The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default All Smiles!

So, I have a student who is a new rider and in her 50s. Long story short she ended up with a hustler trainer who sold her a horse whom I raised from 10 days old. (How they ended up with him is a different and unpleasant tale, but doesn't matter now that he has an amazing home).

After several months of getting no where and the horse becoming worse behaved she decided, something is wrong here and took him to her home. I received a call from her after she tracked me down asking if I could help her.

WELL! that was back in Jan/feb time frame. (She had never ridden before and had bad instruction from the hustler trainer.) This morning we mounted up together and she went on her first real trail ride Desert style!

I couldn't have been more proud of her. She has gone from an anxious insecure rider to....well, have a look at the pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=9e93178aed

I just had to share, makes me heart so happy to see.
    “Four things greater than all things are, - Women and Horses and Power and War”

Awww....they look like a good team!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

They are. I can't imagine a better home for this guy

Wonderful! Good job.

That's awesome! Someone with a less patient or helpful personality may have brushed her aside, laughed at her naivety, and silently cussed the hustler trainer but YOU did the right thing. With wonderful results! So happy that worked out for everyone in the end!

Some of my favorite students are mature women who have always wanted to ride but never had the opportunity.
    They have this amazing combination of the passion and excitement of a 12 year old girl with her first horse and all the life experience that has taught them patience and tenacity.
    This woman is those!
    And a bonus for me, someone to ride with as she lives just down the road from the ranch

Good for her! I can see why you're so proud. She certainly doesn't look like a beginner.
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Fantastic end to what could have been a terrible situation for both horse and rider. Sounds like your horse ended up with a great owner, and you ended up with a great student/riding buddy! Woohoo on all accounts!

Woohoo is right on the money!!!