The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Suzanne, if you see Joe Marino around the track, would you let him know that River is doing great and that I couldn't be happier with him?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    Oh! He reminds me of the Big Galoot. I hope he finds a home.

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    Suzanne, if you see Joe Marino around the track, would you let him know that River is doing great and that I couldn't be happier with him?
    Yes!!

Do many of the horses end up at the Livestock Auction that is being held Saturday..they are advertising it as a special horse auction?

I still love January Baby but just found out that one of the mares that I loved died of colic on 11/12 at Finger Lakes and am heartbroken over her. Pave the Way and Pure Business received extra loving last night after I found out.

Love your FB update and the good news about the Fearless guys!!! and Yukon.. so relieved!!
    Thank you for all your hard work!!

There is a trailer going from Finger Lakes Race Track to W. Mass and anyplace in NJ on Thursday afternoon with at least two spots available. Please email me if you need transport and I'll put you in touch with the coordinator.

spaethfarm@gmail.com

Yes!!
    Thank you! I posted some pictures and video of him free jumping on my blog, if you want to show him .
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    We saw Joe last weekend, spent a lot of time with him while we were helping arrange a great new home for his horse Maggie's Prince, and while chatting with him we updated him on how well River was doing and how loved he is. Joe was really happy to hear this -- except he said that didn't think pink was really his color!
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

1 members found this post helpful.

There is a trailer going from Finger Lakes Race Track to W. Mass and anyplace in NJ on Thursday afternoon with at least two spots available. Please email me if you need transport and I'll put you in touch with the coordinator.

spaethfarm@gmail.com
    Oh man, I was just thinking about starting to find a ride for Pupcake, glad to hear she is being kept as I certainly don't need another horse!!

OK round 2 of second chances...

From Finger Lakes Craigslist:

http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/grd/3391333277.html

I believe (But haven't confirmed with sellers) that this is "Padaro Lane"

(2011 links here: Listing: http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=318

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp2HjUs0eE)

So he's had a year off and is a coming 5 yr old with chrome and only 2 lifetime starts. (patheticly bad race horse )

Can anyone help him find a nice home? $950

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Meanwhile Mount Karakorum has taken to Craigslist... for a higher price.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/3441300351.html

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Default Craig's list ads

Good spotting Emily! I think you are right that it is Padaro Lane. I really liked him a lot when we listed him last year and he sure looked like an athletic sport horse prospect then.

And as for Mt. Karakorum, I really cannot believe no one has taken this horse yet -- he is seriously nice, a lovely mover, and a very pretty grey.
    Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    And as for Mt. Karakorum, I really cannot believe no one has taken this horse yet -- he is seriously nice, a lovely mover, and a very pretty grey.
    Can I weigh in my 2 cents as to why?

I really believe that 2 things are at play and both are interrelated.

1.) He comes from the Unbridled Line (He's a grandson) and he has acquired the family oselettes. Now I have a son of Unbridled and he has them as well. They don't do much in terms of hindering a jumping career, but they are hard to take when you know the next person is gonna haggle you down because of them.

2.) He has a long record of running and staying running. Ie...he's sound. But some folks just don't think that a horse that's run that much will stay sound for jumping or be easy to retrain.

And my last thought is that surely by now someone has done a ppe, and he might have not done as well as we think. And folks like me who see a 17 hand grey 5 yr old sticking around the listings rightly or wrongly assume something is wrong to keep him from being purchased by a buyer who liked him first.

~Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Can I weigh in my 2 cents as to why?

I really believe that 2 things are at play and both are interrelated.

1.) He comes from the Unbridled Line (He's a grandson) and he has acquired the family oselettes. Now I have a son of Unbridled and he has them as well. They don't do much in terms of hindering a jumping career, but they are hard to take when you know the next person is gonna haggle you down because of them.

2.) He has a long record of running and staying running. Ie...he's sound. But some folks just don't think that a horse that's run that much will stay sound for jumping or be easy to retrain.

And my last thought is that surely by now someone has done a ppe, and he might have not done as well as we think. And folks like me who see a 17 hand grey 5 yr old sticking around the listings rightly or wrongly assume something is wrong to keep him from being purchased by a buyer who liked him first.

~Emily
    And to add to that, the trainer had a reasonable offer early on and he said no.

It's really hard to get a good price on the backside for a horse with many starts and jewelry, especially when there are so many horses to choose from.

spaethfarm@gmail.com
    Well if someone wants to load New York New York , I will gladly meet the van driver in western ma to take him home to my house )

Of the ones I met, I'm surprised Ommadon's Reign and Blissful Belle are still there. I thought both were really cute and bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by QuillcoteFarm View Post
    Well if someone wants to load New York New York , I will gladly meet the van driver in western ma to take him home to my house )
    Serious about this, I can offer him a wonderful home as an event horse, 508-942-5682

I know you are busy but I am surprised you have not posted here the good news about the Fearless guys. Some people do not do FB. I hope everything worked out in the end!

Quillcote, if you are indeed serious about New York New York please call the Miller-Sauls right away! They will probably be taking him to their farm any day now. Because he is only three and they told us they would be fine with racing him again next year, there is not a whole lot of wiggle room on the listed price, but perhaps some. He really is even more stunning in person -- it was hard to draw ourselves away from him last weekend!

And as for Mt. Karakorum, he has not failed a PPE. There was a buyer for him prepared to come with cash and a trailer, but he was entered to race again and at the last minute the owner/trainer decided to keep running him a few more times. That really upset Krystal, and now that the race meet is over, she bought the horse from the owner/trainer just to make sure he finds a good home.
    Find us on Facebook: