The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

She still may be available, give her trainer a call!
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

A wonderful and busy day at the track yesterday! Two Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing volunteers were there to take listings, and we also showed two groups of serious buyers around. One of those buyers had come with trailer and cash in hand, and she snapped up a horse we had just photographed, so he will never go up on the listings. A stunning big chestnut with a gorgeous head, soulful eye, and tons of personality. The lucky Zen Village -- and the lucky Commander Cody who once again stepped up for a Finest! Hooray for all! Just goes to show you -- you had better come to the track with us if you want to get the scoop, and be prepared to fall in love.
    The new group of horses are already previewed on our facebook page, and will be up on the website as soon as possible. http://www.facebook.com/fingerlakesf...oroughbredsinc.

They are a very fine and particularly beautiful group, and many have excellent athletic potential: Evil's Brother, Liberty's Thunder, Connect with Traz, TG Hero, Mineshaft Tavern, and Helluvanote. More info to come!
    We also got new photos of King's Fez, who the other shoppers greatly admired and agreed he has upper level event potential. These event riders also really liked Evil's Brother, and were equally smitten by Tinian Island. They will have a hard choice! So many wonderful prospects among the Finests at Finger Lakes.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds: The Trainer Listing Service
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/fingerlakesf...oroughbredsinc.

Just got done looking at the Finger Lakes Trainers List...some awesome new horses listed..Wonderful horses with tons of appeal. Cant wait to get up there and take a look for myself. Seems to me there are many many horses with tons of potential available this year. So nice to see so many people working so hard to help the horses find fabulous careers after the track.

Any chance anyone is making a trip from Finger Lakes to anywhere close to western MA in the near future? I have my eye on a horse, but can't get up there for a few weeks.
    If riding were all blue ribbons and bright lights, I would have quit long ago.
    ~George Morris
    Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2014

Zen Village is such a sweetheart, exactly as his trainer described. I know how lucky I am to be surrounded by these wonderful horses.

Smooth and Cool is the quietest little guy ever. We took him to his first horse show last weekend, he got off the trailer and was nervous for about 2 minutes, settled right down and didn't even need a lunge before he was going around the schooling ring looking the little hunter he will be someday. He is only 3, so he hasn't jumped yet, but already has a wonderful balanced canter on both leads.

The first Finest placed for 2012, Stacking the Deck, absolutely loves jumping and has already won a championship at a local horse show, he has auto changes and a very pretty jump.

I love my Finest, they so easily transition to new careers!

I will be back to the track MissCapitalSplash, but not to western MA. I'm sure there are plenty of shippers going that way though, so make the call you won't be sorry.

I will call today. I bought Hellenic Jet last year. I seem to have a thing for chestnut mares with "hell" in their name because Our Hellen Wheels has stolen my heart. Hellenic Jet is absolutely stunning and starting her career as an event horse.
    ~George Morris

Quote Originally Posted by MissCapitalSplash View Post
    Any chance anyone is making a trip from Finger Lakes to anywhere close to western MA in the near future? I have my eye on a horse, but can't get up there for a few weeks.
    I will be driving from Buffalo to Foxorough, MA the weekend of October 6 for a wedding.

I could do this with a horse trailer in tow and swing by the track on the way...

(And btw, yes I have care custody and control insurance for trailering.)

I will call today. I bought Hellenic Jet last year. I seem to have a thing for chestnut mares with "hell" in their name because Our Hellen Wheels has stolen my heart. Hellenic Jet is absolutely stunning and starting her career as an event horse.
    Good horse, good trainers, and good idea to event her She has everything it takes and her mind is excellent.

We're shipping a horse from Finger Lakes to Maryland. If anyone else is shipping from FL to that area please pm or email me if you need to make shipping arrangements. With two or more horses the cost is $500 per horse. The date is not set in stone, but would be in the next seven days, plenty of time for a visit, ppe and purchase.

I love to enable

I still keep coming back to Short Term Vision, though I'm kind of hoping 'negotiable' will turn into 'free'...where my parents' live is one of those places off the usual shipping runs, and I suspect gas and hauling costs have gone way up since I shipped Lucky out in 2009....

Enabling is good!

SEPowell- I sent you a PM re;shipping. Not sure if you are coming through MA on your way to MD, but maybe we could figure something out for Our Hellen Wheels.
    ~George Morris

She last raced at Mountaineer on July 21 under a new trainer and owner. She finished last, so she may be for sale again, or you might have to check out Helluvanote, a new Finest Listing. http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/hellevanote/

Quote Originally Posted by commandercody View Post
    She last raced at Mountaineer on July 21 under a new trainer and owner. She finished last, so she may be for sale again, or you might have to check out Helluvanote, a new Finest Listing. http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/hellevanote/
    The information you cite based on equibase data does show exactly what you state. However, the reality is she remains in the Ubbink's ownership and is on their farm.

The moral of the story is, if you see a horse you like, call the owner/trainer for the most up to date information.

I might be getting my own FLF!! Don't want to jinx myself as there is someone looking in the next hour, but fingers crossed!! He's passed his PPE and my trainer's inspection... not going to get ANY work done in the next 2 hours

I'll keep y'all posted!

SEPowell- I sent you a PM re;shipping. Not sure if you are coming through MA on your way to MD, but maybe we could figure something out for Our Hellen Wheels.
    Did you see my post?

I will be within an hour an a half of you in four weeks and can bring the horse for $500. ($1/mile loaded and $.50 empty, fully insured)

Just got the word.... Brolio is heading my way!!! *Happy Dance* Now I have to wait until Sunday to see my new boy... boo!

Default Heliobrolio!!

What fantastic news, Heliodoro, about your new Finest! Brolio is stunning and a terrific prospect. We are delighted that your shopping trip earlier this week came to such a happy conclusion, and my best wishes that he turns out to be all that you hope. I look forward to seeing him when I come for a fall hunter pace.
    Your timing is perfect, because someone else was planning to come on Saturday to look at him. While they may be disappointed, there remain many other fine eventing prospects for them to look at.
    Your boarding farm sure is filling up with FL Finests. Now gee, who else from there doesn't yet have one? We have more enabling to do.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    Just got the word.... Brolio is heading my way!!! *Happy Dance* Now I have to wait until Sunday to see my new boy... boo!
    That's awesome!!

I really liked his pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    I can take him to your house on Sat if you want. He can spend the night with you, Jon and the kitties and then to Jean's on Sunday.