The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben & Me:
    LaurieB and HunterJumperz-Y'all both have the cutest horses/ponies! I want them both! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You can "have" mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] She is shall I say.....available.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jen
    hunterjumperz@aol.com
    www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint
    www.FLSportHorse.com - Free Classifieds for Florida Horses & Ponies.
    Ridge Point Stables - Hunter/Jumper show barn in Central Florida
    http://chronicleofmyhorse.ning.com/p.../HunterJumperz

Like my younger sister, Beezer (whom I could never seem to kill off by using our pony as a weapon) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I've ridden pretty much all my life. I guess my forte has always been equitation, but nowadays that's getting kind of embarrassing, since, yes, I'm 46 and my competitors just seem to keep getting younger and younger. They're all the children I never had!

When I was younger, I was supposed to be the next great American novelist. Then I had several years of professional counseling, and that squelched THAT creative spark, LOL! I am a former schoolteacher (yes, that's what's wrong with today's youth). For the past decade I've been working steadily as a freelance writer. In my spare time I antagonize my sister. Don't believe her when she claims I'm trying-- once again-- to kill her off by making her ride the baby greenies at home. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Let's see I am an 18 yr old sophmore at unc majoring in biology with plans of going on to vet school. my family owns seven horses/ponies but I am owner/in charge of most of them...we mostly foxhunt and event but all of our horses do a variety of things.
    i have laurel an eighteen yr old tb/arab who has evented through training and done some jumpers.
    oliver is my four yr old tb/qh and my future event horse who right is foxhunting and trail riding.
    lady is a three yr old qh pony I have for sell; i bought her last fall, broke her, and have done some hunter shows with her.
    dusty is my mom's new hunt horse, a five yr old qh cross who i am eventing some this fall at pre novice and novice. we also have a 27 yr old appy mare my mom still hunts, a three yr old welsh mare, and a three yr old pony gelding.
    in addition we have several cats and dogs...i work for my vet during the summer and on breaks...that's about all

"There are times when you can trust a horse, time when you can't, and times when you have to."

I am a writer and composer currently living in Ireland.

I have entirely too many horses - a retiree (Weatherford) and a jumper/eq horse for sale in the States, and a bunch of youngsters here in Ireland.

They can be seen at www.photopoint.com using my email addy as the album dirobdennis@juno.com.
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Hi, my name is Kelly and I am a 22 year old senior in college. My major is equine science with a specialization in business.

My two equines are Rocky and Chrissy.

Rocky is a 13 year old, 16.3, gray Quarter Horse gelding. We competed in the side saddle division at AHSA shows and did such funs things as compete at indoors and march in the 2001 Presidential Inaugural Parade! Now he is retired from the show ring and putzes around at the college in the equine program. He is very content with his retirement :-)

Chrissy is a 15 year old, 15.3, bay Thoroughbred/Clydesdale mare. We compete in Novice Level eventing and have a blast! She is not really mine, but her owner basically lets me think she is! She has been my project since she had no eventing background when I started riding her a year ago. However, now she is an eventing super star!

There is also Oliver and Traveler, my fiance's two horses who he events/evented. Olly being the baby and Trav the old man. And there's Moses, our cat, who lives in the lap of luxury - he wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, it's great meeting all of you and your horses! It's about time we had formal introductions again :-)
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

Hi, I'm Susan (msj)and am probably the grandmother on the board at 55, pushing 56 really fast! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have a small farm with 2 horses. One, Chocolate, is a retired 14 yr old QH, that only a mother could love. Dennis the Menace is a more appropriate name for him. He is a lovely pasture ornament and a good companion horse to my other horse, Tiger Bay (T-Bay).

T-Bay is a 9 yr old ottb, who is now on his 3rd career. He started as a race horse, became a successful training level event horse under the tutalege of an awesome trainer from NJ, and is now trucking this little grey-haired lady around.

I don't show anymore but can live vicariously thru others in competition. I do a lot of volunteer work at Horse Trials in my area. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

msj
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Hello all. My name is Kris, I'm 34, soon to be 35 (groan), and I live just north of Baltimore. In my professional life, I'm a marketing manager in downtown Bmore. No kids, no hubby, but I do have two GREAT shelties: Maddy and Strut.

I started riding just about 2 1/2 years ago when I finally had the time and resources to do so. I'd always wanted to ride, but had never actually sat on a horse (nope, not even pony rides at the fair). I found out this sport is a LOT more difficult than I thought (I find out daily just how uncoordinated I am), but also a LOT more fun.

I have a sweet 9-year-old, grey, OTTB mare named Cassie who's lazy and broke to death and more than happy to take care of a nervous, beginner rider as long as I keep her in golden delicious apples.

I got Cassie last September, so we're getting ready to celebrate 1 year together. Keeping her has meant giving up the cleaning lady, canceling the lawn service, pushing the car to make it through one more year (though it really should be replaced), setting the thermostat in the "barely tolerable" region, and foregoing new clothes and fancy vacations. But I love it. I can honestly say I'm happier having her in my life than I've ever been before.

Female - 22

I am a piece of white trash from Clarke County, Virigina...

2000 graduate of Virginia Tech....

work in Finance...

show in the Younger A/Os...

take pride in making Sea Urchin's life a living hell...

I show best when Moesha is there to give me a motivational speech...

DMK is cool, but I don't like it when her FL friends come show in VA.

Colin will be winning the Younger A/A Championship on my horse at the Middleburg Classic on September 21st. Just an FYI.

I have a mega-hot boyfriend named Chad (that name alone is sexy, eh?) that I haven't seen in 5 weeks, so I am like a female dog in heat right now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
    I have a mega-hot boyfriend named Chad (that name alone is sexy, eh?) that I haven't seen in 5 weeks, so I am like a female dog in heat right now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK VTRider we SO did not have to know that!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Anyways I spent a long time typing my little "Let's Meet" thing just to have my computer spaz.. so you'll have to wait to here about my extremely exciting (ha) life. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Aleesha

and I am a 16 year old senior in high school in VA. I own a 5 year old, very green 14.3hh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Morgan gelding named Vinny. (reg. name- W-B Divine) I am training him to do low level dressage, and hopefully he will soon start his over fences training. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] He is quite a funny little guy. He has a wonderful, puppy dog personality, and is very smart. He does have a "pony mentality" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] He is a gorgeous chestnut w/ a long, wavy mane and tail, and a big star. I wish my scanner was working- I'd post a pic of him!
    My first horse was a 14 (now 17) year old 15.3hh grey TB mare. Before we got her she had been barrel raced [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] and b/c of that came w/ some bad habits. She was also pregnant when we bought her!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Now my younger sister owns her, and is soon going to compete her in the jumpers and BN eventing. Her training has progressed rather slowly due to several things, and she currrently has an absess. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I have been riding for 8+ years, and I love it!(duh!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I love all animals, and have 2 dogs, a 12 yr old Yorkie named Barney, and a 5 mth old Husky/German shepard named Roxy. Wow- this was longer than I expected!! Sorry!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AlyssaC
    All I wanted was a white knight, with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse!

Hello! My name is Anna, I am a 22 year old owner of two TBs. Carson (for sale) and Sierra (eternally, or so it seems, lame). Once upon a time I campaigned the 'A' circuit in children's but after selling that horse, have been happy in our local circuit. I graduated from the University of Texas in Dec, 00 and now work for Accenture (formally Andersen Consulting). I have a boyfriend of 4 years, and yes we've thought about marraige, and no, I'm not ready yet!!!!

Here is my gelding.....(its a different picture than the one I've posted a million times)

3 months down........8 to go
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

And the lame-o mare (same picture as I have posted a million times)

3 months down........8 to go
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunterjumperz:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben & Me:
    LaurieB and HunterJumperz-Y'all both have the cutest horses/ponies! I want them both! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You can "have" mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] She is shall I say.....available.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jen
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not mine! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] (But I'm glad you like her.)

With luck, I will have Tess for the next 20 years or so. After that, I figure I'll be ready for another Welsh Pony. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm Jen, now 32, and have been riding since age 11. Pony Club (B), dressage, eventing, games, etc. These days I have Hobson (Halo Way), a 4-year-old TB who will be doing his first baby novice schooling events this fall, and Rex (C Ty's Prince), a 15-year-old appy whom I bought as a green 6-year-old, and rode through training level eventing along with a little bit of local unrated jumpers. Rex is now happily packing a 13-year-old pony clubber around.

I live in downtown Philadelphia with Mr Hobson, a bicycle racer and political scientist. We both work at Drexel University - I'm in the International Studies & Modern Languages department, where I do student advising, recruiting, development, curriculum stuff, and sometimes get roped into teaching. We have 4 cats - Morton, the Little Hermann (who is getting his own web site to display his collection of little baubles he finds outside), and Mowzy and Bug (the last two being the still-missing ones).

Well I did this a little bit ago, in June here's the link Allow myself, to introduce...myself I posted some pics there as well, but here's the abridged version.

I'm 28 and work as a freelance Media Director for an agency in B'more and part time I walk dogs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I have 2 horses, Whiskey that I've had for 14 years is the LOVE of my life and my retired event horse, and Ozzy, my 2 1/2 year old who is the sweetest, most giving animal to date (minus Whiskey of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) I'm an Averett Graduate and have had the fabulous opportunity to ride with some fantastic people over the years. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You can see more of my so called life at my website [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] In a Nut's Hell

--Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

I am Pam, and, thanks to Louise, I am NOT the oldest poster on the board. (I am close, but she is STILL older, and will always be older [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

I was fortunate enough to come from a riding family and have been riding my entire life, with 2 short breaks for career and marriage. I have had a career in advertising and I am an attorney (thankfully non-practicing at the moment).

I finally came to my senses and moved to the "Horse Capital of the World" and bought a farm where I turn OTTB's into "A" show hunters. I currently have 6, with Warren being my first and farthest along. (Most recent picture, from last week, attached) He is doing 3' with plans to go 3'6" next year. My current furry friend is named Shelby. She replaced Berkeley, the bestest doggie that ever lived.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Hi, I guess I am up next. I am a 34 year old female happily married with no kids and no horses yet! I have recently taken up ridding again after a very long hiatus from a scary accident. Yet I always said it was not the horses fault but my own inexperience.

I grew up in the hustle and bustle of NYC and I still call myself a New Yorker though I now live in Jersey. Its great not dogging cabs on your way to Central Park but I do miss the excitement and life in the city. I ride or try to ride at least once a week at a nearby stable and I can say that those lessons have been my therapy and my sanctuary whenever the days get crazy which they always do.

Today I occupy myself as an attorney and a freelance writer for the local papers. I run and lift weights to keep in shape and maintain a garden that produces both fragrant flowers and small produce. Jogging by the horse farms by our new home we will see beautiful colts all the way to retired race horse giving children rides on their backs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Not bad for a city girl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. I love to bake and love gourmet cooking and red wine. We love to travel and our dream vacation is to ride through the castles in England on horseback. First though, I have to teach hubby to ride. But I am lucky because it is my husband who encourages me to ride.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maria
    Maria
    Having Fun in Life is what its all about.

I am a 45 year old lawyer in Houston, Texas. Before that I was a police officer here (hey, Big Dreams, I worked nights on the beat and went to law school during the day). I also indulge heavily in my first love and consuming passion, breeding training and showing sporthorses (mostly Hanoverian, Oldenburg and now Knabstruppers - the first ones in North America!). I also stand a black Polish Arabian stallion for a client and handle all her mares and foals from him. I currently have 28 horses and 7 due for spring '02!

We train and show in dressage, jumpers (some hunter), and eventing. I also do the occaisional Arabian show for my client and clinics in this area on sporthorses and selecting the proper horse for the job you want to do.

I have no memory of not riding, but did have about 9 years that I was horseless before finally getting back to it in a big way about 15 years ago.

I'm also hooked on several equine bbs and should be out working horses instead of sitting here!!!

Oh, I have a wonderful husband and 2 horse-crazy daughers (ok, step-daughters, but I still think of them as mine!) ages 12 and 15. And we have a German Shepard, a rescued wolf-dog (no, I do NOT support breeding wolves in captivity or dogs to worlves and get rabid (pardon the pun) at the idea), 4 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (we also breed these lovely dogs), 3 cockatiels, 5 cats and lots of salt water fish. Whew!

Rebecca www.sonestafarms.com
    "Find something you love & call it work."
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I'm Robby, just turned 30, and I own a mare Willow that I evented through Training level. She lives in Canada now, with other BB poster Fred, and is in foal to A Fine Romance.

I have leased an Irish mare, Belclare, this summer, but she leaves tomorrow for a foxhunting home in Chicago.

I'll be horseless for a while, but certainly not horsey! I braid and groom at shows, and I have organized one clinic and will be organizing another this winter.

Robby
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Hi, I'm Clive's Mom, aka, Carie. I'm a 29 (ugh! almost 30) year old who has been riding horses since I was about 6 or 7 years old. My current horse is Clive - a 6 year old TB that I bought as a yearling. He's currently on summer vacation, having contracted a nasty yeasty-infection in his front foot necessitating his front shoes being pulled (can you say gimp?). When he's healthy, he's suppose to be a jumper, but lately he's been telling me he might make a better equitation horse, we'll see.
    By day, I'm a computer programmer geek. I have a jack russell (Harry) and a boyfriend (Mike) who I drag around to horsey events and make help me out at the barn (and he even reads the BB occasionally).
    I'm very lucky in that I've gotten to meet and hang out with some of the most fun people on the BB! Even got to meet Princess Maddie (of ETBW fame). Need to make it out to one of the shows at Culpeper soon and watch the rest of the No. Va crowd kick some equine tail in their various divisions. I'm also looking forward to this cranberry concoction that I keep hearing about.....

- C