The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    So what you're saying is you get one tall, handsome OTTB, PPE already done and included? I'm going to go ahead and suggest that whoever brings him home should probably go ahead and bring home a second. You know, one for you, one for your SO, friends, etc. Or both for you! That's quite a deal!

Who needs enabling? He seems like a sweet guy.
    COTH is so dangerous. "While you're there, pick up another!"

Someone get him because he is quite cute and I would end up being one of those "what the heck were they thinking?!?!" horror stories if I got an OTTB right off the track. Save me from temptation!

Perhaps a bit more information if there is any? If being an upper level eventer is out, does that mean no jumping at all ever, or just not the stress of being really competitive?

Default Re: Request for more info on Liberty's Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by kdow View Post
    COTH is so dangerous. "While you're there, pick up another!"

Someone get him because he is quite cute and I would end up being one of those "what the heck were they thinking?!?!" horror stories if I got an OTTB right off the track. Save me from temptation!

Perhaps a bit more information if there is any? If being an upper level eventer is out, does that mean no jumping at all ever, or just not the stress of being really competitive?
    If you are indeed seriously interested, PM me and I will give you the contact information for the vet who examined him so you can get her opinion directly, and ask any questions you would like. She told me she thought pleasure and trail riding would be best because she did not want to risk the knees becoming completely shot from jumping. She -- and I -- prefer to see Liberty go to a new life where he can be comfortable and useful for a long time. Now, does that mean you should never jump him over logs and other things one finds on trails? I doubt it.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    If you are indeed seriously interested, PM me and I will give you the contact information for the vet who examined him so you can get her opinion directly, and ask any questions you would like.
    I would like to be more serious than I feel like I responsibly can be - I don't have finances quite in order yet, particularly for an OTTB right off the track who is likely to need a bunch of pro training quite soon to get restarted. (I know enough to know that I absolutely have no business trying to do that kind of thing myself.)

So no one feel like you're stepping on my toes or anything if you are interested in him, as seems to sometimes happen.

Knee chips and jumping are usually not a good combination, more so if there are multiple chips. That does not mean though that the occasional log on a trail etc is not possible, or this horse could do really well as a pleasure, low level dressage horse etc..Not everyone wants to jump. Since a PPE is already done, give the vet a call and she will give you the details. If the horse has a good disposition etc, someone should give him a chance. When I worked for a large non profit we had many horses successfully adopted out to pleasure homes with knee chips...

Any updates on this guy? Has anyone been to look or scoop him up yet? Wish he was closer I could probably give him a soft place to land but am in PA. I wonder if he is a surgical candidate for his chips?

Default Old Photos...possible enabling?

So I figured I'd look through old photos I've taken and match up dates/times with race records to see if I inadvertently took pics of any of the newly listed horses. The only one I managed to get was Bwana Be Bad from May 17, 2012. Enjoy

Bwana Be Bad - Number 8!
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Oops, I lied. I have one of Communicator from the backside of the track as well! But my camera focused on the rail instead (fail)

Communicator - 1A
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Relatively Ready is listed again. Literally the horse of my dreams and all I can do is drool from afar

Ok sorry. Mini pity party over-someone go scoop him up because he is one good looking guy! Or I'd be happy to give someone my address if they'd like to have him delivered here

And there are some other serious hunks listed with both organizations. I'm not sure what it is about that track, but there seems to be a concentration of high quality horses every. single. week.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Default Relatively Ready

He is indeed listed again! And he is as elegant, kind and classy as ever. And his wonderfully caring owner/trainer is very anxious to find him a good home; this horse is telling her he is just done with racing.
    I love this horse and have visited with him often this summer. He really deserves a great home! Come on Sparky -- we have to make your dream come true!
    Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Any updates on this guy? Has anyone been to look or scoop him up yet? Wish he was closer I could probably give him a soft place to land but am in PA. I wonder if he is a surgical candidate for his chips?
    Yeah, any takers? he's just a young one too, poor fella. I have my hobby farm for sale, with an offer in on another farm with more pasture.....if that would all go through I could offer a soft landing, but not by the deadline.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Pennyannie Cowgirl listed on the Fingerlakes Trainers Lising is a beautiful mare. Worth checking out I think.

Hi All Just checking in during a busy time.

The person who bought T G Hero is the first person who asked me about him so if you see a horse you like, please don't wait, just go for it. I think I posted Hero on Mon night or Tues am and his new owner was at the track by that Thursday! The deal was not sealed until after Hero's trainer checked her out, but he did go to the first person who showed up.

If you're a mare person this is your moment to buy. And if you're a gelding person, your moment has been extended... there are some incredibly athletic looking mares and geldings waiting to learn to play new games.

Must go call the hay man, out to the barn, to the garden (only four plants, that's an easy one) etc. etc. and then back to Finger Lakes!

I wonder what Baracuda's real name and breeding are? Equineline doesn't have a Baracuda younger than a 12 year old mare or a matching Barracuda, either. But he is lovely!
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Bump up for Liberty. Here's hoping he gets a soft landing!

As far as Relatively Ready is concerned, I'll see what I can do. I can think of several reasons that we should not add a horse to our family right now, but I can always think of several reasons. I think at some point I'm going to have to be willing to take the leap and just make it work. The trick is getting DH to buy into that philosophy. While he is very supportive of my love of horses, he's not too keen on the financial commitment. I'm betting explaining shipping and that he lives in NY will be large hurdles, but it's certainly worth a shot. Won't know if I don't ask!

Until that miracle occurs, anyone else is certainly encouraged to go scoop him up and post updates so I can live vicariously. He just oozes class to me! I bet he'll be lots of fun in his next career.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouch View Post
    I wonder what Baracuda's real name and breeding are? Equineline doesn't have a Baracuda younger than a 12 year old mare or a matching Barracuda, either. But he is lovely!
    He's a Behrens son, so it's Behracuda.
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/behracuda

I remember him from my days at the track. Gorgeous animal, great owner/trainer.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

We just saw relitively ready race on Tuesday
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    He's a Behrens son, so it's Behracuda.
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/behracuda

I remember him from my days at the track. Gorgeous animal, great owner/trainer.
    Thank you. And just to add to that, Behrens is by Pleasant Colony who is always nice to have this close. What a nice horse.

Default Little LillyTee

I was wondering if anyone has come across a mare named Little Lily Tee? I hope she is ok. . . I own her sister, she was sold off the track in Texas and was supposed to go to Ohio.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer55 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has come across a mare named Little Lily Tee? I hope she is ok. . . I own her sister, she was sold off the track in Texas and was supposed to go to Ohio.
    There's a Lil Lady Tee (Texas bred) racing in Ohio
    http://http://equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=8175231&registry=T

According to equibase, she hasn't raced since early April, with no recent workouts -- which probably means she isn't on the track anymore. You should try contacting the last listed trainer. It might also be worth it to check with CANTER for the Ohio tracks, to find out if the mare was listed with them earlier this year.
    Find us on Facebook: