The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

I am cracking up watching Excess Books in his video!!!! The man was trying to get him to trot, and he just looks at the camera~! Rooting for Excess Books!! I have my hands overflowing with thoroughbred training right now though.

I still can't see the Queen pictures though

RIP Boston Regatta- sounds like a very sad situation.

Default Short Term Vision

What happened to Short Term Vision? I currently have a young gelding that I am going to move to a barn I will be leasing this fall just down the road from my house and am looking for a companion for him. How do you think she would do on trails?

-Kata

Quote Originally Posted by pdma77 View Post
    What happened to Short Term Vision? I currently have a young gelding that I am going to move to a barn I will be leasing this fall just down the road from my house and am looking for a companion for him. How do you think she would do on trails?

-Kata
    Short Term Vision was still at her racetrack barn and still available as of this past Saturday, Aug. 4.
    Her groom said she was not spooky and my personal experience in coming up next to her on her blind side and reaching down to touch her leg was that she did not flinch a bit, but rather just reached down to nuzzle me in a friendly and inquisitive way. So, while one can of course never really know how any horse will be on trails until you try it, these bits of information do bode well. So if you are interested in this filly please call about her, talk to the groom who is listed as the contact person and handled her on the farm last winter, and we will all hope it works out to be a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Callista17 View Post
    I am cracking up watching Excess Books in his video!!!! The man was trying to get him to trot, and he just looks at the camera~! Rooting for Excess Books!! I have my hands overflowing with thoroughbred training right now though.

I still can't see the Queen pictures though

RIP Boston Regatta- sounds like a very sad situation.
    Isn't Excess Books nice? His rider told me he's a cadillac to ride, "smooth as glass" he said.

Queen's Gambit's and Queen's Stage's trainer sent photos for me to post but unfortunately they did not transfer to the site successfully. Their trainer and I couldn't figure out why since his camera is similar to mine so when I have time I'm going to his farm to photograph them. His farm is not near the track or me and so the logistics are a bit difficult. They are very nice horses and Queen's Gambit has quite a bit of experience jumping.

Thank you for your thoughts for Boston Regatta. He was a good creature and his trainer was terribly upset. Loose horses on the track are so unbelievably dangerous to the other horses and riders.

There are pics of both the Queens on Rochester Craigslist - 7/16/12 -both are very cute : )

Default Photos of Queen's Stage

How sad about Boston Regatta. He was one of my favorites this year.

I have pictures of Queen's Stage. I visited her in June.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...G_9770copy.jpg
    (I was running my hands over her and IIRC, I don't think I found any flaws)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...G_9777copy.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...G_9773copy.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...G_9780copy.jpg

Just curious but what happened to the Facebook page? It disappeared for some reason...
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Was Boston Regatta's rider all right? I've seen people go flying in those collisions like they're being ejected from a jet fighter...

Call on Short Term Vision! If she's still there at the end of the season and I'm still looking I might feel guilted into calling! (I'm waiting to hear about an elderly Arab seeking a soft landing, who is much closer...if that falls through it's back to square one and that one-eyed filly will keep nagging me....)

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Was Boston Regatta's rider all right? I've seen people go flying in those collisions like they're being ejected from a jet fighter...

Call on Short Term Vision! If she's still there at the end of the season and I'm still looking I might feel guilted into calling! (I'm waiting to hear about an elderly Arab seeking a soft landing, who is much closer...if that falls through it's back to square one and that one-eyed filly will keep nagging me....)
    Regatta's rider was not hurt, fortunately.

Keep your fingers crossed for short term vision, she'll be difficult to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon.Ryan18 View Post
    Just curious but what happened to the Facebook page? It disappeared for some reason...
    You can believe your eyes, it disappeared I'll be putting up another page for Finger Lakes horses soon and it will be called Finger Lakes Race Track Trainers' List.

What happened to Boston Regatta?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    What happened to Boston Regatta?
    "Boston Regatta was hit by a loose horse just after he broke from the gate to breeze in a morning work. His shoulder was broken and he had to be euthanized."

"Boston Regatta was hit by a loose horse just after he broke from the gate to breeze in a morning work. His shoulder was broken and he had to be euthanized."
    Aw man, what a shame .
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Unfortunately, it was removed from Facebook without authorization. We have just set up a new Facebook page under our official registered corporate name, which is Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds. This is the name you all know and love and have associated with our trainer listing service, which is ongoing.
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc.
    Since we lost all the content on the old page when it was removed, it is a work in progress re-creating it. So please send in your updates, photos, comments -- even if they are photos and comments that you had previously sent in to the old page that got removed.
    Let's kick it up, like our new page, and let the world know about our FL Finests.

Unfortunately, it was removed from Facebook without authorization. We have just set up a new Facebook page under our official registered corporate name, which is Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds. This is the name you all know and love and have associated with our trainer listing service, which is ongoing.
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc.
    Since we lost all the content on the old page when it was removed, it is a work in progress re-creating it. So please send in your updates, photos, comments -- even if they are photos and comments that you had previously sent in to the old page that got removed.
    Let's kick it up, like our new page, and let the world know about our FL Finests.
    Hmmm, that's a curious statement; in order to set up a facebook page for any organization you must first set up a personal page and then set up the page for the organization.

That page was set up voluntarily and removed voluntarily by me. All the photographs on it came from my personal computer except those contributed by others from their personal computers.

Careful please with the things you say.
    Last edited by SEPowell; Aug. 8, 2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Clarity

These horses are still amazing! Wondering why no one has brought up Fairway Tom yet, I still think he is adorable!
    Last edited by Shannon.Ryan18; Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Organizational details, no worries- it's all about the horses- I wish we had room at MAHR, I could fill a 12 horse van tomorrow!
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyAStrauss View Post
    Organizational details, no worries- it's all about the horses- I wish we had room at MAHR, I could fill a 12 horse van tomorrow!
    And you at MidAtlantic Horse Rescue and those at CANTER MidAtlantic came through for the horses at the end of last year when they needed you most!!! We love your support!

At the moment there are so many horses on the list who would make uncomplicated thoroughbreds for first time thoroughbred owners, or long time owners for that matter. There is sweet Nicoletti, Excess Books and Perfect Velocity to name just a few. So don't just drool, get thee to the track! I'm going on Friday, let me know if you'd like to join me.

Dear Finger Lakes Trainers,

Stop it. Stop putting such good looking, drool worthy horses up for sale. Or keep it up, but please make my area more horse friendly with barns that are more than some field surrounded by barbed wire in someone's back yard that they've decided can be used for "boarding." Because, seriously, the drooling is getting out of control.

Thanks,

sparky

PS-If anyone wants to send me a gift I'll take Excess Books, Tinian Island, Deo Goes Rocky, Florida Quaker, Majestic One, Perfect Velocity, Wolfgang.....really anyone!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    PS-If anyone wants to send me a gift I'll take Excess Books, Tinian Island, Deo Goes Rocky, Florida Quaker, Majestic One, Perfect Velocity, Wolfgang.....really anyone!
    Hey Sparky, you have excellent taste! All definitely worth drooling over. I was personally involved in taking the listings of several of these horses, and they are all on my faves list.
    If you are drooling, imagine how those of us who are involved in the Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds trainer listing service and who go to the track so often to see these wonderful horses in person feel! I can't believe I have managed to restrain myself to only have three so far!
    So surely you can manage to solve your drooling problem by figuring out how to fit just one into your life. Enabling!!!