jeb - I must start by saying how IMPRESSED I am with this thread. It's simply brilliant!

Best Thread (Overall): Drugs & Medications

Most Informative Thread: KK stuff!

Best Thread-into-Action: Raising money for the Equestrian AIDS foundation for the Middleburg Classic Horse Show

Most Humorous Thread: Upperville Horse Show Tack Stall Decorations

Dead Horse Award: Towerhead/KK

Hall of Shame Award: Moesha & the Mexicans

Most Improved Poster: Jair

Most Informative Member: DMK

Best Motivational Member: Duffy

Most Annoying Member: The one from West Virginia

Most Humorous Member: Moesha

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: VA Trainer

Rodney Dangerfield Award: Sea Urchin'

Will write more later - lunch getting cold!

Relax, Moesha...she's talking about the thread I started where you, SU, Jeb & Jair were all fighting over the MONSTER SIZED jock strap. That's all!

"and when Jair, Jeb, Moesha, and Sea Urchin are all hittinh on eachother and other guys."

This is a separate statement!!

[This message has been edited by Erin (edited 11-30-2000).]
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
    Relax, Moesha...she's talking about the thread I started where you, SU, Jeb & Jair were all fighting over the MONSTER SIZED jock strap. That's all!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, Colin, Rags is a boy. (Golly I have been waiting a long time to do that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

He is almost 13 and frequently is on the bb when he ought to be in school or doing homework or mucking stalls or something else the wee ones are assigned.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Hey, Moesha, watch the name-calling. I think you can make your point without using words like the one I just deleted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:
    Uh, Colin, Rags is a boy. (Golly I have been waiting a long time to do that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

He is almost 13 and frequently is on the bb when he ought to be in school or doing homework or mucking stalls or something else the wee ones are assigned.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well....I was just giving "it" the benefit of the doubt. No slamming my precious Jair and Moesha!! I won't stand for it!

Well, Kelsey is only 14 and she was slammed for her "insensitivety" sorry but in this day and age 13 needs to know better!

It's not the comment, but the way it was written.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Thanks for the replies! Better get mine end before it flatlines! (Did I mention to PLAY NICE?)

Best Thread (Overall): Suffering Pines

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Approved helmet specs via Dru

Middleburg/AIDS, rules changes.

Most Humorous Thread: any that was deleted.

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): shirt colors!

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): ditto on Moesha and the Mexicans!

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): ditto on Kelsy!

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): Dru and KS. And Inverness for asking everything I was afraid too.

Best Motivational Member: Louise, Duffy - always compassionate and encouraging.

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Luv ya Colin!

Most Humorous Member: Colin, Moesha, Heidi.

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: KAVU, no Brenna, no Kavu!!

Haven't met anyone in person, but: Duffy, DMK, SU, Jair - I enjoy the emails/IMs!

Best BB Duo: Jair and Pacificsolo

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Sea Urchin is odds-on, but I'm leaning towards Pacificsolo. I admire her convictions with her compassion for others.

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: CTT

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Duffy, I mean - anyone who hits the OnStar button in her car and Hadfield's answers...no brainer there.

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Various veggie plights.

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): can't remember one off hand!

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Duffy, but can online spouses be made to testify?

Member most likely to call you from jail: We all know who she is.

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): Inverness, in her quest for paragraphs.

Moesha - for being able to put Bigfoot, pygmies, Ralph Lauren, Siberia, and Xani all into once hilarious sentence.

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Moseby's or Las Vegas World Cup.

I've learned so much, and laughed so much. Stay sweet and you'll go far in life. Don't forget to sign MY yearbook, too!