The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

So I tried this once and my cat pulled the cord out of the wall when I was almost finished. Its taken me a few days but I'm going at it again.

I go by two names. Basically its a long story involving a fight my parents had over what to name me when I was born. But most people know me here as Sara, so we'll stick with that. The people that know my other name know the story anyway.

I'm 20, and a junior political science/speech and communciations double major at Clemson University in SC. After this I want to go to law school, and I'm hoping to recieve raving recommendations from all of the lawyers on this board when I apply to law school. (especially that one certain VA lawyer for whom I have done dirty work on SEVERAL occasions. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I grew up in Gainesville, GA- the poultry capitol of the world. Yes, its true. We even have the chicken statue and water tower to prove it. Although my parents still live in GA, I spend most of my non college time in a TINY town in VA called Catlett. Reason being, my horse lives up there now.

A little over a year ago I was working in Berryville, VA, riding with a woman there who had a small breeding operation. She had a young horse that was sort of for sale because it wouldnt fox hunt, and I jumped him around, loved him, and bought him with some pleading to the parents.

Since he was already in VA, I figured WHY leave horse country? So I shipped him out to Pam Baker, Winn Alden, and Pam Freeley's Hillcrest Farm in Bealeton, VA which was conveniently close to my house. Rumour... whos show name is Rumours Follow, is a 7yo chestnut registered member of the COTH BB created NAW. He's 17.2h, and when hes not an NAW, he's a Hanoverian x TB cross by Wertherson. Right now, we're doing the Adult Hunters. Next year, Rumour will do the 1st Year Greens with Winn, and I will show him in the Amateur Owners. Fun stuff I tell you!

Rumour also has another person in his life right now... he is half leased by a boy that shows him in the Childrens Hunters and the 3ft eq. This makes the situation easier while I'm far away at college. Next year he'll be showing him in the Large Juniors and big Eq. HOW EXCITING! hehe. The kid rides him better than I do and continuously makes me look bad. Ah well.

Other than horses, I have one cat, Max, who is 8 mos old, and he's totally crazy. Hes got a brother in my 15 week old Jack Russell Terrier puppy, Hollywood, who I recently acquired from COTH BBs very own Kryswyn. Max's hobbies include chasing Hollywood around the apartment, and Hollywood enjoys harrassing all the other dogs that live in the complex.

Thats about it for me... I've written a small novel. But here's a picture of Rumour & I at our most recent horse show.
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Somehow missed this between starting school and acquiring a really nasty case of the flu--nothing like talking for 2.5 hours with a really nasty sore throat. I teach chemistry at a community college

My name is my name. I'm 46 and an actual native Southern Californian. I've done some of everything-- jumpers, eq, hunters, eventing, dressage. Three of my four horses have been bay TB geldings; the other was a palomino mare. I got my current TB through 4th level dressage before he went mysteriously lame on and off for about 2 years. He's been reasonably sound (with maintenance) for the last year, but I haven't managed to show since he's managed to do something to himself just as entries close.

My other furry creature is a calico cat, named for a god of chaos. She is currently making really strange noises somewhere in the house. We live in what realtors call a "Spanish revival bungalow," all 984 glorious square feet of it. I could probably sell it and buy a small farm in other parts of the country.
    The Evil Chem Prof

I am part of the over 30 crowd. Married to a great guy, and the only "children" I have is a dog and a horse (sometimes I will lump my husband in that catagory). We met in Oklahoma, and he took a job up here in Pennsylvania.

I am originally from Canada and made my way one winter for Oklahoma. I looked at a map and decieded it was a lot warmer down there, so packed up some belongings, tools and the dog and away I went.

I am a farrier by trade, but recently became semi retired to take a job that doens't kill me. Someone thought I would be good about managing there inventory. Turns out they were right and I love it. Early morning hours and no weekends, I think I lucked out. I gives me lots of time to ride my horse.

He is an OTTB that I found on the internet. After an exhausting two year search for something that was sound, over 16 hands and had could jump the larger things, I saw him and thought I have nothing to loose. After all some of the horses I looked at knew little more than he did with a much larger price tag.

So now I am a member of the Baby Green support group, and found that it is much easier to deal with the "set backs" when you have other people doing the same thing. Plus I have a great system for OTTB's, and this guy is going to be great. You get to know what you are looking for, and he shows some talant.

After about 25 years of riding all over Ontario and now branching out in the states I am looking forward to showing here. Zone 2 is supposed to be pretty competative, and with the calabar of riders I have seen I will love the challange.

Realized that I kept meaning to do this, but hadn't yet - eek.

My name is Anne, but I'm try desperately to go by Annie - this usually results in people singing, "Tomorrow," at me or long-time friends snickering. Oh well - as long as people stop mistaking m name for, "Man" and I'm happy!

I'm 20 and a junior/senior at USC, going for a double degree in Psych and English. Feel free to make obnoxious comments about fluffy degrees, grad school, or fast-food service here - it doesn't bother me anymore since I happen to like both subjects.

I currently have 3 horses - Kate, the wonder mare who is leased out to the awesome BaileyBff's stable in Myrtle Beach (meaning, my horse has a much better tan than I do), Swift (the Swift horse, Swiffer, or Piff to his friends) a 10yo TB who came off of the track in Feb and has managed to hurt himself daily since then, and my golden boy, William, a 2.5 year old DWB gelding who I've had since he was 9 months old. He's perfect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If, by some odd chance I have free time (my class schedule is kicking my butt right now) I'm either wasting money on eBay, hanging out with my roommates, or watching (personal weekeness time) cheesy teenybopper movies of the Freddie Prinze Jr/Julia Stiles persuasion.

My roommates are celebrity-hounds, so they've been dragging me along with them when they go out. Below is a picture from one of our trips this summer - we went to see the band, The Calling. I'm in the black shirt, making a typical for me face..

-------
    Swift's Injuries: 4 Major, 20 Minor, 9 XRays. Injuries to rider: 6.
    ---------
    Delighted Studios - I\'m not too proud to beg.

I doubt anyone's reading these anymore but if Sara did one I'll have to do one...sigh!

Hi everyone my name is Elizabeth and am currently a freshman at St. Catherine's High School in Richmond, VA. I am 14 years old, but from what I hear most people doubt my age. I have an huge intresest in science and plan to go to Va Tech, Duke, or NCSU and then Med School, at some undetirmed school curently, to become a radiologist. Yes I do have my life planned out for the most part...

I have three horses, Rag (Hansel Rag) a 21 year old Irish TB retiree, Reddy (Melted Fire) a 17 year old American Mutt Childrens Hunter in a tight spot but mostly a trail horse for my mom, and my horse Medzo (Intermedzo Du Clair Logis...er...I mean Intermedzo) He's my super cool 9 y/o Belgiam WB Chld/Adult Jumper, Chld M&S and soon to be BigEq horse...anyone coming to Ocala don't come running when you hear my name!

Also my parents own a 21.5 acre parcel of land in Goochland County, Va. Curently Reddy and Rag's "retirement home" is being finished tomorrow, even though they won't be moving for several years.

The way to find me at horseshows:
    The farm I show at has a collection of Big Mouth Billy Basses.
    My horse has a super cool baby pad with his name in Rainbow THREAD, that's a big fav at Culpeper.
    I sport a CO SJ2000.
    And my horse looks like a typical TB just with a MONGO tail and no will to race and win at any time.

R&R
    "Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn't know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!"
    Now if that isn't a classic!
    E
    Well, I made it back

here I is, fashionably late. I'm in the ever popular early 30's divorced age group, and, although my name is Heidi, I'm the physical antithesis of Canadian Heidi. I de-code and *discover* genes for a living, woo-hoo. Any other molecular biologists/geneticists out there??

Once upon a time, while my parents were the funds, I showed in hunters and jumpers, mostly local stuff. Rode lots of green TB's for my instructor, and had 2 of my own that I miss horribly (one was a victim of old age, the other a victim of college). To avoid inevitable psychiatry bills, my friends found me a free older TB. Since there is no such thing as a free horse, (Murphy's Law), this one is either unflappable, or a total nutjob. Think Mega-TB-Moment. Also, she's pathologically attached to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] But she's sweet as they come, great eye candy, and sound. My goal this winter is to take lessons on her.

I haven't shown in 10+ years, but reading the experiences of other single women and how they support their horses (and vice versa!) has inspired me. I look forward to more time on this BB.

Oh, my username is the title of a song I couldn't get out of my head when I signed up on the BB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm 18, out of highschool, butwill be going to Trinity in Dublin next year for college, while I train with Grainne Sugars and the Bartles from England.
    I started riding when I was 3 on a Welsh pony called Missy. She was REALLY fat, but really sweet. Currently, I own:
    Trudy: an APHA (Paint) black and white mare. She is 18 years old, now retired. She was my barrel horse when I was riding Western.
    Teddy: A 5 yo black Dutch Warmblood gelding, a funny guy for dressage.
    Velvet Breeze (Velvet): Trudy's 2000 filly. She is black and white. She is going to be my trail horse, pony horse, and maybe a barrel horse...if I choose to show Western again.
    I ride dressage, currently 4th level. I am thinking about getting into Hunters now.
    My non-horsey interests are: art, writing, camping, hiking, running, playing violin, dancing...horses [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    No boyfriend and the moment...and I don't want one.
    Nice to meet everyone!
    Rosey
    Oh, if you want to know all of the locations:
    Born in California, currently located in Washington
    \"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.\"
    -Socrates

Well I don't think I have ever properly introduced myself, even when I first came here. I was here when the COTH boards came to existence, never really posted much, and I was under a different user name. So here I am. My name is Nikki and I'm eighteen. I live in Dallas, Texas... actually a suburb more close to Ft Worth near the big airport that even *I* still get lost in.
    Currently I'm at school... I'm a first year student at Louisiana State University. Right now my major is Anthropology but most likely I'm going to change it. I love it here. FREEEEEEDOM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But I do miss my friends, family and pets...
    I have one horse, a black Trakehner mare. She's awesome. Unfortunately, the past few months I've been taking a little hiatus from riding, only riding about once a week, just a light hack. I do miss it... a lot. I also have a jack russell terrier who has so much personality you wouldn't believe it. I also have a Schnauzer and a Siamese cat who I've had for 13 years and probably right this second she is crying and grieving for me... since she misses me so much.

Well I guess that's it... there is a link to my Photopoint page in my profile if you want to see pics.

The LSU game is tonight against Utah State hehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] last Saturday we slaughtered Tulane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

* Fiero *

and to my absolute amazement, found that I DID NOT POST ON IT! Where was I? What was I thinking??

It was really good to go back and 'reaquaint' myself with everybody. People who were new a year ago are now familiar screen names.

Of course, I now know I've gotten Dogschushu and Miniwelsh horribly confused in my head. Possibly I can be excused because I think they're both short, cute, and blonde. Oh well, back to reading....

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Are you going to post about yourself???

I am amazed how people have moved around in such a short time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thank you for posting or I would have never seen this thread!!

My name is Angela and I am an addict. A Caramello addict that is (that's what my co-workers tell me anyway!!) I am also a habitual BB lurker. I ocassionally post, but usually just read. But I am going to try to join the ranks of real BBers!!

I have a coming 7yo (in May) Old/TB cross that wants to be a big eq horse. Unfortunately I am way too old and way too short for the eq divisions!! Oh well, he'll have to cope! I also dabble in breeding occassionally - it's where my heart really is. I live in Lexington, KY and hate it here!! This weather is killing me!! I was in CA for 3+ years and I miss "Sunny and 70" every day!!

Let's see... I have 2 dogs - Kinsella (hence the name) and Milli (Bristol Whippet and Corgi respectively).

And while this topic has returned... What does everyone like OTHER THAN horses? Me - Hockey and Baseball And movies and music...

Life is what happens while you are busy making plans.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Well i'm Claire and take a wild guess...i live in michigan!! Overalley [ that can't be a word but oh well , i'm homeschooled so i can make up words ! ] i like our state pretty well , at least my little corner of it . Not too much snow down in the southeastern corner . My dream is to move to south carolina... its warm there, and pretty too! My then to be rich friend says she's moving there and opening a riding stable , i'll be her trainer then!

Ok enough about the " future " Back to the present . I'm 16 years old , have more responsibility at my job [ that i can have because i'm homeschooled ] then some 20 year olds. I have had my horse , eddie who is a half arab , for about a year and a half now .He's 23 , but a very young 23 year old , and i'm going to do training and 1st level dressage with him this year , but just at schooling shows . Don't really have the $$ for recognized !

If you ever feel like chit chatting to me , my AIm is clairedressage and i love talking to new people !

Forward/softness=0
    \"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.\" -Aristotle

how the times change! LOL Actually I posted that not all that long before I made the big switch!

I guess I will leave up my old post for nostalgic purposes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
    RumoursFollow
    Ten Oaks Farm
    -----------------------------
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

My name is Lindsay, I'm 15 and i live in Stafford, VA. I'm a freshman at Stafford High School. I've been riding since i was 7 (i started at Hazelwild). I'm into dressage/eventing. I'm showing training level dressage, schooling 1st/2nd. I haven't done too much eventing yet, but once my mare gets back into shape, we'll get going again. my trainer is Nicky Vogel. I own 3 horses, Palais is my 8 year old Hanoverian mare. she's chestnut w/ a star and little hind sock. she's about 16.2hh. i bought her from Hilton Farm back in June of 2000. She's schooled prelim fences and shown 2nd level. my first horse was Olympia Dude, a Paint gelding (i was in LOVE w/ paints at the time!). he helped me alot and i learned alot, but i had to sell him b/c he had arthritis. i also have Nikita, a Han/TB/Qh mare. she's 5 and VERY green, but i now have a nice girl leasing her and taking lessons from Nicky and they get along well, so she should get better. she has very nice movement, so i think she could go pretty high w/ the dressage. she's also 15.2hh, so she's little!

then there's Toppers.....what can i say about my little man? i love him to death. he's a 10 year old Mini gelding. he was technically my "first horse". he's 30 inches tall, red dun in color. he tries his heart out for me all the time, 100%. if he doesn't think he can do a jump, he'll "tell" me, "mom, i don't think i can do this". he also drives, and i'm gonna have a few lessons w/ Nicky to teach him some basic lateral work. he already knows the turn on the forehand pretty well. he never gets scared of any jump or anything.

hmmm.....what else? i'm really big into photography and corie (obiliviousjumper87) are best friends. we've been to the Festival of Champions, Dressage @ Devon, and Fair Hill together to take pics and had a blast. (you may have seen me hundreds of pics i post! haha!) i use a digital camera. we're finally going to Rolex this year also! i'm soooooo excited! corie does jumpers and we'll be at every Culpeper show this year! Corie and I also have our unofficial company, CorLin PROductions. We're excited to get that started and some day, we want to own our own place and train and show horses and have the photogrpahy business on the side.

some more stuff about me.....I collect Breyer model horses and have about 250. i am a nut about horse books and videos. i've been getting alot of those lately! i'm also in the backstreet boys (shut up! i know what you're thinking! lol), 98*, westlife, the calling, and Lifehouse absolutely rocks!

i'm extremely excited b/c we found a small farm and we'll hopefully be moving right after Rolex. i'll try to keep everyone updated on our progress and all.

well, that's about all there is to me. if you wanna know more, please post or IM me @ piaffeprincess98. (hah, like anyone would be interested! lol).

~*Lindsay*~
    A proud co-owner of CorLin PRO-ductions. Watch out horseworld, here we come!
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

here's my greenie Nikita w/ Corie riding her.

~*Lindsay*~
    Lindsay

not like you all haven't seen these pics a million times.....but here's Palais at a Morven Park schooling show.

~*Lindsay*~
    Lindsay