The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Magic Cocktail and Smooth Kalua are on their way to Vermont! (I took pictures of Smooth Kalua on Sat and the woman who bought MC also looked at SK and bought him too. I'll put Smooth Kalua's pics up in the sold thread so you can see him.)

Yippee for Magic Cocktail

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Congrats to Cocktail and Kahlua!

Now, can anyone tell me why no one's jumped on Jethro? What is wrong with him that no one has snatched him up already?
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

I just wanted to add in about my Finerlakes finest from last year. I board Just Plan Partners aka Penny at Commander Codys barn, where many FLF find a good home. I have brought her to 3 shows and shes getting so much better. She first showed at 2'3" an.d went away with 4ths and 5ths. We then showed another one at 2'6" and came away with 2nd and 3rds . She is becoming quite the pro picking up the right leads but have to work on between jumps a lil more. Were looking forward to the next show. I couldnt ask for anything better!
    Commander Cody brought Stacking the Deck aka Deckster home this year. I have gotten to ride him a few times and mannn if i could afford another. First he is gorgeous with his loonnggg legs. He is also one of the most comfortable horses i have ever ridden. His canter is rocking horse like. Ughhh hes going to make a nice horse. He does flying lead changes on his own like a pro! Deckster is also quite the character as im sure you have seen his "ball" video.

Keep up taking those FLF home!!!
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Default Mixed drinks

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    Magic Cocktail and Smooth Kalua are on their way to Vermont! (I took pictures of Smooth Kalua on Sat and the woman who bought MC also looked at SK and bought him too. I'll put Smooth Kalua's pics up in the sold thread so you can see him.)

Yippee for Magic Cocktail
    That's great; what a pair to have in a trailer! I think I remember Smooth Kahlua from last year's listings? I remember watching a few of his race replays and, occasionally, he ran in a group that included Personal Spender and... Jello Shot... quite a year for Bar names...

FF

Pictures and videos are up of Saturday's horses. Please be patient with us as we struggle to keep up. The write ups are one liners for the moment but contact info is there and prices too. They should sell fast. I had my trailer at the track on Monday and it was fatigue alone that prevented me from putting one of them in my trailer. I'm not saying who it is...

We've been snowed and will be playing catch up the rest of the week. My friend who bought Magic and Smooth K found two more (sorry no pics) and on Monday another friend bought Island Mist.

Also, our group decided that we needed to act now for a horse who needed rehab and a place to go immediately so we took a 5 year old mare as our first FLF project. Our nonprofit status is about 3 months away, but sometimes you have to put details like that aside and do what's best for the horse. We call her Susie Q (and Susie Sunshine, Susie Sweetheart, Susie Giraffe, etc) and we have been chronicling her progress on our facebook page. She's at my farm and so I have the great pleasure of being greeted by her nicker every morning

So that's the news from here. I'm sure it won't be long before we have more.

Whats the facebook page link? I have tried unsuccessfully to find it.

I feel bad for gopacgo..the poor filly who coliced after being listed, I loved her head.

I have my eye on one of the girls and there is another who was scratched last week that I keep waiting to see listed, fingers are crossed.

I have Pure Business from last years listings at home. Plan was to breed her but she is a true redheaded mare so is being retrained instead. She is a handful and would rather walk on 2 legs than 4 most of the time.

What a pedigree on Western Deed! Too bad he's not a mare!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123456 View Post
    Whats the facebook page link? I have tried unsuccessfully to find it.

please....

thank you very much.

More detailed write ups are now posted for the latest batch.

We have six former FLF's in the barn and they are all amazing at what they do. Some are baby-sitters for adults that took up riding in middle age (even fresh off of the track) and others are show horses for re-riders, kids, and adults. All are superior trail horses. Get yourself to the horse mall!
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Hooray for Jethro! It looks like he went to a great home!
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Looks like A.P. Light is going to join FLF Parker (Fly the North Wind) at my house. I'm super excited; she's a lovely mare!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Default Two more - going fast

There are two new gentlemen added. One almost black with a great pedigree - for those of you with a fear of too much Mr. P - Tree Surgeon has none.

If someone is waiting for a uber-handsome bay - there is one of those as well. Magical Devotion sounds like my kind of guy based on his description.

Tall, dark and handsome = don't last long. Buffalo Colleen said that both boys were well worth braving the storm for.

Glad to hear about AP Indy - I really admired her photos. Please keep us posted as to what her future plans are.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Wow, they are both very handsome! AP Light will by my trail riding and lower level dressage horse and next spring she'll be bred for a sporthorse foal. Now the fun of deciding on the baby daddy!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Debbie, that is awesome news! I was the volunteer that took her photos and write up that day and I was very impressed with her! She was such a good girl and she had personality to spare...and like I said in her description it only took a few moments for her to discover my peppermint stash and ask for treats in a most ladylike fashion! I believe you will really enjoy her...
    Proud FLF Thoroughbreds Volunteer Since 2006
    Please visit our website www.fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

What great news about AP Light! Congrats on getting such a lovely mare.
    As the one who endured getting soaked in a much needed thunderstorm last weekend to take the two newest listings, I just have to say that Tree Surgeon and Magical Devotion are both stunning, very fine horses who were well worth getting drenched for. These sound, beautiful and intelligent, athletic guys are two of the finest sport prospects I have personally listed. So don't wait long-- as you can see from AP Light's quick happy landing, so many of the wonderful FL Finests we are listing this year are quickly finding new homes!

Both of those new boys are so handsome, but Magical Devotion? *thud* I love him. If *only* a horse was in the cards at this time. I hope to hear soon where these gorgeous guys go next to the loving homes they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Wow, they are both very handsome! AP Light will by my trail riding and lower level dressage horse and next spring she'll be bred for a sporthorse foal. Now the fun of deciding on the baby daddy!
    When I saw her pictures I thought how nice it would be to breed a mare like her. So glad you're taking her and it will be exciting to see her foal in a few years!

NorCal, SoCal, Hamptons, Grand Rapids, MI, soon to be Boston

Still in love with Florida's Quaker. Still want her. Still keeping my fingers crossed.