The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default tips for re-rider showing again!

It has been a long time since I have shown and I have a horse with limited show experience. So, needless to say I have some questions about things I have forgotten or never had to deal with as a kid showing with more of a made horse. I am showing hunters.

1. Warmup classes- can a pro ride in them? This is at an A show.
    2. Other opportunties for a trainer at the show to assist me other than schooling before classes? I guess I am asking are there opportunties for my trainer to school my horse on the course?
    3. Other things to consider/think about in prepping a pretty green horse and rerider out of the horse show game for awhile while at an actual (multi-day) show.

Thanks!!

At an A level show, your trainer (or other professional) can show your horse in any open class, meaning a class not restricted to amateurs or junior riders. The class specs will tell you. If your barn has a very good junior rider, that is another avenue for your horse to get miles in the show ring if you feel like you don't want to be the rider.

Most barns get to the show grounds 1-2 days prior to the show actually starting. Depending on your trainer, you can have schooling sessions with your trainer on those days -- and depending on the show, even get into the show ring for your schooling.

Relax and have fun, enjoy the experience, and good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Relax and have fun, enjoy the experience, and good luck!!
    Thanks for the info! I have to keep reminding myself to not get stressed. This is all for fun, right?!?

Normally the warm up classes, low schooling hunter, baby green, pregreen (all of which a pro can show in) run early in the week and the ammy classes run fri-sun. So your trainer can show him the first couple of days, and you can towards the end of the week if you want. You can also usually school in the ring in the afternoon/eve after classes are done for the day at many shows.
    Hillary Clinton - proven liar, cheat, traitor and defender of rapists! Anyone but Hillary 2016! https://www.facebook.com/AntiHillary2016

Make sure you talk to your rainer about your concerns and anxities!

If you tell us what is driving you, we can help!

Have fun and good luck.