The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My rescue horse

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pt24832/7147200997/ I got him 6 weeks ago. As an aside, last time he won at Hastings , Mario Gutierrez was aboard for the victory. I owned him a long time ago , and he was claimed away. He likely would have been glue had I not picked him up.

Truly gorgeous, FP.

Much happiness with him and good karma back to you for helping him.

Where did you re-find him???

What are your plans for him? There's nothing like having a tall, dark and handsome horse in your barn to greet you every morning.

Glad you got him back.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I refound him in Phoenix. I brought him back to Canada , he's already awarded me with a win yesterday, that's where his photo is from

I don't know if I'd call him a rescue, if he went from "rescue" to winner in 6 weeks. I have been told that trainers are mightily offended by people "rescuing" their horses whose only problem is that they're slow. Makes those trainers less likely to use CANTER et all to re-purpose their horses.
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I don't know if I'd call him a rescue, if he went from "rescue" to winner in 6 weeks. I have been told that trainers are mightily offended by people "rescuing" their horses whose only problem is that they're slow. Makes those trainers less likely to use CANTER et all to re-purpose their horses.
    Call him what ever you want. However a bottom end claimer who isn't getting checks at Turf Paradise at the end of the meet is gonna be a horse in trouble. I had the horse before , and won with him . If you saw the difference in his condition in 6 weeks, you would be sure he was going to be a horse in trouble. Before I bought him the first time he was on his way to race in China, so he was saved from that fate too. And he got sick two years back , and was very close to the end that time as he was a cheap horse and a 10k vet bill. So yes I'd say he's had a few close calls.
    He's a cool horse at any rate and he's in safe hands now.

I was going to say something like this.

Still, he is a stunning boy and good luck with him!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Guys, I don't think FlyPony is an anti-racing nutcase who thinks just taking a horse off the track is "rescuing" them, as if you look at the pictures, he's not off the track now, he's racing and winning. Clearly, FlyPony's connections are doing something right that the TP trainer wasn't, if the horse was looking at dropping to Los Al (or getting on the truck to Mexico) and is winning races six weeks later.

Thank you danceronice. You're right I'm not anti racing , couldn't be further from the truth. I am this guys owner, trainer, groom, and exercise rider. As well as 5 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Flypony View Post
    Thank you danceronice. You're right I'm not anti racing , couldn't be further from the truth. I am this guys owner, trainer, groom, and exercise rider. As well as 5 others.
    I'm thinking you work for THEM and not the other way around!

He is lovely.

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Thank you!.. ok, one more educated person , zillions to go.
    The term rescue, connotates that the OTTB was in some state of neglect; and for someone in the business, to dish your fellow backsider, well, is a shame.

Flypony said: Call him what ever you want. However a bottom end claimer who isn't getting checks at Turf Paradise at the end of the meet is gonna be a horse in trouble. I had the horse before , and won with him . If you saw the difference in his condition in 6 weeks, you would be sure he was going to be a horse in trouble. Before I bought him the first time he was on his way to race in China, so he was saved from that fate too. And he got sick two years back , and was very close to the end that time as he was a cheap horse and a 10k vet bill.

There ARE adoption programs at every track/or connected in some way through, Im sure Turf Paradise doesnt condon disposible horses. One call to FLs, MAC, NV's, just for starters, would get immidate response.

Im glad you two found each other again, however,your story does have a few offending statements.
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680