The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wow! Thats beautiful. That picture is so inspiring and im sure everyone that sees it will realize what a special person Cactuskate was. I didnt know her very well but when I did know her too well, but everything she wrote was happy. Now THATS looking on the bright side. I know a lot of people have there problems but that lady was always in a good mood. Im so sad that shes gone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

TERRI!!!!
    ~*Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and spurs excite me!*~
    ~*From Terri*~

It's absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much to everyone who worked on putting it together. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

What a beautiful tribute, to a beautiful person.. Well done! Erin and Merry, thank you.

That is just perfect!

I am bringing to up in my 4-H club @ our monthly meeting. I would love for us to raise money for her charity.

*Pony Rock*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    I It's episodes like this that make this BB a great place... despite some of the less-than-stellar crap that goes on here on a daily basis. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Great page, and I loved the quote from Kate at the end of the copy.

Thanks, Lisa Marie, Bill, Merry, and Erin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

What a marvelous ad! I'm proud to have been a small part of it, nothing major like some of you, but a part nevertheless. Thanks for the marvelous work in putting it all together - the layout and the copy. And, thanks for scanning and posting the ad, Erin. I won't be seeing the real thing for a couple of weeks, being here on the Left Coast. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

her but I wished I did. This is so special and I am glad for it.

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous. Self proclaimed fashion police.
    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.

and I feel like a heel in that, despite my best intents, I never actually got a check in the mail.

I still want to do something for Kathy. Could I just make a donation directly to HITH?

Take a hack around heaven on Willow, Kathy! You two take care of each other!

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

It's perfect! Thanks to everyone who made that happen!

- C

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I emailed the ad to various horse friends.
    I am so proud of our BB!!!
    You are all so caring and special.

I would also like to add, Kathy use to post over on Towerheads.
    If it strikes your fancy, you may want to go over there and read some of her delightful postings.
    She was always such a generous person herself with her happiness and good thoughts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I bet she is riding Willow Robby.

Sure, Robby! Or anyone else who didn't have a chance to send a check to me... just go ahead and make a contribution to Horses in the Hood (or the Yuma hospice) in her name. Email me if you need the contact information for either organization.

I will mail our big contributions off to those groups on Monday.

I am sure that Kathy is having a grand old time doting on lovely Willow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

HITH
    10536 Culver Blvd
    Culver City CA 90232

www.horsesinthehood.org

Hospice of Yuma
    http://www.hospiceofyuma.com

_\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robby Johnson:
    Take a hack around heaven on Willow, Kathy! You two take care of each other!
    Robby
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oh lord, now I'm really crying again.

Robby, of course you can make a donation to HITH. It all counts, as does the caring. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Too perfect. Thanks to all who made it possible.
    The Evil Chem Prof

this BB has gone from entertainment to downright integral in my life. You all have no idea what you and this community means to me.

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

What a fabulous ad.... great work by all.

Robby, I will be doing the same. I told Erin I'd send a donation and then had to deal with a good friend of mine dying of Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) and have fallen a bit behind on other things.

BTW, for those who missed it in earlier posts... after paying for the ad, we had $1050 left over. So I have just written checks for $525 to both Horses in the Hood and the Hospice of Yuma in Kathy's memory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and if anyone who donated wants to write this off on their taxes... here's the math. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Total, we raised $2373.70. The ad cost 1323.70 and we're giving the remainder ($1050) to charity. So, you can consider 44.23% of whatever you mailed to me to be a donation split 50/50 between HITH and the hospice. ($1050 is 44.23% of $2373.70)

So if you sent me $50, your total donation would be $22.11, and you could tell the IRS you gave $11 to HITH and $11 to the hospice.

Someone please correct me if my math is wrong. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I haven't gotten my copy yet (I don't subscibe anymore but since I placed it they're sending me a copy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

I'm so glad that it turned out so wonderfully and served not only as a tribute to what a wonderful person Kathy was but what a great group of people all of you guys are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It really does look lovely.

-- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Thanks again to everyone who actualized our feelings for Cactuskate. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Like Robby, I'd like to say that after being away from a computer for 5 days, IT IS SO GOOD TO BE BACK WITH MY FRIENDS! How JAIR is managing to do without us I'm sure I don't know!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

I am sure Kathy would be proud. If the people from California have to wait a long time for their copy of COTH, how long does it take to get to heaven? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

*Endurance Rider Wannabee!*
    *Endurance Rider Wannabee!* (But...just passing thru...for now!)
    ~*Peruvian Paso Clique*~