The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    But Ralph also told me that he urgently needs to find a home for Desert Doctor and the price has dropped to $500-- very good looking, nice moving, sweet and quiet 4 yo dark bay filly, on pro-boards:
    http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=710
    Just not panning out as a race horse, has not broken her maiden, and as he says, even if she eventually does, then what. And his farm is just too full with better racing prospects and his broodies and babies to overwinter her. So she really needs to go. Spread the word!

I've always come back to DD on the listings. She was the first horse I saw on the backside ever, so sweet and quiet. Her groom recognized me the 2nd trip out and said she needed me! I have a feeling she would make a young PC kid or AA looking for something not ginormous a great horse. Nicely proportioned, good minded, just raced this week and needs a new job!

I just got down to 1 horse this week, DH might not be so "dear" if I go back to 2...

1 members found this post helpful.

Thoughts on the gelding, "Great Privilege"? Temperament? Would he be the type to enjoy relaxing and trail riding? Sound for lower level jumping?

I have a Langfuhr granddaughter with an absolutely amazing personality with the same look to her eye that he has.

What are the volunteers' impression of this boy? I guess, also, is he still available?
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

Vermillion - I did not see Great Privilege in person, but just posted his video.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Thanks!!
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

Okay people, WHY is Helen still on the listings?!?
    http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=689

The Eventing board was raving about her when she was first posted, and she is cute and flashy, so I thought she'd be gone immediately. Is she just getting lost at the bottom of the listings? Does everyone really think they need a 16+hander? I KNOW some of you out there are right in my 5'2'' height range, and 15.1 (plus, she's THREE, she will grow!) is the perfect size...

GFAG....

Did you read my thread on H/J about buyers being "Heightists"?

Lots of sad facts there...

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    GFAG....

Did you read my thread on H/J about buyers being "Heightists"?

Lots of sad facts there...

Emily
    It's just awful. My Fingerlakes mare from last season is 16.1, and thank goodness she has a narrow frame because otherwise I think she would be too big for me! My gelding is big bodied, and 15.2, and he makes me look like a shrimp.

There are enough smaller horses out there kicking some major butt that two inches should not make a difference!

If I weren't six hours away and possibly moving to a city (with two "lifers" and one out on a lease that is welcome to come back at any moment) in the next few months, I would snap up Helen in a heartbeat. She looks like she will be quick and catty over jumps, and her casual manner in the video is jaw-dropping on a three year old!!

Mine is a big big bodied 15:3 which is plenty big for most people...size is not the end all in be all except for a few exceptions. When my trainer was looking for the 6 foot 5 guy at the barn, 15.2 was not going to cut it, but really how many riders are that tall?

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Okay people, WHY is Helen still on the listings?!?
    http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=689

The Eventing board was raving about her when she was first posted, and she is cute and flashy, so I thought she'd be gone immediately. Is she just getting lost at the bottom of the listings? Does everyone really think they need a 16+hander? I KNOW some of you out there are right in my 5'2'' height range, and 15.1 (plus, she's THREE, she will grow!) is the perfect size...
    Helen is being vetted. Very happy news for a cool horse. At the moment she's on the farm with a shaggy winter coat, an abcess in her heel, and covered in mud, and yet after looking at her, the woman who's buying her said "this is the one!" and was so happy she had tears in her eyes. I'm just waiting for the vetting to be completed before moving her. Once she moves to the sold category you'll know she's in a great home for life.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    Thoughts on the gelding, "Great Privilege"? Temperament? Would he be the type to enjoy relaxing and trail riding? Sound for lower level jumping?

I have a Langfuhr granddaughter with an absolutely amazing personality with the same look to her eye that he has.

What are the volunteers' impression of this boy? I guess, also, is he still available?
    He seems to be a good sensible guy. I really like him and will show him to a bunch of people on Sunday if he's still there.

Sew Your Notes has found her home. Thanks to all and especially Suzanne for networking for this nice filly.

Glad that so many are finding a safe landing place! Hats off to the volunteers who advocate for these wonderful horses! One day I hope the cards are in order for me to have my own FLF.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    Helen is being vetted. Very happy news for a cool horse. At the moment she's on the farm with a shaggy winter coat, an abcess in her heel, and covered in mud, and yet after looking at her, the woman who's buying her said "this is the one!" and was so happy she had tears in her eyes. I'm just waiting for the vetting to be completed before moving her. Once she moves to the sold category you'll know she's in a great home for life.
    Oh thank goodness, I can stop worrying about her.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    This is so heart warming. I hope the vetting goes well, sounds like a match made in heaven.

Just back from the track where we took some more listings and loaded up some more. Whomever thinks that these wonderful animals are universally fire-breathing hot heads should watch them walk calmly across the backside to the awaiting trailers, trucks and trailers all around them, and walk calmly and without hesitation on a two horse trailer....should have been around to watch as our recent groups have done just that! As is always the case, nothing makes our collective hearts go pitter patter more happily than watching the taillights of another group of Finests pulling off the backside onto Route 96.

A few at-risk horses are still watching the clock tick down. One adorable chestnut gelding, Dade City, would love to avoid a trip to New Jersey in the Sandy zone! Another little mare, Catillac Cutie, is on borrowed time. Same with Katelyn Ann who has once again become available and is well put together and a nice mover (also has the breeding for a broodmare prospect). And Round not Sleek really needs an angel to help her out.

Ostin's Miracle, an 8 y.o. gray with interesting black markings, is "the coolest horse I've ever worked with" according to his trainer who has been on the backside for 35 years! He will run one more time at Mountaineer and then be on a local farm close to the track.

Vermilion, Great Privilege was VERY quiet and sweet when we met him and took his pictures. I think he would be wonderful for what you want him for.

Another new listing is Pride of Paris, (aka "Peaches") trained by my DIL, an "up" filly who has run very well this year and will be happy on farm turnout this winter, but would make an amazing Eventing prospect. She is a very forward and athletic girl who loves to train.

We have had an amazing and successful year and will continue to be active throughout the winter. Many of the horses will be overwintered on local farms and will remain available.

Many thanks to everyone who has jumped on the Finest bandwagon, networked, trumpeted, shared with friends who share with friends, etc. You give us the wind beneath our wings, so to speak. I also want to thank the many compassionate and generous individuals who offer homes to horses who are in need, regardless of color, size or gender. You know who you are. I think I can speak for all of the volunteers when I say that our hearts are full.

Round Not Sleek has a nice pedigree for sport. She has Bold Forbes, Air Forbes One, Damascus and Raja Baba relatively up close in the pedigree and she certainly has a calm eye. It says highly negotiable on the price so I think she would be well worth a look.

Just curious.....Did Seeking Anita find a home? I had a OTTB for 14 yrs and Seeking Anita looks just like him.

Seeking Anita is listed as available.

Is any one going to the track in the morning?

Has anybody stepped up for Whos Livin Bettor