The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best Places to Buy/Sell Used tack?

Just wondering, where have COTH members had the best luck selling used tack- saddles, bridles, blankets, etc....I went to a re-sell it day today and have been trying to sell some things. I have tried ebay, equine.com and Area 3 websites....any other suggestions?

I have tried the Bits and barter website with zero luck! Heck even trying to buy anything off of there has not been easy. Doesn't seem that people actually check their ads... I have had my best luck with ebay and craigslist.

Hope that helps!

The Outside Course is a free classifieds forum. A few members from here sell on it. HGS has free forums, but unless you have low prices there are a ton of tire kickers and few members that actually buy nice items.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

For nicer tack Nicole at MD Tack Exchange has been great. She buys it out right then resells it.

I have had quite a few clients whose saddles I dont take on trade deal with her and be very happy.

Some people will say but I wont get as much if I sell it my self. I say - you get your money now, you dont have to deal with "tire kickers" and if you could sell it for the same price yourself you would have.

Generally it is the same commission if you consigned it.

Facebook. Good photos with descriptions and prices in a public album. Post to your own page, so your friends can share with their friends, and post on all horse related groups you can find. Update the album and repost as stuff sells.

The Middleburg Tack Exchange is my favorite. The Snooty Fox in ATL is pretty good too!

Have you taken a look at fine-used-saddles.com? Pretty much just saddles and their fittings, not cheap, but I think the site is head and shoulders above any other site for its great photos. And lots of photos and you can even zoom in on them too, so its almost like seeing them in person. Plus write-ups that give more details than other sites. I've learned a lot from the site! Good luck!

Bits and Barter board
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450