The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Oh I am so sorry to hear this.
    I was just thinking about her this morning when I woke up and was going to post asking how she was doing.
    My prayers and thoughts are with her and her family. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I never got to meet her, but felt I knew her through the BB and our PNW connection.

Oh dear....that's truly horrible, and she will be forever missed here and in the "real" world. She was certainly an infinitely kind person; she even emailed me once or twice when I posted about feeling down in the dumps from the PNW weather, life, etc. She was amazingly kindhearted, a real fighter, and a wonderful person whose absence will be felt by us all for a long time to come. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

*Formerly known as Seabiscuit*

I gasped when I opened this thread - how terribly, utterly sad. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I was wondering about her yesterday, as I hadn't received a recent email update on her health, and thought to myself that she was probably too busy riding her beloved horse - complete with oxygen tank.

She made me laugh, smile, think; and while battling her own health problems, reached out to comfort me when my family went through a terrible February of health crises.

I will miss her terribly and am baffled that she's no longer with us.

Those pictures of her on her horse are bringing me to tears. What a wonderful woman, she will never be forgotten.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of her passing.

She had so much to share with us all and was so kind, considerate and enthusiastic about living life to it's fullest.

Please let us know if there is to be a memorial or service so we can send more than our thoughts to others whom she cherished.

Fly little hummingbird.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Here's the thread with the "rocket man" pictures, for those who might have missed it the first time.

An absent BB'er checks in, bring curb chain and thank Sister Louise and Sister Heidi

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't know what to say, except that she will be missed...

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. It is always hard to lose a loved one to Cancer.

Though I never met her, I am glad to have shared "cyber" space with her. I hope, should the time ever come, I might be as brave as she.

***I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.***
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

OMG [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] When I saw the thread title, I started to shake. My heart goes out to her family. May all of us gain strength from her battle.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

MGR - you said it - that picture of Cactuskate riding complete with her oxygen tanks truly put my life in perspective, and gave me insight into what true courage is all about.

If anyone has any contact with Kate's family and "non-cyber" friends, please let them know that she will be truly missed by many, and our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. "
    - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

but right now I am trying very hard to just focus on what a wonderful, funny person she was.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her husband Gary, and all her family and friends.

Rest in peace, Kath.
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

I didn't think this would happen....I'm so sorry. I'm glad to have known her even if so brief.

Superheroes of the universe, unite!

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

Very sorry to hear of this.....
    "Lighten up, Francis." -Stripes

--------------------------
    I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
    -- John Keats
    --------------------------
    I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
    -- John Keats

OH goodness....alteast she is not in pain anymore...which is the most wonderful thing. I feel so quilty, here I post about nonsense and un-important things and there are people who are going through such hard times and continue to post such positive things... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

My thoughts and prayers are with her family!

**BARB***

House hunting on Long Island....we're looking at cardboard boxes..since that's all we can afford in a nice area....
    **BARB***

Oh no. May she rest in peace, free of pain and worry.

Please let her family and friends know that she had many friends she never met, who cared about her and recognized her courage and grace.

Rest in peace, Cactuskate.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Touched by her humor and zest for life
    Touched by her kindness and courage

Saddened by her death

She will be missed
    In this place in cyberspace.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I can't believe this happened - I was just thinking of her this weekend, thinking it was about time for another update on her therapy trip. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It honestly never occurred to me that she'd never be sending out another update - she just seemed to strong for that. May Kathy find all her loved animals over the Rainbow Bridge. *sniff*

I too will never, ever forget those pictures of her riding with an oxygen tank. She obviously touched many lives. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
    The hardest to learn was the least complicated.