The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Holy smokes....AD is gorgeous and exactly what I would want in a hunter prospect. If I had the room and the 4k I would snatch him up in a heartbeat! He looks like such a friendly guy and looks to move very, very nicely. And that belly spot......*drool*
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

For those of you interested, I went allllllll the way to Irondequoit and got pictures of Queen's Gambit and Queen's Stage. Anything or one else I'm missing? New Pics of Gotto Get the Green are coming next week.

For all of those on our waiting list for Stoney who most likely has a home, here is another lovely big grey!

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=587
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Default Scam Alert

I posted this on facebook but want to post it over here also to give everyone a heads up.

Yesterday I found two sets of trainers' photographs taken from the Finger Lakes Trainers' List and placed on a site that solicits donations. Please know this is a scam! All the work for Finger Lakes Trainers' List is volunteer and we do not accept donations. Again, we are not a 501c3 and we never solicit donations for the horses we list.

Here's the address of the site with the photos from the trainers' list: http://beautifulwny.com/, and here is the only site address where they should appear: http://fingerlakestracklist.proboards.com/. If you ever see our pictures used in a situation where donations are being solicited, please contact me.

Assuming someone else is using their name illegally, I notified the board members of Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Inc about this site. I have not heard back from them but I'm sure they are watching out for their best interests.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program -> Thanks Bev for showing off Mount Karakorum. He's a real pet and someone will be very happy with him, I'm sure!
    Last edited by SEPowell; Aug. 19, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    I posted this on facebook but want to post it over here also to give everyone a heads up.

Yesterday I found two sets of trainers' photographs taken from the Finger Lakes Trainers' List and placed on a site that solicits donations. Please know this is a scam! All the work for Finger Lakes Trainers' List is volunteer and we do not accept donations. Again, we are not a 501c3 and we never solicit donations for the horses we list.

Here's the address of the site with the photos from the trainers' list: http://beautifulwny.com/, and here is the only site address where they should appear: http://fingerlakestracklist.proboards.com/. If you ever see our pictures used in a situation where donations are being solicited, please contact me.

Assuming someone else is using their name illegally, I notified the board members of Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Inc about this site. I have not heard back from them but I'm sure they are watching out for their best interests.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program -> Thanks Bev for showing off Mount Karakorum. He's a real pet and someone will be very happy with him, I'm sure!
    Not the case and not a hoax. We are working on developing a website to be debuted later once all of our ducks are in a row. That is why the odd url - wasn't meant for public consumption yet.

Be back with more details later.

Holy crow. AD is gorgeous. Love the neck and shoulder. wow.

Uh oh, "KB" -- you are starting to lust after Finger Lakes Finests! I will be happy to enable you any time -- as you know from having ridden my Tilly girl, there are wonderful horses to be found at Finger Lakes.
    Speaking of Finest ladies, such a happy story to share from this past weekend. On Sunday, I went to ride Tilly, and there happily settled in and already loving life was Sandy Castle! I had seen her trainer on Saturday morning, and he told me she was going there that afternoon -- but the woman who now owns her and her farm owner/trainer have been trying to pry this lovely mare off the track since they first saw her last November, so I had to see her with my own eyes to finally believe the great news. Three Finest mares in a row in this lovely barn-- Tilly, One Classy Lady, and now Sandy. I was glad I had brought a whole bag of carrots with me, and I appreciated Tilly's willingness to share with her new friends. Lucky girls! Lucky barn!
    At my Saturday track visit I also was informed that a few more listed horses have found great homes: the gorgeous gray Wolfgang and his stablemate Wildest Passion. Their trainer was so grateful for our Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Trainer Listing service, and thanked me profusely for how we help the horses find new homes. Aw shucks -- made my day!

Oh my! I've been eyeing Nicoletti for a while and I see his price was just reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by MKV View Post
    Oh my! I've been eyeing Nicoletti for a while and I see his price was just reduced.
    I absolutely love that horse and would have taken him home long ago had I not taken a bowed mare who needed care asap.

Call me if you have questions (my number and email address are on the Trainers' List site) and also if you go to look at him ask Luis if you may speak with his vet, my fave, Brenden Warrell.

Agree--Nicoletti is one of my faves too. MKV you should go look at him!

Thanks for the info and enabling haha! The timing isn't right, at least right now. Maybe in few weeks although I'm sure he'll be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    Uh oh, "KB" -- you are starting to lust after Finger Lakes Finests! I will be happy to enable you any time -- as you know from having ridden my Tilly girl, there are wonderful horses to be found at Finger Lakes.
    Speaking of Finest ladies, such a happy story to share from this past weekend. On Sunday, I went to ride Tilly, and there happily settled in and already loving life was Sandy Castle! I had seen her trainer on Saturday morning, and he told me she was going there that afternoon -- but the woman who now owns her and her farm owner/trainer have been trying to pry this lovely mare off the track since they first saw her last November, so I had to see her with my own eyes to finally believe the great news. Three Finest mares in a row in this lovely barn-- Tilly, One Classy Lady, and now Sandy. I was glad I had brought a whole bag of carrots with me, and I appreciated Tilly's willingness to share with her new friends. Lucky girls! Lucky barn!
    At my Saturday track visit I also was informed that a few more listed horses have found great homes: the gorgeous gray Wolfgang and his stablemate Wildest Passion. Their trainer was so grateful for our Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Trainer Listing service, and thanked me profusely for how we help the horses find new homes. Aw shucks -- made my day!

I can't wait to get out to the barn to see the "Finest Fillies" as I am going to refer to them until we get a gelding out there haha. I was so excited to hear about One Classy Lady!

You are definitely right that I have been eyeing a lot of the TB's on the site too. All of the OTTB specific divisions at the events this year have increased my desire to own one again.

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=596

I need her so I can have a match set! Someday soonish I'll have some property and maybe take on another horse...

Wow Eventing J!!! You aren't kidding!!

Default If angles could talk - wait... they do!

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=596

I need her so I can have a match set! Someday soonish I'll have some property and maybe take on another horse...
    Me likey mucho!!! Love the angulation of her hind end... she's going to have quite the jump and, with that shoulder/forearm build, she's gonna have a neat front end, too...

FF

I had a dream last night that I went to a local track (there aren't any-I'm in Western NC) with a trailer, wandered the backside until I found a chestnut gelding who I knew nothing about, but he was clearly a war horse. I then found his trainer, offered him some cash, and brought him home. DH (in the dream) was surprisingly cool with it. Went something along the lines of "Hey Mr. sparky6, I was at the track today and got this guy. I couldn't help it-he needed me." and his response was pretty much "oh...well ok then."

But here's the really weird part (as if the reaction of DH wasn't weird enough ). The horse I brought home was named Relatively Ready. Clearly the one from last season's listings is not a chestnut, but when I woke up I distinctly remembered the name and Googled until I figured out where on earth that came from. (I haven't looked at his listing since it was posted)

So the point of all that rambling back story was bump. And a little plug for him. He's still racing-ran a couple of days ago, in fact. Same trainer. He really is a handsome guy:

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=444

Not sure why his name was in my dream. Sadly DH will need more convincing than what it took in my dream. I've started planting the seeds, but at the moment all I can do is enable someone else to bring him home. He's too far away for me to be sneaky and show up at the track with a trailer!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    I had a dream last night that I went to a local track (there aren't any-I'm in Western NC) with a trailer, wandered the backside until I found a chestnut gelding who I knew nothing about, but he was clearly a war horse. I then found his trainer, offered him some cash, and brought him home. DH (in the dream) was surprisingly cool with it. Went something along the lines of "Hey Mr. sparky6, I was at the track today and got this guy. I couldn't help it-he needed me." and his response was pretty much "oh...well ok then."

But here's the really weird part (as if the reaction of DH wasn't weird enough ). The horse I brought home was named Relatively Ready. Clearly the one from last season's listings is not a chestnut, but when I woke up I distinctly remembered the name and Googled until I figured out where on earth that came from. (I haven't looked at his listing since it was posted)

So the point of all that rambling back story was bump. And a little plug for him. He's still racing-ran a couple of days ago, in fact. Same trainer. He really is a handsome guy:

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=444

Not sure why his name was in my dream. Sadly DH will need more convincing than what it took in my dream. I've started planting the seeds, but at the moment all I can do is enable someone else to bring him home. He's too far away for me to be sneaky and show up at the track with a trailer!
    I really like this horse. One of my horses has vision in only one eye and you would never know. She jumps fabulously, is not spooky, and you can easily work around her on her blind side. I would not hesitate to buy another horse with only one good eye. My mare is one of a kind and people are all the more impressed with her once they find out that she is completely blind in the right eye (and wasn't started under saddle until age 12). Someone will be very lucky to own Relatively Ready. Wish I had the time for another horse and more room at our farm.

Default Drum roll please...

Our website is live!!!

There are some beautiful horses and now you can see their head shot with their descriptions!! Click on the "read more" and you get a gallery of the rest of the shots. To go to another page, just click on "older posts".

Some of it is still "under construction" but the important stuff is there. We have a backlog of horses to "re-post" but put the some new ones up and will have six more up this evening.

Videos work much better on this platform as well.

A big shout out to "Boys Night Out" for her photographer. The photo credit goes to her photographer - Robin Fox Photography. I just have to figure out how to put that in. It fits perfectly with the tag line we chose.

Please go check it out - http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Click on the available horses and commence shopping!

RW/O

Are you affliated with the people that we know on here who have been listing these horses for the last several years?

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com is a totally different list of horses.
    Are there separate groups taking/posting listings?