The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for a small pasture companion (Western NY)

My barn at home will soon be empty besides my retired mare that I've decided to keep, and I'm looking for a little "pasture puff" to keep her company. I'd prefer a miniature horse or donkey, but would consider a small pony. I have no gender preference, other than the fact that I don't want a stud.

Pony/donkey and my horse will be turned out in a large field with trees for shade, a shed that will comfortably fit the both of them (with cement floors and mats to ensure that it stays dry), lots of nice grass, and monitored hay intake when needed (as well as given grain if need be), and will spend the winter (blanketed) in my very warm barn. They'll both be seen regularly by a vet and farrier.

I have years of experience being the only caregiver to our show horses that were kept at home, and I'd love to be able to give someone the peace of mind of knowing that their little guy or girl will get a forever home with the best care I can provide.

If I have to pick up the pony, I'd like to only travel a maximum of three hours (but the closer the better!).
    I can provide references and any other information you might want.
    You can PM me, or email me (which I'm more likely to respond to) at AlyssaSpellman@aol.com if you have something that might work, or if you can point me in the right direction.
    "It's hard to wait for something you know might not happen, but it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want."
    Blog | YouTube

I'm looking for a home for a 15H appendix mare who would love nothing more than to be a pasture puff. Please PM me for more information if you'd consider someone her size!

Hi there!

I am emailing you... Please see my post about my companion mare available (14hh haflinger).

Thanks and good luck to you!