The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Jingling for Dance Cocoa... I am very worried when you say she has to go by Friday... does not sound like she would go to a good place. Jingling.
    I saw on the FLF facebook page that she is being taken in by FLTAP. So she's got a little reprieve, hopefully she can find someone just perfect.

But another sweet mare who needs to be gone is my girl, Desert Doctor, doesn't anyone like her but me?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CharingHounds View Post
    One might consider him a double unicorn, because he has 2 little "horns" on his forehead - I kid you not! Surely that makes him "magical" (lol).
    "Horns" is a real thing horses can get. There is some fancy name for it but it's not coming to me at the moment. I knew of a thoroughbred mare who had them, mind you she was a terrible weaver, and the vets always said that the bony protuberances can be caused when the skull is forming or by the horse repeatedly wacking its head in the same place, eventually resulting in calcification of the repeatedly injured tissue. I'm sure yours is just how the skull formed though
    Last edited by Shannon.Ryan18; Dec. 11, 2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Must learn to proofread better...*sigh*
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon.Ryan18 View Post
    "Horns" is a real thing horses can get. There is some fancy name for it but it's not coming to me at the moment. I knew of a thoroughbred mare who had them, mind you she was a terrible weaver, and the vets always said that the bony protuberances can be caused when the skull is forming or by the horse repeatedly wacking its head in the same place, eventually resulting in calcification of the repeatedly injured tissue. I'm sure yours is just how the skull formed though
    I wonder - how/why he has them. They are small but obvious enough to see if you're looking for them and definitely easy to feel. But they're very evenly situated, one on either side of his forehead, a bit closer to the ears than the eyes - as if he began to form horns at birth then realized "wait a minute - I'm a horse!?!"...

Lexie,
    Congratulations on your new stunning handsome hunk of horse! When you finally get to see New York New York in person you are going to be soooo impressed! Best wishes for safe travels, and we hope he turns out to be everything you have been dreaming of.

And count me with Heliodoro in the Desert Doctor fan club --she is a very nice looking mare, and is going to make a much better sport horse than racehorse. Jingling for someone to step up for her!
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

ok, my jingles now go to Desert Doctor. It seems to work...

I LOVE Desert Doctor. She and AP Light, who I bought back in July, would make a lovely pair of dark bay beauties. Alas, I can't afford to buy and ship her. If anyone needs enabling, AP Light has turned into a total puppy dog who lives to be loved on and worked with. She's fast becoming one of my all time favorites.
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Default Aww shucks

Thanks Lexie and Maunder! It is entirely my pleasure to help where and when I can. I give full credit to my fellow volunteers who have been amazingly productive this year, taking the website to a new level of awesome!

Yes, Dance Cocoa Dance is in a safe place. Phew.

I'm closing in on geezerhood and not much of a social networker, but I have to admit that Facebook and such has made a HUGE difference in our visibility.

Jingling now for Desert Doctor and Round Not Sleek!

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    Ahh, this urgent time of year, tugs at the heart for sure. But many many happy landings are happening too. We just heard about one more: thanks to our frantic networking and the huge FB network of one of our new volunteers, Led Advantage found a home this afternoon! This mare has been one of my personal faves ever since I first listed her last summer and the pleas from the assistant trainer that she was running out of time were tearing my heart out.
    Thanks, great COTH networkers and enablers!
    I went to check out the website this morning, and Led Advantage is still listed. If her connection fell through, I am EXTREMELY interested in her. I love,love,love the Copelan bloodline. If something falls through and she needs a home, I'll take her on the first van south I can find. Thanks!
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

Realrush - We received confirmation that Led Advantage did find a home and has settled in. I have moved her over to placed and hope you find someone else to put on a van heading south. Thanks so much!
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Thanks, Rhymes. Hope she got a good home. I'll definitely keep an eye on future postings!
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

I just wanted to update everyone on Bella or Genuine Offer. She is now being boarded at my trainer's farm in Linwood, NY (south of Rochester), she is still for sale!

I saw her under saddle yesterday and she's a pretty fancy little mare, a little up since she raced last week and hasn't done much in the interim. She popped over a few small fences very nicely. After the ride, we let her loose without tack in the indoor and she just cantered round and round! Bella even decided to jump by herself twice showing lovely form and a nice balanced canter. She's got a nice stall and some turnout to relax in for now.

Still jingling for little Desert Doctor! 6 months from now I might be able to take her in at our new place, a little incentive to get that fencing up ASAP...

First Crack arrived home her in MD today . The shipper said she was perfect and she unloaded and went into the barn and started searching for some grain.... She has n't had turnout for over 18 months , so she'll get to go in the round pen tomorrow!

Just FYI, we have a shipper going from michigan/ohio to NC at the end of this week if it helps anyone.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Default First Crack

Congratulations Elizabeth. Her owner, Nancy, loved your mare and wants nothing more than a wonderful new home for her. Please do keep us updated on her progress on the other FLF thread.

I thought First Crack was a nice animal. Looking forward to updates.

Two items of new home good news today! Great Privilege has found a nice home, where he has a lovely family to dote on him and he gets to hang out with their two paint horses.
    And Cool Mountain shipped today to Akindale TB Rescue, where his breeder, Pin Oak Stud, has agreed to sponsor him in their retraining and adoption program. The loyalty and caring for the horses they breed is wonderful and heartwarming-- we wish all TB breeders were this conscientious.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

New York New York arrived at his new home today in GA. He is a really sweet and sensible young horse. He went right into his stall and starting eating hay while taking in the new sights and sounds. Can't wait to go see him again tomorrow!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexieOTTB View Post
    New York New York arrived at his new home today in GA. He is a really sweet and sensible young horse. He went right into his stall and starting eating hay while taking in the new sights and sounds. Can't wait to go see him again tomorrow!
    Congrats LexieOTTB! Gotta love that feeling of "can't wait 'til tomorrow": like Xmas eve but you can enjoy the feeling every day.

FF

Although the track is closed horses are still available. Ostin's Miracle is now on a farm just a few minutes from the track and his price has been reduced to $2000. His owners are motivated to sell him so give Dorothy a call if he interests you. At this farm you may hop on him and take a little ride!

I don't dare ask about Desert Doctor?