The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reginapony:
    I am sure Kathy would be proud. If the people from California have to wait a long time for their copy of COTH, how long does it take to get to heaven? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

*Endurance Rider Wannabee!*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immediately, Reginapony. I doubt that the US Postal Service has a place in Heaven [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]!

Nina

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

I am proud to have had a part in this effort, we are such a wonderful community.

Robby, I have been crying off and on all weekend for you and Gail.

That is a lovely sentiment you wrote, I am sure that Kate is looking after all our lost loved ones.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

to have been a tiny piece of this. The ad is lovely, thanks so much to those who put it together. Can't wait to see my own printed copy!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

It really is wonderful. I'm so touched to see how people have come together. I'm crying, but I'm happy.

Superheroes of the universe, unite!

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

My favorite line was the one about her waiting for us at the end of the trail.

Made me cry.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

I got chills reading it - what a perfect tribute to her.

As to the poster who mentioned Bud. Do you know if she had left in her will that he was to go to someone specifically? I'm just wondering how he got to CA and what he'll be doing there.

* I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. *
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Makes me proud to "know" everyone here. Thanks to the ones who made this happen and helped to put it together.

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

I don't believe that Kathy had specified anyone in particular... I think her trainer just took care of finding Bud an appropriate "home for life." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ROCK!

It is at times like this, in situations like CactusKate's, that humanity comes to the fore.

I'm very proud of all of you.

www.MickeeShawStables.com

Kathy had an absolutely wonderful friend and dressage trainer (she was mine when I lived in AZ too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] who she entrusted with the task of finding Bud the most special of homes. She was blessed to find a lovely couple who understood just what this horse meant to Kathy, and just how special he should always be thought of. From what I understand, they spend more time grooming and feeding him carrots than they do riding him....and they love him to pieces. I am sure Kathy would be very happy he has found such a wonderful home.....
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09