The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Its here! Its here! I've almost got my COTH cap BEFORE Merry and the rest of the California Clique! How's that for service!

I have been tracking the progress of my cap which was sent to me so graciously by Everythingbutwings on Tuesday from Virginia. The cap had subsequently been to Memphis, Tennessee ("walking in Memphis!") where it switched planes and flew all the way across the States to land in beautiful British Columbia, when it, for some strange reason, apparently went back over the border to Spokane, Washington (to say hi to Bumpkin no doubt!!) before recrossing in to Canada and into Richmond, before being carefully placed on a special armored FedEx truck for safe delivery into the heart of trendy Kitsilano, Vancouver to the house of Jair.

Sadly, I was not home to receive it yesterday morning "recipient not available" according to FedEx, but they kindly left me a card to sign indicating that I'd let them leave the precious cap on my doorstep in my absence on the redelivery attempt. Sorry COTH, I know it's a risk having my cap left out like that, but I WANT IT NOW ! I duly signed the card and left it, excited in the knowledge that in less then 8 hours I would be wearing my cap!

The question is, will I get it before Merry and the others? Could I, a mere Canadian, receive my coveted COTH cap BEFORE the Californians? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] After all, I know that the cap is already in Vancouver, in fact, it could already be waiting for me in my mailbox as I type!

Odds anyone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Who will get it first? Jair, or the Californians? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Its here! Its here! I've almost got my COTH cap BEFORE Merry and the rest of the California Clique! How's that for service!

I have been tracking the progress of my cap which was sent to me so graciously by Everythingbutwings on Tuesday from Virginia. The cap had subsequently been to Memphis, Tennessee ("walking in Memphis!") where it switched planes and flew all the way across the States to land in beautiful British Columbia, when it, for some strange reason, apparently went back over the border to Spokane, Washington (to say hi to Bumpkin no doubt!!) before recrossing in to Canada and into Richmond, before being carefully placed on a special armored FedEx truck for safe delivery into the heart of trendy Kitsilano, Vancouver to the house of Jair.

Sadly, I was not home to receive it yesterday morning "recipient not available" according to FedEx, but they kindly left me a card to sign indicating that I'd let them leave the precious cap on my doorstep in my absence on the redelivery attempt. Sorry COTH, I know it's a risk having my cap left out like that, but I WANT IT NOW ! I duly signed the card and left it, excited in the knowledge that in less then 8 hours I would be wearing my cap!

The question is, will I get it before Merry and the others? Could I, a mere Canadian, receive my coveted COTH cap BEFORE the Californians? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] After all, I know that the cap is already in Vancouver, in fact, it could already be waiting for me in my mailbox as I type!

Odds anyone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Who will get it first? Jair, or the Californians? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

All I can say is that if you get yours before Merry and Beezer, they may cross the border and take it right off your head.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Never mind the Californians... what about the poor Georgians?

You know, Georgia, the state between SC and FL, and only 2 states (635 miles) between it and Middleburg... As opposed to next to the Caucusus?

Although apparently that is where mine must be headed to!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Jair - I believe you will get it first. Technically you already have it since they tried to deliver to you. Whereas the Californians havent even gotten to that point yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by FIRSTCRY on May. 10, 2001 at 02:35 PM.]
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

Who cares about the friggin' Californians! I, a loyal Texas clique member, have yet to receive my hat... I demand a recount! Oh, wait, no, wrong situation. Ummmmmmm. A tracking number. Yes. I want a tracking number!

Thank you Firstcry, that's the way I see it too!

Na na na na NA na! I got mine first [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Poor DMK and LOUISE, still capless in Atlanta and Rochester. How sad. NOT! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

My COTH thong bikini came in the mail today! Leopard print with a "B" on each ummmm...

At which event shall I christen my new threads?

Perhaps my next lesson!

You'd better guard that cap! Beware, those Californians may snatch it right off of your front porch while you are at work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I thought that the "B" was what was missing on a thong [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I'm booking a flight right now to Vancouver....if I leave for the airport right now and fly up north, I may make it in time to intercept the hat! Now I just need to get ETBW to give me his address.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Hmmmmmm....Merry, how about joining me on this adventure, and we'll try to tempt Lovely Alice to come back to Cali with us!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Wyahhhhhhhhh! I still don't have my cap, no Fedex delivery, no nada. I even have a sticker on my front door giving Fedex immunity from prosecution should they leave something on my doorstep with benefit of signature.

Wyaaahhhhh! ETBW loves Jair more!

Merry, Beezer - is there something you want to confess? Did you fly into Toronto last night and swipe my cap and fly back to L.A. on the red-eye?

Wrong, Jair, Louise got her cap yesterday! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'd be worried about leaving that cap on that porch, if I were you. We hear about the terrible crime problem you have up there in Canada. Why, we heard there was a jaywalking incident in Vancouver just yesterday! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Hey Jair.....are you going to drive home on your lunch hour to see if its there yet? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck, go Jair, go Jair, go Jair.

P.S. We expect pictoral proof to posted here with time and date stamp attached (he he folks, yet another trick to get handsome Jair's picture on the 'net).

DOH! that was me Portia - I was hurrying home to get my cap and wan't paying attention to the streets! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So Louise got hers eh? Sorry DMK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Yes - Jair will try to get a photo of him in his cap asap. No guarantees though Maz!

That's right Heidikins, ETWB loves me better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Yeah, hurray! Wingsy loves me most - Mr. Fedex just delivered my hat!

Hehehehe. Hope you don't get sustain a capless sunburn in California, ye Merry and Beezer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I still got mine before you though Heidi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I just never saw it!

~Prince Jair, owned by Lovely Alice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

But there's only one queen seated before her PC, with a lovely cap arranged just so atop her head, isn't there? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Hans took the digital camera to the office but shall instruct him to bring it home so that I may post a picture tonight -- if only to taunt Merry and Beezer with pics of my capped glory.

Thank you Wingsy! Reciprocal package off to you this week darling.

How do I get one?

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Beezer, Royal Princess to Queen Merry, and as such her official Secretary of War....

Hereby proclaims that a full-scale assault on Canada shall be launched!!

GIMME THOSE DAMN CAPS!!!!!!!!
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!