The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

so happy. Keep the good news coming!! Getting 3 FLF... wow... how generous!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Sparky! I think you're absolutely right that Peaches (Pride of Paris) could tear up a cross-country course. She is very athletic and springy!

Round Not Sleek is kind of a sad girl and I think would blossom with some TLC. Dade City was just adorable and I think his trainer would be delighted if he went home with someone who would appreciate him and give him the loving and care he gets with her.

Hope the updates keep rolling in. Many thanks to everyone who has gone the extra mile for the Finests!

Thank you all for the support! The drive seemed so long because of all the nasty rain and traffic but it was worth it as Catillac Cutie is in my barn!
    Wahoo!
    I think her name is hilarious and she is indeed a cutie. I told my husband that she is not staying forever but we will see! So far she is a little "up" but tomorrow and in the coming days we will have a better feeling for who she really is.

4 members found this post helpful.

oh the little lies we have to tell our husbands!! ie the horse my daughter got yesterday (on trial) belongs to her trainer... ok! Actually she has him on trial for as long as it takes for her to figure out if he is what she wants. Imagine ... owners more interested that horse and rider fit rather than getting paid up front!!!
    I am still rooting for many FLF...

Oh my Cornerstone, you and your husband are fabulous. Cutie will reward you and bless you for years to come, I'm sure of it. Please e-mail me so I know where I can send a donation towards her shipping.

I'm putting another urgent plea out there for another race mare, Dance Cocoa Dance, who is in dire straits. Her placement fell through and now she is facing the clock. She won 3 races this year and we know little else about her other than she is a 4 y.o. dark bay filly who someone else has described as "a fabulous horse". She is still on the track in Barn 17. If anyone wants to see her, please just go to the track and take a peek. She is in stall 2 and that's as much as I can post at this point.

Charing Hounds, if you're still in the office do you think you could go there and take pics and post them on our Facebook page? Anyone with questions please e-mail me at Marjorie.Linn@flhealth.org.

You've all been so generous and giving. Maybe we can pull off one more miracle.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by foundationmare View Post
    Oh my Cornerstone, you and your husband are fabulous. Cutie will reward you and bless you for years to come, I'm sure of it. Please e-mail me so I know where I can send a donation towards her shipping.

I'm putting another urgent plea out there for another race mare, Dance Cocoa Dance, who is in dire straits. Her placement fell through and now she is facing the clock. She won 3 races this year and we know little else about her other than she is a 4 y.o. dark bay filly who someone else has described as "a fabulous horse". She is still on the track in Barn 17. If anyone wants to see her, please just go to the track and take a peek. She is in stall 2 and that's as much as I can post at this point.

Charing Hounds, if you're still in the office do you think you could go there and take pics and post them on our Facebook page? Anyone with questions please e-mail me at Marjorie.Linn@flhealth.org.

You've all been so generous and giving. Maybe we can pull off one more miracle.
    She actually raced really well, too, so if you go to Equibase, look up her races, and then go to the Fingerlakes site, you can watch replays of her races where they follow her after the end of the races, for some trot and canter shots.

She looks big and well-built, while still retaining that lovely, delicate TB mare look.

Here are a couple of pics of her off Facebook. Not shot at the best angle, but she looks like a nice girl! Who wants to bring her home?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Jingling and Enabling like crazy! I'm an expert at justification so if anyone needs a little push, just say the word and I'll come up with masterful reasons you need her
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Still enabling for Desert Doctor, she needs a new home! She raced 24x in 2 years, she obviously is not a racehorse and needs vacation from the track. Really wish I could afford another right now as she's such a sweetie! Just think, she could be that nice quiet hunter for a kid or AA...

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=710
    http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...481&registry=T

Sew Your Notes is home and literally tearing up her stall. She walked on the trailer like a champ and was very anxious to get out of it when we got home. She is currently in a 12x24 stall that she is trying to redecorate into a 36x12 by kicking down a wall . If the weather holds, tomorrow she will go out into the round pen. I don't want to risk her slipping if its rainy/snowy out. She is definitely feeling good since she last ran about a week ago and is probably confused why she is not galloping in the mornings.
    Other than the wall (which has been repaired) she is a good girl and seems larger than 16h but it maybe her shoes which come off on Friday. She has a gorgeous head and I am in love....cannot wait to see her when she fills out and matures a bit more.

Honestly I had no intention of getting another horse into the barn yet but this board and family members and Suzanne helping with some confusion helped enable me :-)

we were glad to be able to help you, Sew Your Notes and her trainer. Please keep us updated!

I'm buying New York New York! He must leave the track by Thursday and I'm having trouble finding shippers headed South that aren't already full. He needs to be shipped to Conyers, GA which is abt 30 min from Atlanta. I've already tried Cobblestone and Tap. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Oohh he's a sexy beasty. I hope he works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123456 View Post
    Sew Your Notes is home and literally tearing up her stall. She walked on the trailer like a champ and was very anxious to get out of it when we got home. She is currently in a 12x24 stall that she is trying to redecorate into a 36x12 by kicking down a wall . If the weather holds, tomorrow she will go out into the round pen. I don't want to risk her slipping if its rainy/snowy out. She is definitely feeling good since she last ran about a week ago and is probably confused why she is not galloping in the mornings.
    Other than the wall (which has been repaired) she is a good girl and seems larger than 16h but it maybe her shoes which come off on Friday. She has a gorgeous head and I am in love....cannot wait to see her when she fills out and matures a bit more.

Honestly I had no intention of getting another horse into the barn yet but this board and family members and Suzanne helping with some confusion helped enable me :-)
    Uh oh, did we heap it on?

Anyone going to Binghamton and need another horse on the trailer?

I found New York, New York a ride! Thanks to Margie Linn for all the help.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexieOTTB View Post
    I found New York, New York a ride! Thanks to Margie Linn for all the help.
    Margie is THE BEST!

3 members found this post helpful.

Awesome, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by foundationmare View Post

Charing Hounds, if you're still in the office do you think you could go there and take pics and post them on our Facebook page?
    foundationmare, my last day was Friday. Wish I'd checked in earlier. I can drive out tomorrow & get some shots if you think it might help. The two pics of her don't look like they were taken at the track. Are you sure that's where she is now?

I'd like to add that I'm looking for a home for Five Aces.
    I took him home to get him off the track where he did NOT need to be anymore. I have a little farm and sometimes (when possible), my place is like a halfway-house for a racehorse that needs a place to go. He's a 5 year old dark bay gelding with a unique blaze and 3 socks. One might consider him a double unicorn, because he has 2 little "horns" on his forehead - I kid you not! Surely that makes him "magical" (lol).
    He does have a knee and will probably require more time off. I haven't had recent x-rays done but he has improved with the time off that he's had so far. He is pasture sound and turned out with others. Low to middle-man in pecking order.
    About 8 weeks after he arrived, I tacked him up, walked him about on a lunge line & got on him just to get a gauge on him. He walked along peaceably on the lunge line, but was more interested in the grass. He stood nicely while I mounted from the block with no assistance (I'm alone, so I have to be careful). While I sat on him, I noticed that he had a very balanced, "everything fits" kind of feel. I walked him around the round pen and he was very agreeable, bending and doing fig 8's, halting, and backing nicely. I trotted him about 1/2 to 1 turn of the round pen in each direction, and though he didn't nod, he was definitely uneven at the trot (left front knee). I haven't done anything else with him since and he seems to be sounder now (several months later). If someone is seriously interested I will pay to have some rads done of his knee but I think he will be suitable for light riding. He's a good boy and I'd like to see him be someone's "special" horse.
    Here's a link to his facebook album:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1921699&type=3

Jingling for Dance Cocoa... I am very worried when you say she has to go by Friday... does not sound like she would go to a good place. Jingling.