The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

More horses sold and more pics and videos up. But I'm not telling who, you'll have to go to the site for that. I'm a meanie

We beat the Frankenstorm to Finger Lakes Race Track yesterday morning and managed to photograph four more very nice horses for the fingerlakesfinesttbs.com website and the Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds, Inc. facebook page.

It was a challenging day to take photos, what with the overcast skies, the wind and the drizzle, but these horses are such high quality that they still look great. If you are into black bays, we listed two, a very handsome gelding and a 3 year old filly that is already way over 17 hands (for those who like their horses tall and dark). The filly just came back to her trainer from a less than ideal situation and needs to gain about 200 pounds, but when she does she will be stunning. Two pretty bay mares round out yesterdays group.

People must be staying home in front of this approaching storm and just cruising the web, as our facebook page is blowing up with all the views, likes and comments. If you have a free minute, or ten, would you head on over to our facebook page and take a look. While you are there, would you be kind enough to "like" our page! We are over 300 likes now and would love to make it to 400.

Happy window shopping and remember that the closer it gets to winter, typically the more negotiable the prices get on these great horses!
    Proud FLF Thoroughbreds Volunteer Since 2006
    Please visit our website www.fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Default Truffula!

Remember the beautiful mare Truffula, she of the beautiful conformation and amazing floating gaits? She was the hot horse from last summer's listings but was then withdrawn by her owner/trainer because she started winning races -- and she kept on running well all through last fall and then won several more races this summer and fall.
    Well, the two people that own her finally decided it was time to retire her while she was still completely sound, and even though several breeders were calling and begging them to sell the mare to them, they wanted her to go to someone who they knew, and who loved the horse as much as they did and would keep in touch with them about her progress and always look out for her. And they called last week and offered her to ME!!!! I have loved this mare ever since I first laid eyes on her while taking her photographs for her listing early last summer, and I visited with her almost every time I went to the track, so how could I possibly have turned them down! My wonderful BO cleaned out a junk stall to make room for yet one more Finest.
    Today, she arrived safely at her new home, and settled in well. When I went to pick her up at the track, her trainer was crying, we hugged, and he gave her a farewell peppermint and then pushed a fistful of peppermints into my pocket -- which I doled out to Truffula throughout the afternoon to welcome her into my life and bond with her. Her other owner kept saying that she couldn't wait to see the mare under a dressage saddle, and I promised pictures of that very thing.
    I still can't quite believe the horse of my dreams is really now standing in my barn, but she indeed is.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

2 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations! I hope she's everything you dreamed of and more.

StG

[QUOTE=buffalo colleen;6640927 And they called last week and offered her to ME!!!! [/QUOTE]

YAY! That sounds like a perfect match that was meant to be! Congratulations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    Remember the beautiful mare Truffula, she of the beautiful conformation and amazing floating gaits? ...
    ...I still can't quite believe the horse of my dreams is really now standing in my barn, but she indeed is.
    I remember her video very well, with Tito explaining (complete with an imitation of a beautiful bascule done with his arm), how she would also be "good for jumping" because she had jumped some sort of fence

Congrats! We will be wanting LOTS of pictures!

FF

Congrats what a great turn of events!

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    Remember the beautiful mare Truffula, she of the beautiful conformation and amazing floating gaits? She was the hot horse from last summer's listings but was then withdrawn by her owner/trainer because she started winning races -- and she kept on running well all through last fall and then won several more races this summer and fall.
    Well, the two people that own her finally decided it was time to retire her while she was still completely sound, and even though several breeders were calling and begging them to sell the mare to them, they wanted her to go to someone who they knew, and who loved the horse as much as they did and would keep in touch with them about her progress and always look out for her. And they called last week and offered her to ME!!!! I have loved this mare ever since I first laid eyes on her while taking her photographs for her listing early last summer, and I visited with her almost every time I went to the track, so how could I possibly have turned them down! My wonderful BO cleaned out a junk stall to make room for yet one more Finest.
    Today, she arrived safely at her new home, and settled in well. When I went to pick her up at the track, her trainer was crying, we hugged, and he gave her a farewell peppermint and then pushed a fistful of peppermints into my pocket -- which I doled out to Truffula throughout the afternoon to welcome her into my life and bond with her. Her other owner kept saying that she couldn't wait to see the mare under a dressage saddle, and I promised pictures of that very thing.
    I still can't quite believe the horse of my dreams is really now standing in my barn, but she indeed is.
    Ooooo, congrats! I remember her from the listings, she was a looker. Good luck to you guys in the future, make sure you keep us updated!
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

Default Broodmare prospect

Who would be your top broodmare pick to breed to this stallion http://www.blazingcoloursfarm.com/goldentime.html for a dressage prospect? I like City Mint as she is a solid bay, but I am also starting to grow partial to Valuable Friend the more I look at her. Cathy All The Way is nice, too, I love the neck...

Quote Originally Posted by pdma77 View Post
    Who would be your top broodmare pick to breed to this stallion http://www.blazingcoloursfarm.com/goldentime.html for a dressage prospect? I like City Mint as she is a solid bay, but I am also starting to grow partial to Valuable Friend the more I look at her. Cathy All The Way is nice, too, I love the neck...
    Valuable Friend has really nice hunter type movement, and would certainly throw some flashy golden horses with that mating. She won a race earlier this week, so not sure if her current trainer will still want to part with her -- but with winter settling in and the stable area closing offers are always entertained!
    Cathy ALl the Way has great sport horse breeding -- Artax/Marquetry line has thrown some really nice jumpers and movers withe good brains. She has the sort of compact solid and balanced build that says hunter-type.
    Find us on Facebook:

There are sooooo many nice horses I'm having such a hard time deciding! Originally, I wanted to go for a smaller size and was looking at Our Helen Wheels, Seattle Embers and Short Term Vision. STV's trainer isn't sure he wants to sell since she won. I'm thinking type is more important than size if I am going for a dressage prospect in a breed that isn't typical of dressage. I think I will call on Valuable Friend and Cathy All The Way tomorrow morning.

We're into our last month at Finger Lakes so if you would love an ottb please look at all the Finger Lakes programs involved in rehoming these guys. See:

Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds at http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/

Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program at http://fingerlakestap.org/

Also, Finger Lakes TAP is now posting videos of their horses on their facebook page so stop there too! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/43877838650/

My list is in my signature.

Time to go horse shopping!!! There are tons of beauties for you to see!

1 members found this post helpful.

More active shoppers and more Finests finding homes: Time to Go Girl was snapped up right away, leaving a couple of disappointed callers. The adorable Ziggy found his person and shipped to his new home today. And Isamu, a pretty filly we have been trying to list for two weeks but her trainer was busy and kept saying to come back, was finally seen while shoppers were present, and she was whisked off to a great new home without ever going up on the listings!
    Time to Go Girl's trainer was so appreciative and called us to thank us-- she was amazed at how quickly she started getting calls after we put this lovely mare on our website and Facebook page. And she also started getting lots of calls on her other mare we just listed -- Helyna's Dreaming, and we are hoping to confirm a new home for her any day now.
    I am personally so happy that some people have stepped up for some mares!
    It is indeed now crunch time for the horses at Finger Lakes, so if you have been thinking about calling or going to look, now is the time! No more procrastinating.
    Find us on Facebook:

Default Just back from the track

Lucky13 and I had a blast this morning, catching up on all things horse related and other, talking to a bunch of trainers, getting updates and taking pictures. We've got 5 new Finests to showcase and one of them is so special I'm still grinning. I won't spoil the fun surprise because a picture is worth a thousand words, you know, but I am issuing a Cuteness Alert!

Five new listings with photos up. A few nice examples of tall, dark, and elegant (since some are ladies), a chestnut horse, and a filly with a whole lot of white.

Videos will be added as soon as they are uploaded.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Wink Offshore Score update :)

Just wanted to put an update on Dylan (Offshore Score) since he was so popular and still is. Weve gotten many messages asking if he was for sale .
    He has settled in quite nicely and seems to enjoy all the other finest he gets to hang out with. In his video you could see his beautiful movement and he is as comfortable as he looks. He has a very nice canter and is good with his leads! Hes already trotting poles like a pro! Hes awesome to work with and lucky to have him He has a good noggin and cant wait tl see all his progression <3
    I think my other Finest, Penny may be a bit jealous but she gets skme breaks. She will always be my number one <3
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

I've been unable to read or respond to the personal messages sent to me. My email is going to be temporarily out of order too while my computer is in the repair shop. So, if you need to contact me please call me at 610-730-9489.

I need to stop looking at these things. We've got a potential free lease horse coming in (our farrier's retired Arab broodmare who needs a non-breeding home-she's offered to board her with us in exchange for farrier work if the horses get along) but now I love Song for Pupcake. Though the pasterns make me a tad leery with Unbridled's Song breeding.

Thumbs up Another FLF gets a home

This one is confirmed by his new owner, who is a long time friend of mine... Secrets Only has landed in a super spot with friends of mine in West Monroe, NY (N of Syracure). Wooo-Hoooo!!!! We met while in college and evented, hunter paced and tail gated together. He joins another FLF, and a bunch of Connemaras (one is 25 years young and foxhunting with the Lime Creek Hunt!).

She wrote (on FB): "His first introduction to walking around the indoor on a shank, no chain, went very well. Even with hawk working around him. Eating well, ears up, no offers to kick, fingers crossed! He seems very sweet, Keith led him over a ground rail, little jump from him like WTF? But did repeat it several times. Seems to be a thinker, but comes over to socialize"

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!

FF

4 members found this post helpful.

Default Excellent news!

Thanks for posting that FF! He is a magnificent animal and I can only imagine how very happy his former owner is to have him in good and safe hands! Win/win in the best possible way.