The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    No need to do that! I was the photographer for R Lady in Blue last fall, and I already sent all the pictures, not just the ones that Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds used on its pro-boards forum last fall. Go for a Gallop sent me in return some lovely photos of this beautiful mare, now known as Daisy, happy and healthy in her pretty Massachusetts home. Perhaps, Go for, you will share those photos on the Finger Lakes Finest Roll Call thread here on COTH, as well as on the Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Facebook page.
    Between me and Lucky 13, we have taken hundreds of pictures of over a hundred horses over the past couple of years, and if you have a Finest, and we were the photographers, we will be happy to e-mail you photos directly.
    I would LOVE to have any pics you may have of Silent Reflection....she was listed, gee, I can't even remember how long we've had her....3 years...so she was listed in November 3 years ago. She was the little gal who had a really bad crash in her last race. I would also LOVE to see Oughtta Be A Jet's pictures. He was listed maybe3 or 4 years ago....we bought him off the home farm and at the time, he wasn't listed as for sale.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

You might ask Louise here on COTH if she has kept any photographs. Jet was listed initially when she and I still did the listings and I remember those - I just can't recall which one of us took the photos. I have a disc where I saved quite a few photographs but just this year I did delete all of the others off my computer because they were taking up too much space. I think there is one album left that I missed. I'll check it and see who is on there and I'll also take a peek at the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by maunder View Post
    You might ask Louise here on COTH if she has kept any photographs. Jet was listed initially when she and I still did the listings and I remember those - I just can't recall which one of us took the photos. I have a disc where I saved quite a few photographs but just this year I did delete all of the others off my computer because they were taking up too much space. I think there is one album left that I missed. I'll check it and see who is on there and I'll also take a peek at the disc.
    Thx, Maunder, I did speak to Louise and she didn't have any pics of Jet remaining.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Default Chestnuts represent!

Five new Finests - not all chestnut but a couple to keep up with bays and grays. Sign me up for Clever Flight - that is a handsome and elegant looking guy.

Also, props to BC who helped secure a great home for Tanzillion. I believe the new owner posts on CotH so hopefully we will hear about him.

Videos should be up soon as well. One of the horses does not have pictures but has been restarted as a sport horse by her owners. The pictures need to be re-sized but will be posted as soon as that happens.

So if you are having a hard time figuring out what to do with your Saturday night, come on over and do a little shopping.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Thanks, R w/O, for the props -- but helping wonderful horse people who will provide great homes for Finests is such a rewarding labor of love that it is its own reward.
    I took Tanzillion's new person all around the track yesterday, and we looked at many horses while taking some new listings in between bouts of hail and rain and then rays of sunshine. She was so impressed by the quality of the horses at Finger Lakes, and found many that were oh soooo tempting, but I kind of knew Tanzillion would be the lucky one. As we walked down the shed row to see another horse, she stopped at Tanzillion's stall without even knowing who it was, and they started bonding. And then after seeing so many other wonderful horses that we both thought were impressive, she was drawn back to Tanzillion's stall, and as I watched them interact I just knew I was seeing the blooming of a new love affair.
    When I got the call this afternoon that he had passed the vet inspection with flying colors I was just ecstatic. And then I had to break the news to three other people who were also craving Tanzillion and were waiting with bated breath to find out about the decision of the first person to the plate, that they were going to have to consider other Finests, because the amazing Mr. T. had found his person.
    It has been quite a couple of days, with so many people trying to be the first to get Offshore Score and Tanzillion. Now that these horses have landed in such great new homes, please everyone who follows the Finger Lakes horses available through Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds, rremember that there are many other great horses still looking for their person -- and more newly listed each week. Finest indeed! If a horse catches your fancy, move fast!
    Several of the latest additions to our listings on the Finest website are reallly fine horses indeed. For example, Princeofproximity almost wooed Tanzillion's lucky new person to take him instead.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Question Website question

Just wondering if it is the same group behind both the Proboards listings and this site, http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/ ?

Either way boy there are a lot of quality horses. Have to say personally though, I am always looking to see if Relatively Ready has found a home yet, he just draws me in. One of the newer listings with only a barn name, Donda, has those wise eyes and a frame that in this one person's opinion would fill out nicely to be my next event horse.

Tanzillion's new person checking in here. I've been looking for quite a long time for a "project" horse and biding the wise words of JFS "the right one will pick you". That is exactly how I felt on Friday with "Tanner" (thanks NMK for the barn name). The experience is described perfectly in the above post from buffalo colleen.

Walking around on Friday, I felt like a kid in a candy store. The quality of horses at FL is outstanding. I had criteria set in my mind but I have to say I broke a few of my rules choosing the one I did. He was one of several I had on my list and all of them ran true to their listings. Offshore Score was a lovely as described and I'm happy he went to a new home that day. Definitely check out Princeofproximity, he's nicely put together with lovely movement and temperment. Listening to the trainer describe him while we were out jogging him, I could tell he is an extremely athletic horse.

A big shout out to all the volunteers everywhere who are helping horses transition into new homes/careers regardless of breed or background.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux61096 View Post
    Just wondering if it is the same group behind both the Proboards listings and this site, http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/ ?

Either way boy there are a lot of quality horses. Have to say personally though, I am always looking to see if Relatively Ready has found a home yet, he just draws me in. One of the newer listings with only a barn name, Donda, has those wise eyes and a frame that in this one person's opinion would fill out nicely to be my next event horse.
    No, two different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux61096 View Post
    Agreed -- so many quality horses. There is a reason why we call them Finger Lakes Finest!
    The gallant Relatively Ready so needs, wants ,and deserves a great new home. I visit him almost every time I go to the track, and he is such a friendly guy.
    And I am so glad that "Donda" has caught your eye. When I took his listing he impressed me as one of those soulful, level headed, been there done that athletes who would easily transition to a new career and would be a loving loyal companion to boot.
    I am usually a whiz in working with the Jockey Club registry to get their real names, but this one has stumped me. His owner is a groom for another trainer, and he speaks almost no English, and the trainer who showed him to us for the owner could only supply his best guess at how to spell the name.
    But whatever this horse's JC name, his wise and kind eyes, nice frame and good movement speak for themselves.
    Find us on Facebook:

Default And more good new home news comes pouring in!

One Turn Eddie, the gorgeous gray who is a wonderful dressage type mover, found his new person this past weekend, and shipped on Sunday! He will be joining another Finest in his new home. The people who picked him out told me they thought he was a 10+++ mover, and they were also very impressed with what caring horse people his track owner/trainer and wife are. Eddie Maver and his wife Pamela, class acts indeed.
    And Tanzillion's new owner called me this afternoon to let me know she had picked him up and he went right on the trailer.
    It really has been quite a roll for Finests finding new homes -- unbelievably gratifying, although exhausting showing so many buyers around and fielding so many phone calls and e-mails. I have never experienced such a line of potential buyers, all awaiting phone calls about the first person's decision, as we have had over the last few days for Offshore Score and Tanzillion.
    Four horses just in the last three days went to great new homes that the Finger Lakes Finest volunteers helped facilitate. And another one being vetted soon...
    Let's keep the roll going! Time to step up those of you who have been lurking and thinking.
    Last edited by buffalo colleen; Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

So great to hear as the placed list keeps growing! Thank you so much FLF people for doing your volunteer work so these horses can havr homes. Im truely in love with Penny and now Dylan (Just Plan Partners and OffShore Score) and every other one that comes to our barn! Truly is an amazing program for these horses and for us!!! Nothing better than an OTTB!!
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Default And the Placed list grows yet again!

The good new home news has literally been pouring in lately! After passing his PPE with a very clean bill of health, the lovely and very athletic young bay Wana Play shipped this morning to his new home. He will be taking up residence less than a mile from my boarding barn, so it will be fun to watch his progress as he is retrained to become an eventer. Demonstrating that once you get your first FL Finest, you just have to have more, Wana Play will be coming to live with Eleven Lafayette (now known as Teddy) from last year's FLF listings. And the person who has these two Finests is bugging her family to add more stalls to their newly built barn so that she can bring home one for her Mom to ride.

And yesterday a Finest that we had not even been able to get up on the listings yet went to his new home, to a person who had a sentimental attachment to him from past interactions and had been waiting to give him the good post-track life he deserves: Winged Warrior is the lucky guy's name.

WOW, that is SEVEN Finger Lakes Finests placed in just the last week and a half!
    Find us on Facebook:

Default Videos

Videos are up for

Whyinot Sue, Clever Flight, Grand Rapture, and PrinceofProximity.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Default Another one finds a home!

I know these posts about placed horses are getting a bit repetitive But yes, the great news just keeps coming.
    The latest lucky Finest is King Kong Kingdoms, one of my personal faves ever since I took his photos back in August.
    On Saturday I was showing horses to some shoppers looking for a H/J prospect, and as they were mulling over their tough decision because they had seen so many really nice horses, I urged them to come see just one more. And then I watched as one of those wonderful "cupid's arrow" moments happened. King Kong was sweet and ever so appealing and they all cuddled with him as we called his trainer and she said she would come right over. And bingo-- another wonderful horse finds his people!
    OK folks-- all these great geldings are finding homes, so it's time to step up for the mares! There are some real lovelies awaiting.
    Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    But yes, the great news just keeps coming.
    YAY! Thats great news! I know things are moving along and there are a lot of great horses left, and time is ticking down for the season. I hope they all get warm cozy barns for the holidays! I look forward to the updates of horses going to their new homes.

Awww....I already LOVE Teahupoo....why does the barn have to already be full? Hmmm....maybe worth a lotto ticket. lol
    Last edited by Callista17; Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Teahuppo to Teahupoo because anon123456 did;) And I read his equibase!

AND---Teahupoo won yesterday too!

Is January Baby still available? I don't want to bother her trainer if she has been gone forever. I am in love with both January Baby and Teconic Girl. Hope they both find terrific homes soon or I may need to make one more trip up north.
    Last edited by anon123456; Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: corrected Teahupoo's name from Teahuppo

Default January Baby

Quote Originally Posted by anon123456 View Post
    AND---Teahuppo won yesterday too!

Is January Baby still available? I don't want to bother her trainer if she has been gone forever. I am in love with both January Baby and Teconic Girl. Hope they both find terrific homes soon or I may need to make one more trip up north.
    Hi! Yes January Baby is still available. She is a total sweetheart. I've ridden her a couple of times and groomed her and trimmed her feet. Her trainer would really like to find her a good home so if you are interested or know someone who is, let me know.

Thanks!

Covenhill, thank you! I will see how things stand after this weekends rains (if the barn does not flood in my extra stall) and then I will be making a call. I have Pave the Way and Pure Business here now and they are both terrific gals.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123456 View Post
    Covenhill, thank you! I will see how things stand after this weekends rains (if the barn does not flood in my extra stall) and then I will be making a call. I have Pave the Way and Pure Business here now and they are both terrific gals.
    I'm very excited to learn you're interested in January Baby. Bill's horses are great and this one is very sweet. Fingers are crossed your barn does not flood!!