The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by foundationmare View Post
    Bumping also for Mt. Karakorum. His groom loves him so much that she BOUGHT him for heaven's sake to keep him safe, and I bet that's not an easy thing to do on a groom's salary! He's sound. The PPE has been done. Anyone???
    Where do we see he had a PPE done???

I have emailed Krystal and she hasn't mentioned this.

**Edited to add, she replied to my email and said he has not had a ppe done. **

Em
    Last edited by Xctrygirl; Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plainbay22 View Post
    I've had my eye on her. Anyone know what her temperament is like apart from not liking track life? She looks kind, athletic and is well bred.
    Yes, I can give you her history since last winter. She had last winter off and once she started training for racing she was a good ride on the farm. She became increasingly nervous once she got to the track. Her trainer says she's very nervous at the track for handling and riding but she is not a dangerous ride. Also, they feel she can handle sporthorse training and fitness, and believe it is not the conditioning that makes her nervous but the track environment. If she were coming home with me she'd live in an outshed!

She's very athletically made and light on her feet. I think she'd be like riding a cat, a nice cat.

Quote Originally Posted by LexieOTTB View Post
    Is Teahupoo still available?

Another one I have been drooling over.

Bumping also for Mt. Karakorum. His groom loves him so much that she BOUGHT him for heaven's sake to keep him safe, and I bet that's not an easy thing to do on a groom's salary! He's sound. The PPE has been done. Anyone???

Couple pieces of facts here...

While she indeed may be keeping him safe, she did let him run yesterday. So not like she stopped him from running under the old ownership and trainer, as would be implied.

Yukon Gold Rush also ran in that race yesterday.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...120612USA2.pdf

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Couple pieces of facts here...

While she indeed may be keeping him safe, she did let him run yesterday. So not like she stopped him from running under the old ownership and trainer, as would be implied.

Yukon Gold Rush also ran in that race yesterday.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...120612USA2.pdf

Emily
    Krystal told me that the condition set by the trainer for her buying him was that she had to agree to let the horse have one more race -- and since he is her employer, and he controlled the papers, she really had no choice but to accept this condition. Finger Lakes sets a "starts per stall" quota that trainers have to meet in order to get as many -- or any -- stalls the next season, so when they have sound ones that they can get another race out of, they do it.

Thanks, everybody, for your plugs for the still available horses, especially the mares! There have been more "gelding only" shoppers this season, and some absolutely gorgeous, sweet, great moving mares are still hanging around as a result.

And this morning I got a message from the very happy new owner of Cherokee John -- he shipped home with her today to go start a new career as a H/J show horse. Hooray -- what a way to start the day!

And then the trainer called to tell me that Grand Rapture and WynotSiyue had found homes, and to thank us. Wow, this day is getting better and better.
    And tomorrow morning I get to help load Fearless Buzz and Barbarules onto my friend's trailer to go to their new home. Happy dancin' for sure.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

3 members found this post helpful.

OK so for the folks that know this stuff...

Is a PPE exam up there really $150 per xray???

Krystal told me that and I am still gasping. We don't even cost that much here in chester county.

Emily

I just asked my DIL who is a trainer here and she confirmed $150/joint.

Default Lexie

This new COTH format is not very friendly with my PMs. I get a banner over the entire thing. Please send your inquiry to me at Marjorie.Linn@flhealth.org. I'll be happy to answer any and all questions.

Foundation Mare...

ok there seems to be a misunderstanding of terms. Is it $150 for all views of a joint? Or just $150 per a single view?

Thanks in advance.

Emily

It is impossible to not be rooting for each and every horse that is listed on our site or the proboards site. They are all amazing and deserving.

Some that spring to mind are the true older warhorse, Whose Living Bettor (big beautiful bay with chrome!)
    Sigh...If I didn't live across the country from him and shipping wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd bring Whose Living Bettor home in an instant. He's gorgeous and sounds so lovely, and I have a huge soft spot for the old warhorses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Foundation Mare...

ok there seems to be a misunderstanding of terms. Is it $150 for all views of a joint? Or just $150 per a single view?

Thanks in advance.

Emily
    There are 2 clinics up there that do PPE but the one I used it ws the former.

FoundationMare,
    I just sent you an email, thanks.

Did anyone step up for Western Deed?

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    Did anyone step up for Western Deed?
    On Wednesday morning when I was at the track I ran into Ralph D'Alessandro, Western Deed's owner/trainer, and he told me the horse had found a home. I asked where, and he said somewhere in South Carolina. No further information.
    But Ralph also told me that he urgently needs to find a home for Desert Doctor and the price has dropped to $500-- very good looking, nice moving, sweet and quiet 4 yo dark bay filly, on pro-boards:
    http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=710
    Just not panning out as a race horse, has not broken her maiden, and as he says, even if she eventually does, then what. And his farm is just too full with better racing prospects and his broodies and babies to overwinter her. So she really needs to go. Spread the word!

Ahh, this urgent time of year, tugs at the heart for sure. But many many happy landings are happening too. We just heard about one more: thanks to our frantic networking and the huge FB network of one of our new volunteers, Led Advantage found a home this afternoon! This mare has been one of my personal faves ever since I first listed her last summer and the pleas from the assistant trainer that she was running out of time were tearing my heart out.
    Thanks, great COTH networkers and enablers!
    Find us on Facebook:

Default Yukon

I wanted everyone to know that Yukon arrived at his new digs last night. He is a wonderful horse. I am happy to say that he will move on to a career that not many horses do at this time from the racetrack. I wanted to say that you to Suzanne. The van company I used was the best!!! I can post the information if any one is interested. I was a bit shocked that a horse I was getting happened to be in the entries. Well, he is sane and sound.

Thank you Suzanne..

As I had been trying to figure out how to hide my choc lab at the stabling gate , Christine called me and said they weren't allowing trailers in. So she led Cherokee John out to where we were parked, up into the trailer and off we went! I really didn't get a good look at my boy til I got home. Anyways, was the trailer ban because of all the pro shippers or something??

Hooray for Yukon's safe arrival! Police horses get so many pats from the admiring public, and we know Yukon will eat it up and bask in the glory of his important new job and of the memory of the fallen hero he will be named after.

Yes, please do post the info about the shipping company. We are getting many requests for shipping recommendations!
    Find us on Facebook:

Ok, how bout Panamanian Playboy anybody...looks kind and generous to me!

Sew Your Notes is still waiting for that specail someone...I know, I am a total nag.