The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

What BNO said

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    The lovely Volos is settling in on the farm in MD. Many thanks to his trainer and Suzanne for hooking us up originally. Volos is kind, classy and should be a great addition to our family. He will spend the winter off regrouping his ankles and then we will go from there.
    I am just ecstatic to know that Volos went to such a good home! I took his listing earlier this summer and thought he was such an elegant classy and wise soul, and gushed accordingly when I did his write up. If ever a horse deserved such a great landing, it is a hard knocking racehorse like Volos wo won so many races and gave his all every time. You will have lots of fun with him!
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

2 members found this post helpful.

I am hoping that the right front ankle heals up well enough for me to ride him, if not, I do a small private program that is once a month with adults with developmental disabilities. It is a non riding program where they lead, brush, etc to help with gross motor skills and self esteem. My long time horse for this program ufortunately is going to have to be euthanised in the near future as his knee is finally giving out. Volos LOVES people so much and is so quiet he may be a good fit. Anyway, he has a good home and that is what counts.

buffalo colleen I sent you a PM

Default Time is running out!

We found more horses to list yesterday and visited some who have been up for a while, some of whom I was meeting for the first time.

Two very nice mares, Led Advantage and Katelyn Ann, are really, really in need of homes. They are night and day but special in their own ways. One buyer, an eventer, was quite taken with Led Advantage, for good reason. Katelyn Ann has a lovely head and adorable face and she has very nice movement. The trainer will probably be negotiable on price.

The beautiful warhorse, Whose Livin Bettor, is entered to run tomorrow. At 11 y.o. this guy shouldn't be dismissed because of his age. He is a big, flashy boy who I am certain will be a grateful mount for years to come.

We have some colts available even after moving two of them recently. Buyers took Tindaro's Prospect and Maggie's Prince (a colt) home to Ohio. I am good for $50 towards the gelding of Merlin Circle for anyone who steps up for this sweet, sweet boy.

Be aware, too, that the local shippers are making a lot of runs to the south, to the east and places in between.

Shop now and shop often!

As "foundationmare" indicated, we have just started our own "gelding incentive program" -- our board members and volunteers have offered to step up to contribute towards the cost of gelding if a certifiably good home takes one of the still intact guys on the FLF trainer listingsl. Since we helped Maggie's Prince get a wonderful home yesterday-- and gave his new people a contribution towards his "procedure"--, and also learned that Mr. Magenta also found a good home this week, that leaves two stallions in need on our listings: Merlin's Circle and Concorde's Dancer. Both are really quiet, polite, sweet, and utterly non-studdish.

Yesterday was one of those amazing, heart wrenching and ultimately wonderful days at the track. In between getting several new listings we showed three groups of buyers around. As a result, Tindaro's Prospect, Maggie's Prince, and My Milennium Breeze all got onto trailers and went off to really wonderful homes. Our fingers are crossed that the other shopper will pick one of the several she looked at very soon. And at least two more shoppers are there today, so we are hoping to shout out more good news soon.
    We also got many updates and had many great chats with trainers. Here Comes Foxy, Mama Gina, and Runthruthewoods all found good homes. That leaves just Bad Neighbor of the wonderful Ubbinks' horses who still needs to find his person. Pure Grit quickly found a new home once we announced that he was now a gelding. Havana Girl was placed as a broodmare prospect. Relatively Ready and Lor's Missy are at an OTTB adoption program in PA, and Kathy Mastin seemed very happy about it. Thunder Roaring ran well this week, so her owner has decided to keep her and try racing her again next year. Same owner also decided to hang on to Mizz's Midas Touch and race her as a 3 yo, and she is now relaxing and finishing growing up on his farm.
    And the stunning You Jump I Jump had a buyer at the full asking price, who had him vetted, he passed the PPE with flying colors, and as the transaction was being finalized the trainers' daughter just got so upset about parting with her beloved horse that her parents relented and turned down the money and said she could keep him -- at least for a while longer. So we watched as he was loaded yesterday onto their trailer to go to their farm for the winter. He is safe and sound and loved.
    We wish the same for all the Finests.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

So, so, SO happy about Relatively Ready!! His trainer really wanted something good for him.

Yay for all the FLFs that have found homes and, of course, hats off to all of you working on the horses behalf!!!

I would also like to put in a word for Sew Your Notes..she is listed on SEPowells listing..She is a 16h dark bay filly that is well bred and athletic, she hates track life and only has 12 starts total. She needs a home as soon as possible, and I believe the price is highly negotiable. She has a great eye and needs a career swtich.

Thanks, Tradewind for the plug for Sew Your Notes. Better with Butter is ready to retire too and is a MD bred and a southern lady. I really like her and can see her as a pony club horse.

As you know, many horses are already in their new homes and their owners are sending out great progress reports. Perfect Velocity, Brolio and One Classy Lady are already learning the basic skills for eventing, including a bit of jumping. Cherokee Rich and Tinian get together sometimes for rides, and I don't think there has ever been a horse more loved than Cherokee Rich. Behracuda sends in happy handsome pictures on a regular basis, TG Hero is in work and progressing and Nicoletti has filled out, looking more handsome than ever and is now cantering politely.
    I still have Susie Q or Cantstoplovingsue, the mare who was in bad shape and needed a home pronto earlier this summer. She looks beautiful but will be in rehab for 4 more months before she can be turned out. Her suspensory injury was much worse than anything I've ever delt with, plus she had injuries in two other legs. The good news is she looks stunning now and we have a walking schedule that she loves. I've grown to love this mare and I'm determined to get her sound enough so that she'll survive a gallop around the pasture without falling apart.

My friend Jessica Curan took in a nice Finger Lakes mare named Wheely Pink when her trainer needed someone to take her within a week. Jessica is the same great person who took Cowboy last year when he ended up at the low end auction. If you missed Cowboy's before and after pictures see if you can find them on facebook. She did a fantastic job with him, showing what an excellent horsewoman she is.

I just brought home Raytessa and will give him 4 months off before beginning his training. He's already had two months off but I like them to have at least 6 if they've raced as hard as he has. I finally got to see him trot! And boy is he a lovely mover and an athlete!

I also have Milc Kids here. She's still for sale and I'll be managing her sale. I've already ridden her and she's lovely and an excellent worker. She's had the whole fall off so she's ready to go. The good thing about selling her from here is prospective buyers can ride her.

Tomorrow some friends are meeting me at the track to shop so maybe another will be headed for home soon.

There are still great horses on both lists and at FLTAP so don't hold back! After all, t'is the season

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    And the stunning You Jump I Jump had a buyer at the full asking price, who had him vetted, he passed the PPE with flying colors, and as the transaction was being finalized the trainers' daughter just got so upset about parting with her beloved horse that her parents relented and turned down the money and said she could keep him -- at least for a while longer.
    Wow, while I am happy that YJIJ will be OK, I hope that the buyer didn't get completely turned off buying a horse off the track by her disappointing experience... did YJIJ's owners at least reimburse the cost of the PPE?

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Tux61096 View Post
    So, so, SO happy about Relatively Ready!! His trainer really wanted something good for him.
    Me too!! *happy dance* Now doesn't a COTHer want to go get him so I can live vicariously and have updates? I hope he has his own person soon.

Anyone need enabling? Here's hoping as many Finests as possible have new homes for Christmas!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Another shameless bump for Sew Your Notes. The family that trains her is so nice and they simply can not afford to board her over the winter. She is young, athletic with only 12 starts. The trainer told me the price is very very negoatiable.

Did a Coth person get Mor Chances?

No

edited to add that I was in such a hurry yesterday no is all I had time to write. Mor Chances got a good home in western NY.

Lots going on at FL. Please check out the new horses I got yesterday. Fearless Buzz, Yukon G. and Big Fearless need homes asap.

Also, please have your horses vetted.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some pendings... don't want to jinx anything
    Last edited by SEPowell; Dec. 4, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

I noticed that there are a few last minute listings up on SEPowell's site, two nice chestnuts. Reasonable prices, go check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    I noticed that there are a few last minute listings up on SEPowell's site, two nice chestnuts. Reasonable prices, go check them out.
    Do you mean their youtube channel?

I can't help but look...I wish I was in a position to buy one of these guys!

Cherokee John caught my eye...I think with some more weight and a letdown off the horsey crack, he'd be a gorgeous sporthorse....and at $1k, if he passes a PPE, he's a steal!

I really like Big Fearless. To bad I just relocated and haven't been able to find a barn. I love my OTTB - he is currently leased and I miss him terribly! Maybe Santa will be good to me this year; find me a barn and plop Big in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Do you mean their youtube channel?
    No, the horses are on Facebook and also on the website in my sig line. Two are super urgent, Yukon Goldrush and Fearless Buzz. I'm the contact person for both horses so please, if you can, help me network them. They are really good citizens and both deserve great soft landings.

Also Big Fearless needs a home asap.

Cherokee John is so cute and athletic I could hardly stand not to buy him. He just makes 15.3 but should fill out a bit. He has the cutest character and I think will be a good competitive partner.

And would somebody please please give Dazzling Derek a home?? He loves to work and be important. Jackie rode him and said he was great. He's been a favorite of mine for three years and although I'll be sad to see him leave finger lakes, knowing he is loved and important in a new life is worth seeing him go.

Thanks so much to all of you who follow these horses. Now is crunch time!

For all of you that were drooling over Volos,, go check out the pics of Yukon Gold Rush, same kind eye and he has a beautiful build. He is walking completely relaxed just like Volos in his video....Someone really should step up for this boy, I would wager to say you will not regret it.