The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    But maybe on a separate thread?
    Agree 100%. Maybe when the FLF is ready they can post some kind of announcement. I think peeps were just confused/surprised/unsure about what was transpiring.
    Last edited by FlashGordon; Aug. 29, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Wow Brolio is a HOTTIE!! He wants to live in Georgia; I can tell just looking at him. :-)
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

I really like Proud Wildcat- looks like he is tight up high through his back and hind end like so many of them but that is easily fixed. Love his balanced overall appearance- as SEPowell said, he looks older than 3
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Something about Proud Wildcat's neck just doesn't look right to me. It could be the angle the pictures were taken, looks short and wide. I keep wanting to like him, but the neck just sticks out to me...

Now Desert Doctor and King's Fez... it's a good thing I'm poor and the boarding barn is full right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    Something about Proud Wildcat's neck just doesn't look right to me. It could be the angle the pictures were taken, looks short and wide. I keep wanting to like him, but the neck just sticks out to me...

Now Desert Doctor and King's Fez... it's a good thing I'm poor and the boarding barn is full right now!
    I think the head shot I put up creates that impression. I didn't crop it correctly. But his whole picture shows a pretty good neckset.

He looks like he'll be able to easily get his front end up for jumping and that hind end is going to power him anyplace he wants to go. And he's only three... He may be our current diamond in the rough.

Watch his video, he's light on his feet!

Looking at Wildcat, it looks more like some solid muscling on his under neck more than a structural issue. He does look pretty nice, especially for a youngster.

Gotta say, though, after watching Valentine's Day video, I really like her. No real hurry to trot and then gets going and shoes off a bit. She seems to be a bit of a Labrador type.
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/valentines-day/

Right now, there are a number of youngsters that are really appealing.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Default Valentine's Day

I have to weigh in on this lovely girl!

I have an Orville baby, my 4 y.o. filly, Flight. To say that she is just about perfect is an understatement. She is smart, kind and athletic and beautiful! Of course her damn is Eventing J's Finest, The Jolly, who was one of the classiest racehorses I ever worked with.

Her damn, Forever Flawless, is a horse that I spent a LOT of time with on the track. Flawless was a beautiful gray mare who endeared herself to a lot of people on the track. She was one of my daughter's favorite horses to gallop, and that's saying a lot because she's galloped many, many horses!

Please give this gal a look.

Default Lauren Gabriella

Oops...didn't see her before I last posted.

Lauren is by Don Corleone who was a homebred boy who wowed the hometown crowd when he won the 2004 New York Derby with all local connections.

Don's dam, Twice Forbidden, was New York Broodmare of the year in 2010 (don't quote me on that year, but around then) for the many foals who went on to be phenoms on the track, including the Big Apple Triple winner Tin Cup Chalice. Anyone considering eventual breeding may salivate at the presence of Twice Forbidden so close up. My understanding is that Twice is considered a "transparent" mare, one who carries the best of the stallion. Breeding isn't my strong suit so others may want to offer some more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes W/Orange View Post
    Looking at Wildcat, it looks more like some solid muscling on his under neck more than a structural issue. He does look pretty nice, especially for a youngster.
    I agree! If you look at his photos on our new official website for the Finger Lakes Finest Throughbreds Trainer Listings, which were taken by a different photographer than the ones on the old pro boards forum, you will see that his neck is fine and he is well built indeed. The video on our new webiste also shows lovely movement.
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/proud-wildcat/

I also want to plug another gorgeous big youngster on our website: Dispute Demusic. http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/dispute-demusic/
    I can't believe he hasn't generated comment yet. This guy blew me away in person -- with his build and lofty movement he just shouts out sport horse prospect. And he is very quiet and sensible and friendly. For those who missed out on Adirondack Dew, here is his equivalent in golden good looks and potential -- but with no racing wear and tear on him at all.

Remember to update your bookmarks for Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Trainer Listing Service, to replace the former site and insert our new website:
    http:fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

It is my understanding that both websites are active.

JumpingAddict93 - Wolfgang was scratched because I purchased him that day and did not want him racing. He has settled in perfectly and loves turnout! I am so happy with this thus far. I haven't gotten on him yet, just giving him some down time to adjust to his new home. He is very mellow and sweet, I don't foresee any issues riding him. Will provide updates when I start riding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty550 View Post
    JumpingAddict93 - Wolfgang was scratched because I purchased him that day and did not want him racing. He has settled in perfectly and loves turnout! I am so happy with this thus far. I haven't gotten on him yet, just giving him some down time to adjust to his new home. He is very mellow and sweet, I don't foresee any issues riding him. Will provide updates when I start riding him.
    Hey! That's very cool. Thank you for sharing your news.

Very soon after I returned to the track this summer one of the state vets literally dragged me down the shedrow to introduce me to Wolfgang. She had fallen in love with him and was telling me what a good guy he was, what a cute personality he had and how perfect he'd be for someone after he finished racing.

So I suspect all of your news will be pretty good. Have fun!

"Nifty" news indeed about Wolfgang! I took his listing and did the write up for him, and I was certainly in love, as the gushing write up made clear. I am so glad to know he is in the hands of a COTHer who can keep us updated about his progress. I know when I went to see his trainer to follow up on why he had been scratched, and she happily told me it was because he had been sold, she was beaing and said he went to a great home.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    It is my understanding that both websites are active.
    Yes, they are- I get the sense that things are competitive between the two groups when they should be cooperative? Not sure why, I don't believe any money is at stake, everyone is volunteering, and there are lots of nice horses that need to be listed- the more exposure for these horses the better. Maybe different philosophies but the same goal- helping the horses. It is important to remember that for any one group to succeed does not mean that another must fail......
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

And I have to say I HATE that script-based pop-up photo thing on the "new" site. It's sit there hoping it opens or squint at tiny thumbnails. And not a big fan of fewer listings per page.

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyAStrauss View Post
    Yes, they are- I get the sense that things are competitive between the two groups when they should be cooperative? Not sure why, I don't believe any money is at stake, everyone is volunteering, and there are lots of nice horses that need to be listed- the more exposure for these horses the better. Maybe different philosophies but the same goal- helping the horses. It is important to remember that for any one group to succeed does not mean that another must fail......

Thank you Bev for your wise words. My offer for collaboration stands with everyone who lists at Finger Lakes.

You and I have collaborated for many years and it has made my life richer, and not a penny was involved. You know the ropes better than anyone and knew that together we could get a few more horses to a few more good homes.

And that brings up something I was discussing with a trainer today. She had a few horses to list but had different goals for them in their new careers. Some she wants to see go to people who aspire to take them to big places because they're exceptionally talented horses, but for one in particular she wants a very quiet loving forever home and if the horse becomes competitive, good, but if not that's just as good, as long as the horse is loved and happy. This trainer wants to collaborate with us to find the best homes for her horses. She knows it's all about collaboration.

The "job" I have on the backside involves collaboration trainers and often with potential buyers. This is what it takes to get these horses to the best places for them. Collaboration is the magic word, it keeps things going in a positive direction, it's dynamic, it generates creative solutions when you're trying to fit in one more horse or somehow manage poor timing for a trainer's or buyer's needs. It makes things fall in place for the horses.

If we don't keep it positive, collaborative, and polite the horses and trainers will suffer. It's about them so let's do it right for them.

OK, end of soliloquy.
    Last edited by SEPowell; Sep. 3, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

What happened to Celebrating Sarah?

Quote Originally Posted by scrtwh View Post
    What happened to Celebrating Sarah?
    Looks like she's under the listing of 2012 Horses Who Have Returned to Racing. Racing at Mountaineer in WV.
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

Quote Originally Posted by BoysNightOut View Post
    Looks like she's under the listing of 2012 Horses Who Have Returned to Racing. Racing at Mountaineer in WV.
    Oh NOooooo