The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

I'm Chanda (NO R IN THERE PEOPLE, just Chanda! NOT ChandRa, just Chanda.
    C h a n d a!!)(sorry, had this problem for the last 29 years)

Born and raised in Santa Barbara. Worked for a show barn for about 16 years until I took a quick stint in Ohio for college (won't name the school). While at school my horse was ruined (by the school) and I was inured (basically schools fault) and not to ride again for 7 years. During this time I worked as a Veterinary Technician.

Once back in CA I married and moved onto my hubbys vineyard to immerse myself in the lifestyle. Just so happens that the vineyard used to be a horse farm and we lived above 10 EMPTY stalls (well, 9 empty stalls now).

Chase, 8 year old Hanoverian jumper with an attitude, was purchased as a surprise wedding present about 11 months ago. Through many ups and downs we have triumphed (he has been REALLy good lately) and will be attending our first show together on Thanksgiving (in some random jumper division) with the help of Chef's trainer Cris.

I should also mention that I have 7 dogs. Yes 7! Who take up most of my non-horse time with their illnesses and injuries (my pug is on 5 different meds right now and the rest are always fighting)(I definitley recomend getting dogs that are all the same breed when you get up there in numbers, preferably greyhounds).

Here is a pic of me trying to get Chase to stand still for some conformation shots. Excuse how skinny I am. I have been trying to gain weight for all of my life. I have a horrible metabolisim that uses up all availiable food/energy and makes me week and ill. I also got teased very harshy my whole young life.
    (Please don't tease me, I am so sensitive!!)
    By the way, that IS a COTH cap on my head.

Hi, I am Pam and I am happy to say that I am at least only the third oldest poster on the BB....

I was fortunate enough to be born into a riding family and have been riding for my entire life, with short times out to start a career and be a married person who played GOLF [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I have had a career in advertising and am an attorney (non-practicing at the moment, thank goodness)

Three years ago I saw the light, moved to "The Horse Capital of the World" (it say so on all the signs) and bought a horse farm. I now buy OTTB's and turn them into "A" show hunters. My first project was Warren, and he is the farthest along (on most days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) New pic. from last week is attached.

As far as fuzzy friends go, I have a Bearded Schpooterraps named Shelby, who replaced Berkeley, the bestest doggie that ever lived.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Hi, my name is Genie and I'm a 25 year old living in NYC working in the financial information industry and I come here for my daily dose of horses. I have been riding since I was seven, but haven't had a horse since I went to college. I fully admit, living in NYC and not having a horse, I live vicariously through all of you. I grew up in South Jersey and last showed my old OTTB in the Childrens'.

I doubt anyone is still reading these...I gave up after page one - but here it goes!

I am 24 years old, been riding since I was 10 when a friend and I would zip around the trails on her ancient QH - riding double. Started taking lessons at 11, bought a pony, and met my current trainer shortly thereafter (so I have been with her for 14 years.) I did it all as a junior: hunters, Eq, jumpers - I am easily bored. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But I think my favorite has got to be the equitation - probably because of Chef my stellar Eq. horse who died last year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

So I now have a "challenging" youngster who we bought as a 2 year old, plus a "practice" horse (who lives near me) because I live 2 hours from my trainer. I work in Commercial Real Estate so I can feed my beasties.

Hey I am Courtney! I am a junior at Ohio State. I have a TB named Momo "Just My Luck" . Obviously I live in Columbus(Go Bucks). I have owned my horse for 3 yrs. Still have my first horse. I am 19 Yrs old. I show in A/A. But soon to the jumpers. I live in Columbus by myself, with my mother in Mexico, father in London, brother in Atlanta, and sister in Washington. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] But I do alright, all i really need is my horse right! I am originally from Houston TX. And believe me I am a Texan through and through.

OH!!!!PS For some reason [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I can kill any thread just by posting :|

Court!! and Momo feels the same way.
    Everyone three weeks and I will be back at school and back to my horse!!

[This message was edited by HunterjumperOH on Aug. 28, 2001 at 08:18 PM.]

hummm, let's see...
    I'm Andrea. I'm from Nova Scotia Canada. I'm also 15... going into grade 10 I've been riding since gr.8 really, thats when i got my first horse. I'm in Pony Club have my level 'C' but won't be getting any more for awhile with Katie.

I have my own horse Katie, who is a green clyde/tb mare. She is anywhere's from 7-12... but we are guessing around 8 or 9. She is the sweetest on the ground, and a total stubborn brat undersaddle. She will not do what you ask willing! I love it! She will either be a eventer or a jumper, most likely jumper until she becomes a little saner because we don't trust her in a open feild, if she decides to go, she's gone.

I just took my old girl who i leased to her new home. Very heartbreaking.

At my barn, I also have 2 little QH's who i take care of. Bobby is a 14hh champion reiner. He's 20 and goes lame easily. He is used for hacking, and lawn ornaments, He is also the sweetest cutest thing, and spoiled rotten.

Fritz is a 8 yr.old 16hh QH gelding. He also is a spoiled rotten sweetheart. He is full of talent, for what ever you want to do with him. At the owner's request, that is Western so i'm either learning to rein or taking him western pleasure. He is my lil boy, and has to have things jsut the way he wants to, or he pouts.

I have 2 dogs, maddie, a shar pei cross, and tina a blind a deaf old dog. She is my dog, and i just can't let her go, and well, she is still happy! Also, i have a kittie who likes to bite me.

Well, thats me, the only other thing i do besides horses is work, broomball in the winter, and swim some.
    Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall

I lived in northern Virginia as a kid and loved the Chronicle of the Horse magazine so was delighted to discover this website. I was probably born loving horses; worked (okay, practically lived) at a riding stable for several years as a kid.

Mostly, the horses I was allowed to ride were the troublemakers (normal, well-mannered horses seemed boring to me at the time, but they definitely don't anymore!) One of the horses I got to ride was a notorious bucker, a four year old chestnut gelding.

The thing is, he didn't buck out of pain or meaness but out of sheer joie de vivre...he was young and we channeled his athleticism into jumping; he stopped bucking and went on to do very well at shows.

The first horse my parents bought me was an off the track racing QH mare; she could contort herself like a pretzel and would sometimes suddenly bolt like she was having a flashback to her racing days.

She was a very talented jumper like
    the gelding, but eventually I realized she was never going to come around mentally as he had because she never got over a tendency to have flashbacks to her racing days and freak out. We never sold her; had her for many years (to include keeping her with friends for a few years while the family was in Europe) because I was afraid of what might happen to her.

So the top requirement I had when looking for my next horse was that the horse have a good mind, and my current horse definitely does...he's very sensible and also very affectionate.

I work full-time and don't have the time to work with a horse consistently, so I have him in full training. He's doing combined training which I really like for him for the variety. He gets bored just working in the arena day after day. In his current training program days working on dressage are alternated with days in the jumping arena and on the trails. He's happy and well-adjusted, so it seems to be working for him.

I work in technology; I've partially completed a masters in software engineering...also have a masters in English (teaching english as a second language), I'd taught english for a couple years in Japan and taught a little on the community college level but soon realized there was no way I was going to be able to survive (much less own a horse) in the Bay area on a teacher's salary, so made the career change into technology.

Great group of people posting here--I'm glad I found this message board.

Miniwelsh aka Abby. I am 24 years old and dreading the big quarter of a century birthday bash in December. I was born in Greenwich Connecticut and moved to Southern Maryland at the age of two. I competed in local shows and pony club for most of my junior years. I got my first pony Blackie at age 4, but he was quickly traded in for my second pony/saint, Suzy, who is now retired at close to age 30. I had a few horses and ponies and then bought my biggest project, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, at age 14. She was a completely untouched 4 year old arab mare, 13 hands and taught me more then any other horse has. She is now also retired at age 14 and I hope to breed her next spring.

I bought my latest project on a whim when I saw her bloodlines. She was a two year old abused welsh pony. I broke and trained her and she is now 5 - hope to do some rated shows and breed shows within the next few years if I can find a child rider with great hands and a good seat.

I lived in Northern Virginia for a while and worked in Washington DC and recently moved to <gasp> Milwaukee Wisconsin. I work in the resource center of a law firm and do lots of document clean up, excel projects, powerpoint projects and to help desk functions as well.

Hopefully one day I will start a pony breeding stable and also work with problem and rescue ponies, but for now, I'm stuck in an office [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

Okay, I have nothing better to do so here goes.

My name is Erin. I'm 16, live in the devil state of MI, and am currently horseless (donations accepted!). I actually just lost my horse of six and a half years 2 weekends ago to colic. Hug your horsies!

Anywho, I've been riding for about 11 years. I'm a senior in high school and compete on the Saugatuck Equestrian Team (yes, one cool thing about MI is a lot of high schools have eq teams). I'm currently attempting to relearn this little thing called western pleasure. I have 2 weeks...please no one show up to watch me make a fool of myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm also trying to decide what college I want to go to next fall. Decisions decisions. I'm currently applying to (however this may change) Michigan State, Western Michigan, Midway, and Sweet Briar. Quite the variety, huh?

So that's enough about me. Here's a picture of me and my old gal, Sweets.

~*~Erin B~*~
    Have you hugged your horse today?
    -Erin B-
    \"I am fairly agile, I can bend and not break. Or I can break and take it with a smile. I am so resilient. I recover quickly. I\'ll convince you soon that I am fine.\" (\'Bend and Not Break\', DC)

OK, here goes, Hi, my name is Kim, I am 34 years old, married (hopeing to be single again soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) with a 7 year old son named William, a 13 year old calico cat named Feist, and for the present time a 16 years OTTB bay mare named Casey (registered name FirstCry) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I say present time cause I am selling my mare because I am spending more and more time with my trainers greenies and less time with her, and she deserves more than that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Also, want to save $ so I can have my little nest egg to fall back on if and when I become single again)

I am a inventory manager at a warehouse outside Rochester, NY. I work with a bunch of truckers, oh what fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Next?

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

I am Deb, been riding, wow-over 17 ears [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] . Did not start til 22-good thing as I probably be crippled by now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I am 39-dreading the 40. I have been leasing most of those years and currently have been riding First Cry-owned by Kim (Firstcry). This one has taught me the most, especially about owning a mare. She has taught me to be patient and how far I should push things-or not. She now lets us touch her ears and I have shown her that trail riding is not a scary think and loves it more than the ring. Wheeee cantering 10 acres! She will be missed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I am an office manager for the iron workers union.

I have a UWP-Ultimate Wussy Pussy named Tiger.

Currently, horseless and trainerless--working on changing that....hopefully.

Deb

Oops-forgot single, single, single.

[This message was edited by Deb413 on Aug. 28, 2001 at 02:01 PM.]
    Tater-my Western Sport Horse
    http://www.clipshack.com/5539

I'm Wicky, physician, small business owner, stepmom, wifey, owner of two cats, two horses, and a large old drafty leaking house on the ocean. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I hit the big 5-0 this year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] but it's better than the alternative!

My two boys - Sight Unseen, a 7 year old 17.1 had beautiful DWB that had to be restarted earlier this year, and now is doing pretty well - hasn't reared for months, and was just a bit distracted at his first show (North Shore) doing just the warm-up two days ago. He's very attractive, gray, and has just begin to lay down in his poop. Ugh. Why a big gray horse. When you can keep his attention on the jumps, he will jump anything. When you can't keep his attention, he'll jump it anyway, but it might be sideways! We work on forward, straight, and he's taught me tons.

Optical Illusion, aka "Tiny" is an almonst 18 hand 5 year old DWB cross, out of Consul. He's much more sensible than his "brother" except he loves to give a big buck when cars come up behind him. As pretty as his brother is, Tiny is sort of dorky looking - huge ears, skinny long bod, a little behind at the knees... but a heart of gold. He just came back from the dressage trainer after a year of basic flatwork (I felt at 4 he was too gangly and immature to be jumping) and he really loves to jump now! He seems to find the distance - at least to the small jumps we are doing (can you tell I had a GREAT lesson this morning? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My name is Kristin. I'm 24 and work for a large Mutual Fund Company in Toronto. Moved from Nova Scotia a year ago where I grew up.

I have one horse name Magnum aka Neighsayer (yes I am fully aware of how cheesy that name is but I didn't make it up!!) that I love to death. When we movbed I trucked him along with me. Along with my puppy dog Bixby who is a wheeton/bearded collie mix.

I did h/j for 15 years and started eventing this year.

I live with my very patient fiance. AND we're getting married in December!!!

Nice to meet everyone!

http://communities.msn.ca/KristinSaunders/PhotoAlbums

Hello there!

I am 28 and am a professional geologist working for a geotechnical and mining consulting firm in Vancouver. Its a fun job, although it does require quite a bit of travelling to way-out-of-the-way places, which unfortunately takes time away from my horses:

Bambi - a 13 year old 16.3 grey selle francais gelding who is totally fun and a real jack of all trades - we do a bit of everything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

and Alice, a 6 year old 16.3 brown Hannoverian mare whom I have only had since Christmas and am still getting to know. We haven't done much showing yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I live with my partner of 4 years and his big crabby tabby cat named Morris, as well as a big tank of tropical fish [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I'm MargaretF and I am 42 (soon to be 43) and Corporate Director of Human Resources for a manufacturing and construction company outside Baltimore. I've been married for aeons, though my very nice husband is increasingly impatient with my horse addiction.

I have two horses and have been riding most of my life. I've done mostly hunters and some eventing, but now I am doing jumpers and some equitation.

Twilight, aka Phyllis is a 16.1 chestnut TB mare. I got her last year. She used to do the Jr. Jumpers with a well known junior rider, but now she does Adult Amateur jumpers with me. She's fabulous and we are doing well in the zone and state standings. I hope to move her up to low amateur owners at the end of next year.

Perturbed, aka Jazzy is an 18 year old bay TB, crabby of temperment. I got her from the Equine Rescue League 8 years ago. She is semi retired and being lightly ridden by a friend of mine, who adores her and spoils her.

No children, but 3 extremely spoiled and fat cats, two of whom must be caged because they are evil.

I'm a recruiter working in Human Resources for an engineering company in Salt Lake City, Utah! I moved to Utah from Middleburg, Virginia in 1997, and nothing has been the same since! LOL!

I have 4 horses, 3 dogs, a cat and a goat (Felix). One horse belongs to my husband and they team rope together!

Hannah - 2 year old TB mare
    Jake - 3 year old NAW gelding
    Pete - 13 year old TB gelding

I do the 3' A/A's - no desire to do more! LOL!

Here are some pictures of my "family":

and...

My husband..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My boyfriend....

My secret lover....