The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you remember...
    ..when Farmgate and Snowbird were the oldest here?
    ..when we argued for 2 weeks over what color Dreamboat was? (the Lindner's pony)
    ..before we got infopop BBs (like before the last BB)?
    ..before we got the flame folders?
    ..before we hit 1000 for posters? 500? 250?
    ..before any 'cliques' were alive?
    ..when you could come to the bb and see posts on the front page from the last 3 weeks? month?
    old posters, add other old post memories! I was a lurker long before I first posted (hence the still-later joining date!) but the memories! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] null

Do you remember...
    ..when Farmgate and Snowbird were the oldest here?
    ..when we argued for 2 weeks over what color Dreamboat was? (the Lindner's pony)
    ..before we got infopop BBs (like before the last BB)?
    ..before we got the flame folders?
    ..before we hit 1000 for posters? 500? 250?
    ..before any 'cliques' were alive?
    ..when you could come to the bb and see posts on the front page from the last 3 weeks? month?
    old posters, add other old post memories! I was a lurker long before I first posted (hence the still-later joining date!) but the memories! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] null

I think that what started it all was the discussions about problems and the proposal of rule changes to solve the problems.

Larry Langer had laid down a challenge and said we were all lazy and worthless because all we did was complain. SO! we took the challenge and called his bluff. There were only a little over 200 posters including lurkers.

As they all chimed in the BB grew. I have met some really good friends over the year that this BB has grown.

We were very serious minded and discussed the eating problems of the young riders, the alcohol and drug problems of the older riders and a ton of other heavy subjects.

Good exercise for the brain!
    Love the new features especially the polls. Wish we had that way back when.

OK. Mmmmmm, let's see. I sure remember Snowbird and Farmgate from my earliest visits here. Where is Farmgate, anyway? Why haven't we seen her much recently? I miss her and trying to figure out how to pronounce the names of her wonderful Welsh pony stallions.

I arrived when there were between 250 and 400 members. I remember Snowbird posting the congratulations message on hitting 400. And I remember the explosion in members when the GM poling incident in Palm Beach thread hit -- the first of the multi-page, highly controversial threads that, while they can be distressing can also be important discussions.

I remember when there weren't any flame folders, and when we had the long thread debating Erin's question of whether it would be better for the newest posts to be added to the top of the thread or keep them at the bottom. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dang, somebody clear the dog out of my rocker and get me my blanket. I'm so tired from remembering, I'm going to have to hang out on the Porch and take a nap!
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I remember all of that too because I LURKED for waaay over a year before I ever joined in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

I lurked for a long, long time before I ever came on. Mainly because so many of the topics were oh so American and I didn't feel comfortable chiming in with my opinion. I know some of you miss the "old COTH" but I have to ask - by going on and on about the way it used to be, you guys are really making me feel unwelcome and not wanted. I'm not trying to stir the pot here, I'm just saying that all these oldies things, and the laments about how things used to be makes me feel like I'm intruding - and I was with you guys long before the GM Poleing thread.

Snowbird I know you love the serious topics but can't the serious and the fun exist hand in hand?

Perhaps I'm feeling all sentimental as I remember the COTH board pre-INFOPOP. Perhaps I'm just being silly.

Canter, I've been here since Feb/March 99 (in various incarnations [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and have to say that I like the board best as of the past few months. Don't go anywhere! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Canter, I just think it's that time of year. Periodically one of the older posters will say something that makes me feel like I crashed the party, but I think the 'best of' and 'do you remember' threads are just a product of our ages (I find myself doing that a lot with old friends)and the fact that 2000 is almost history.

Sometimes those Virginians do get out of hand though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

don't tell anybody, but I like the fun mixed with the serious too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Golly! I don't want to sound as if I can't appreciate some fun and a good time.

I really do enjoy the fun and the satire along with the serious stuff. We all are in for a good laugh every day.

I even like the lighter topics that tickle the imagination. Please don't misunderstand. It was just so nice to be able to talk about serious things too and with people who really cared.

I think what has made this BB work is the even percentage of everything. Sort of like a running soap opera somethimes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dang, somebody clear the dog out of my rocker and get me my blanket. I'm so tired from remembering, I'm going to have to hang out on the Porch and take a nap! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm off the chair, already!
    Portia, that wasn't the dog, it was ME!!!!

I remember the board when I could it once a day and be able to see a topic from two days ago still be there. When I used to check every hour and get so frustrated that no one else had posted since the last time I had checked!

Before We discussed which item of head protection you used- safe or apparal only? On a bi-daily basis......

When there were only about 20 of us.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

When I managed to get my foot very firmly embedded in my mouth, during one of my first posts here, and Deerie, Portia and Snowbird were so nice to me that I felt that I could keep posting here after all.

Canter - please don't go anyplace!! It's growth and change that keep something alive (OMG gotta water the violet, talk about growth). We may get a little nostalgic at times, but never doubt that we value you and your opinions.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm off the chair, already!
    Portia, that wasn't the dog, it was ME!!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, sneaking up on the Porch again, are ya? I thought it looked too furry to be a dog! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks you guys - now that's the Christmas spirit! I HAVE been feeling a little overly sensitive since that little Canadian bashing incident a few weeks ago... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Slugger:
    [quote}Canter, I've been here since Feb/March 99 (in various incarnations ) and have to say that I like the board best as of the past few months. Don't go anywhere![/quote]
    Same here, Canter!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"

One of those city that are big towns, real big!,San Antonio TX

To think how big our family is getting yet all of us are closer. We are like this tight nit bunch. We can sometimes be funny and sometimes be serious. yet we ae all family. I can't remember how long I was a lurker, I think I started lurking around agust of 99 but don't quote me. Now I call this BB my home. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"I\'m going to go see a horse about a man\" - Unknown

Sea Urchin didn't get so much attention!

Moesha didn't have any alter egos

There were NO canadians

The DQ's were EASY targets

and I had AT LEAST 6 alter egos to play with....

ah.....the "good 'ole days!!!!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

I think I registered the first day the forums came online lol! We didn't just argue over Dreamboat's color, the big question was whether she's a mare or a gelding.

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

At the risk of encouraging Colin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] my first day visiting the BB was the Chain Noseband Day. If memory serves I was one of the first to respond. You talk about biting hook, line and sinker. OMG [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I was such a novice, knew nothing of trolls, alter egos and that people would post just to provoke!?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I am much more mature now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] And so began my new "career" in BB-land. What fun it has been.
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

You made my day, Catuskate!!!! Such fun!!!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]