The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

This truly wonderful woman lost her battle with cancer over the weekend. I know that many of you knew her on this forum as she spent alot of time providing advice and giving her insight here. For those of you who were lucky enough to know her personally, I don't have to tell you what an incredibly inspiring person she was. For those of you who know her through this forum, I am sure she has touched many of you in other ways. I posted this message to you all because I believe she viewed many of you as "family", and would want you all to know. Her strength through this illness was remarkable, and I never once saw her get down about it. Because of her, I will now do my best to live each day to the fullest, and I won't worry about the small stuff anymore. I hope you all do the same. She will forever be missed....
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09

This truly wonderful woman lost her battle with cancer over the weekend. I know that many of you knew her on this forum as she spent alot of time providing advice and giving her insight here. For those of you who were lucky enough to know her personally, I don't have to tell you what an incredibly inspiring person she was. For those of you who know her through this forum, I am sure she has touched many of you in other ways. I posted this message to you all because I believe she viewed many of you as "family", and would want you all to know. Her strength through this illness was remarkable, and I never once saw her get down about it. Because of her, I will now do my best to live each day to the fullest, and I won't worry about the small stuff anymore. I hope you all do the same. She will forever be missed....
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09

I'm so sorry. I dont know what to say. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Ugh...this is just making me so sad. The picture of her riding that big horse with an oxygen tank on her back is ingrained in my memory.

Always,
    FairWeather
    "Just call me mint jelly cuz i'm on the lamb!--Grandpa
    http://www.fairweather-farm.com

[This message was edited by FairWeather on Apr. 16, 2002 at 09:12 AM.]

Oh no... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thank you for letting us know.

very sad news.
    * trying hard to be the person that my horses think i am

Rather puts everything in perspective doesn't it? May God rest her soul.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Oh she will be missed.

From our "Trip across the border" back in February:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cactuskate: Whew, made it across the border. Those Mounties are tooooo cute.
    But I fear this "desert rat" did not dress warmly enough for this climate. Must shop for some fuzzy duds.

ETBW, do you have an extra horse cooler for me to bundle up in? I'm freezing my buns off here.
    But boy that breakfast buffet is sounding much better than the bowl of soggy Raisin Bran before me now. I would love to join Louise in the Eggs Benedict line.

I knew I was going to like this new board. I just realized not only did I find a host of new friends but I just peeled 30-odd years off my age.
    Go EMG!!!!!!!

Stable: Legal drinking age in Canada is 28 posts Cactuskate - enjoy it while it lasts!!

Quinn: I know Cactuskate, we'll just keep changing our name and we'll stay forever young. I expect to see you shortly as calculate and I'll be schwin!

Cactuskate: Quinn, calculate would work, as I do bookkeeping. Close enough. So 28 huh? Interesting number, but hey it's Canada, eh?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm sure there were a host of critters waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge........

I am so sad. We cooresponded once in a while, and I always enjoyed her sense of humor and joy in life. Good rest to a beautiful soul.

I think that maybe we should dedicate our volunteer days to her - I have a feeling that she would have been right in the middle of the activity, if she had been able.

---------------------------
    "We ride and never worry about the fall.
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all."
    Tim McGraw
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

cactuskate

Always,
    FairWeather
    "Just call me mint jelly cuz i'm on the lamb!--Grandpa
    http://www.fairweather-farm.com

Toronto,Ont.Canada (The land of the riders whoa re good enough for the hot, but choose to stick to the snow)

is a warrior, She must have been very brave.

All my love goes out to her family and friends.

oh no [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] She seemed like such a great person.
    -Megan

It is always so very sad to lose someone so vital and inspirational.

May she be remembered for her jest for life in times that were bleak.

If there are angels, she surly has earned her hallow.

I was so sad to hear this news. As FairWeather said I to will always remember "The picture of her riding that big horse with an oxygen tank on her back is ingrained in my memory." She touched many of us and will continue to with her strength. My prayers are with her family and friends. She lived life to the fullest and we should honor her by trying to do the same.

Maria
    Maria
    Having Fun in Life is what its all about.

What a terrible shame, she seemed such a wonderful person, such an inspiration. She GAVE us so much with her grace.

I remember that picture, also, and always will. Her family and friends are in my thoughts today.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

"Kate" was terribly brave. She was also incredibly good. We shall miss you, friend. I know you're in heaven, feeding apples & carrots to all the horses.

Damn, I thought she was invinceable. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Canter/Stable

This is why I go to work every day.

I was thinking of her this weekend and was going to contact her to see if the hummingbird babies had left their nest (they were due to this weekend)

Nice image to think of all of them taking flight.

Celebrate her spirit, mourn not her loss.

_\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

Her strength, sense of humour and positive outlook during an unfair time was remarkable and I know she will not be forgotten by her COTH family.
    I too, will forever have that picture of her on her horse etched in my head and will bring it into memory whenever I think I can't get through an obstacle in my life.

What a truely inspirationaly woman she is.

Never Forgotten

[This message was edited by Tin on Apr. 16, 2002 at 10:34 AM.]
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

I am so sorry. I will say a prayer for her soul.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

I had the pleasure of meeting Cactuskate last year at the US Grand Prix and it is hard to accept that someone with so much vitality is no longer with us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] She will definitely not be forgotten on this BB.