The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just to rub it in a little bit more. I'm taking my bootiful Coth cap on another horseride tonight afterwork. AFter that I must quench my thirst at the local watering hole down the way from the stables.

On such a wonderful sunny day here in Rochester, that awesome hat will keep the bright sun at bay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

I'm obviously going to have to mug Portia for hers
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

is Billie Ray Martin's "I've Never Been To Memphis." We sang that and played it last week when we drove to Nashville and passed through Memphis on I-40.

For some reason, I totally forgot to purchase my cap at Rolex. They are really sharp, though. Portia had hers on, which is how I recognized her!

Robby
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Where have you been lately RobbyJ?

We've missed you!

We have? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I haf heard from some of der horses vat humans already are hafing the caps of der beauty of them.

Jair, you vill be bringing me my cap tonight, ya?

Actually, I've been rather busy with my J-O-B! I went to Rolex for 2.5 work days, then was crazy in the office for 2.5 days, then was off to Nashville for a meeting I had to manage for 2 days. This week has been zany too, which found me on a video shoot all day yesterday and meeting with a potential new vendor for a big chunk of Tuesday afternoon. Tomorrow I leave for my hometown for my niece's birthday (she's 1 today) and Mother's Day. So much to try to squeeze into a month!

I'm home the next weekend then back to Lexington for a horse show with Willow, from which she will depart for Toronto and her "union" with A Fine Romance.

I am floating in the pool the entire month of June, I promise!

Robby

p.s. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] to Jair!
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Oh, you think so eh Alice? Sorry frauline! The cap is mine! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Robby - have you ever seen that Bernadette Peters production Song & Dance? You made me think of some of the lyrics:

"Like a soggy crumpet, floating around in the pool all day long".

Is that what you're planning on? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Prince Jair, owned by Lovely Alice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

OMG Jair, you have GOT to be kidding!!!!!! I lived in Kitsilano until, like, 2 weeks ago!!!! My friend's parents have an apartment there and they left last August to travel around Europe, so my friend and I and two others stayed there. It's close enough to the UBC and I absolutely love the area [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I miss it already, the cafes, the whole atmosphere. University is over and the parents have reclaimed their little abode, ever so politely kicking us out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is so weird. It is such a small world we live in eh? We could've easily passed eachother on the streets, totally unaware. I was pretty hard to miss around March though, if you saw a youngish blond girl being dragged by a huge, scary looking Doberman along the sidewalks (my sister's - I had to walk the beast twice a day for a week) that would be me.

We want to see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

YEAH!

My COTH cap was happily waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday! I, of course, wore it non stop for the entire evening and christened it while playing beach volleyball! Its a real westcoast cap now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thank you Wings!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Totally bizarre Tosca! We could very well have passed eachother, like ships in the night [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Kits is a great neighhorhood - I could never live anywhere else!

~Prince Jair, owned by Lovely Alice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

if my cap is not at my home when I arrive then I have two options

a) drive to Portia's barn and steal hers from her head

b) hop in truck and drive to COTH headquarters to demand my cap

what to do - what to do

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

The entire capless California Clique is, even as we "speak," planning a march on Virginia.

Brace yourself. It could get ugly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

I'm ready Beezer....lead the way!!!!

Yes, and we're coming armed with a harvest of rotten navel oranges to fling at anyone caught sporting a COTH cap! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Dang! Good thing I was out at the Center at a show this weekend. If I'd been at the barn, who knows what might have become of my precious COTH cap when SGray got hold of it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

first thing I'd have done is take it to monogrammer to get "NOT" put in front of the "Portia"

well, Portia eluded me this weekend but she'll be sweatin' it if my cap doesn't get here soon

of course, if I march on Virginia with the Cal. group.....

Blame it on the postal service [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What was that musical that had the song "The Wells Fargo wagon is a comin' down the street, Oh please let it be for me" ?

I am quite certian that you westies' caps will arrive soon. (Says ETBW happily checking her capped visage in the mirror for the jaunty tilt of the brim) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on May. 14, 2001 at 12:15 PM.]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

ETBW - better run and hide before the mob makes it to Virginia

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

The California Clique continues COTH capless. It's a conspiracy. We know it is.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!