The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thank you for the update on Suzie Q.. but as FG said..,"clear as mud" in my head.. I thought the FB page had disappeared as mentioned here a while back and did not try to find it again... I have to make a file with all the FLF links!! And this is just for my personal interest as I am not in the market at all. But FL seems to have REALLY nice horses so it's fun to look at them!

Hoping Suzie Q keeps improving. She is a very lucky horse!

Was just on FB and realized there are two separate FB pages, one for the new Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds, Inc. and one for the Finger Lakes Trainers' List.

I swear there was an older one, that I had "liked" and hence where I saw Suzie Q, but I guess that is no longer in existence?
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    Was just on FB and realized there are two separate FB pages, one for the new Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds, Inc. and one for the Finger Lakes Trainers' List.

I swear there was an older one, that I had "liked" and hence where I saw Suzie Q, but I guess that is no longer in existence?
    I published the first facebook page when I was president of FLF, Inc. I resigned from that organization. When I resigned the Incorporation remained an entity. Facebook pages must be set up by individuals and can not be transferred from one person to another, therefore I could not transfer that page to a flf board member and I had to delete that page per directions from the VP of FLF. When I was criticized for "hi-jacking" that page by another member of FLF I gave it back to them, along with the logo I drew. Then FLF, Inc. reported me to facebook for misusing their corporate material (the logo I drew which is based on my horse Forgotten Cat ) After that fiasco I took the page down and with it went the information about Susie.

But, since I own Susie and I remain very active on the backside of Finger Lakes I created a new facebook page and continue to report about Susie and the horses I list from Finger Lakes there: http://https://www.facebook.com/#!/F...esTrainersList

And the upshot for me is if I want to use my drawing of Forgotten Cat I have to go to court.

So that should make everything clear as mud.

PS Can anyone explain to me how to make links work? I can't for the life of me get then to actually link. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    PS Can anyone explain to me how to make links work? I can't for the life of me get then to actually link. Many thanks
    Type in some text and then highlight the sentence or phrase you want as a link. Click on the symbol that has a little globe with a metal chain link and then paste/type in the address into that field. The address will need an "http://" part to work. Hopefully that helps
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Wait, I'm confused. If you drew the logo for the corporation while acting as president of the corporation, and the corporation then adopted it as its logo and used it, why would you get to take the company's logo with you when you resign?

If Steve Jobs had resigned from Apple he wouldn't get to take the striped apple with him. The striped apple belongs to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    I published the first facebook page when I was president of FLF, Inc. I resigned from that organization. When I resigned the Incorporation remained an entity. Facebook pages must be set up by individuals and can not be transferred from one person to another, therefore I could not transfer that page to a flf board member and I had to delete that page per directions from the VP of FLF. When I was criticized for "hi-jacking" that page by another member of FLF I gave it back to them, along with the logo I drew. Then FLF, Inc. reported me to facebook for misusing their corporate material (the logo I drew which is based on my horse Forgotten Cat ) After that fiasco I took the page down and with it went the information about Susie.

But, since I own Susie and I remain very active on the backside of Finger Lakes I created a new facebook page and continue to report about Susie and the horses I list from Finger Lakes there: http://https://www.facebook.com/#!/F...esTrainersList

And the upshot for me is if I want to use my drawing of Forgotten Cat I have to go to court.

So that should make everything clear as mud.

Unless ownership of the logo had been transferred via contract to the organization, either prior to Incorporation or after, BY SUZANNE, then she still owns it.

And why would "the organization" want to keep it anyway? If there was obviously a fracture of some sort and the logo is a likeness of the former president's own horse. It's not like use of the logo was wide-spread and there was any sort of brand identity involved. I've only seen the logo twice, once on this thread, and then recently on the new FB page.

Anyway. At the end of the day all that matters are the horses. Best of luck to both parties.

you have too many http codes
    Try this one https://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesTrainersList

and yes, I had liked this page before...
    Hopefully, it will stay with my "liked" pages now!

In the Spring of 2012 most of the members of FLF attended the Western New york Horse Council Equifest. We met many OTTB friends who were familiar with Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds. We had so many requests for more info and literature we decided to sketch out a logo. Buffalo Colleen sketched out that logo on a napkin based on the image of Forgotton Cat. Rhymes W/Orange paid for the graphics. That napkin still exsists!

What will donations be used for? The listings have always been solely a listing service... will the new nonprofit be taking in horses and getting them ready for sale/adoption?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

I realize the discussion about the logo is splitting hairs to a degree and I'm clearly on the outside, but being a graphic designer who deals with creative property all the time, I find it interesting.

Especially because it clearly represents a major disconnect between the parties involved that I suspect goes beyond logo usage.

I hope that disconnect has not reached the backside, as it'd be a shame to see the integrity of the service diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by redsryding View Post
    In the Spring of 2012 most of the members of FLF attended the Western New york Horse Council Equifest. We met many OTTB friends who were familiar with Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds. We had so many requests for more info and literature we decided to sketch out a logo. Buffalo Colleen sketched out that logo on a napkin based on the image of Forgotton Cat. Rhymes W/Orange paid for the graphics. That napkin still exsists!
    All are scanned in my computer and I can clarify this statement if I wish. RhymesW/Orange paid for a totally different graphic which I assumed you would use. Instead you used the one I drew. Careful with the truth please.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    I realize the discussion about the logo is splitting hairs to a degree and I'm clearly on the outside, but being a graphic designer who deals with creative property all the time, I find it interesting.

Especially because it clearly represents a major disconnect between the parties involved that I suspect goes beyond logo usage.

I hope that disconnect has not reached the backside, as it'd be a shame to see the integrity of the service diminished.
    Well said . I hope everyone can work toward the good of the horses and set egos aside.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Default Nicoletti Placed

The same friend of mine that found the horses we rescued last December just bought Nicoletti. We took my truck and trailer this morning and he is safely tucked in her barn with plans to train him as a hunter.

I will post more later, I have to run.

Christa

Quote Originally Posted by Christa P View Post
    The same friend of mine that found the horses we rescued last December just bought Nicoletti. We took my truck and trailer this morning and he is safely tucked in her barn with plans to train him as a hunter.

Christa
    YAY!!!!! I've been on the phone and email all day about him. I LOVE THIS HORSE!!!!! YAY!!!!! (although I a little sad because he was coming here if no one stepped up by Monday) YIPPEE YAY!!!

Let's not worry about board logistics...there's some cute new horses to discuss!!!

That makes me so happy! I spoke with SEPowell today about him. He sounds like a wonderful guy. Best of luck to him and his new owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon.Ryan18 View Post
    Let's not worry about board logistics...there's some cute new horses to discuss!!!
    Yes, however, I think it is reasonable to ask about board logistics. Especially for those of us who have followed the listings for years and supported its mission. Not to mention the FLF is now a 501c3 and taking donations... it is fair to ask what the mission and vision is in that sense.
    Last edited by FlashGordon; Aug. 29, 2012 at 09:32 AM.

I meant more about member titles and that lot. Non-profit status and mission statement/vision are totally worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christa P View Post

Christa
    Awesome news, so glad to hear!! I shall move on to lusting after Brolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon.Ryan18 View Post
    I meant more about member titles and that lot. Non-profit status and mission statement/vision are totally worth discussing.
    But maybe on a separate thread?