The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Your fave tacky tack (a spin off)

So I have (well it was its faded to non tacky now ) a bright pink longe whip. Pale pink bell boots, which clash wonderfully with the horse I bought them for. She is a very orange chestnut. I am thinking of matching it up with a fun saddle pad that is a pinky mauve with what is either stylized flowers or fireworks. Oh and my helmet cover has pink on it!

On the now locked thread there were some fabulous examples. And now I want a leopard print browband for said orange mare.. sigh.

I love fun tacky stuff as long as its safe and comfortable for all the participants (victims?)

Whats your fave piece of tacky tack? Or what do you covet that is less than classically stylish?

We have a nylon western head stall with matching split reins. Purple, with purple and yellow and blue Navajo type patterned ribbon on it.

I love it. But need to replace one of the buckles, cheap aluminum pos's snapped on me one day when I was adjusting it.

I don't know if it's tacky, but I want a purple plaid halter for the new mare.

and I'm guilty of frequenting Whinnywear to see what new patterns they have for polos etc. Haven't ordered anything, yet. But so tempted.
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5

The only obnoxious tack item I own is a bright pink lunge line. Mine always seemed to walk off in the past, and never returned. Now I'm the only one in the barn with a bright pink line and it doesn't go missing.

Everything else I own is pretty normal.

I have a penchant for leopard print. I have a matching pad and polos that I like to embarrass my trainer with. Always get comments on my leopard gloves (Doug Payne, Lucinda Green and countless locals). I found a roll of leopard duct tape on my tack trunk the morning of a HT and I use it for my horse's boot and my numbers all the time! I'm always keeping my eyes open for more.

Well, it's not obnoxious, but I LOVE my fake suede western saddle. So light! So comfy!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Red face

My all time ever favorite was my '94 pink abetta AP saddle with added on teal tie downs and pink + teal halter-bridle.

I had so much fun with that.
    Unfortunately neither piece of gear is available any longer
    Last edited by 5; May. 8, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

I file these under "awesome" vs. tacky

zebra polos - http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...84730738_n.jpg
    Equine Web Design & Marketing
    designequine.org

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

I have an Electric Blue longe whip for the same reason as Senszuri

Otherwise I am pretty B-o-r-i-n-g:
    navy, burgundy, black, white pads, halters, leads, etc.
    The "wildest" item I own is a burgundy saddle pad trimmed with navy binding and gold piping.
    It is almost 20 years old and showing considerable wear
    I used to call it Vern's Andy Frain Usher uniform

It took an Act of Will for me to order my buckskin a red blanket at a great sale price since the navy in his size was out of stock.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

I bought Aven what used to be the bright pink lunge whip. I keep reading zebra polos. I don't have my own horse but OMG the need for zebra polos..

I saw locally pink camo polos and a matching saddle pad. I's be all over that too. Apparently I like tacky tack, and that's okay.

hehehe I didn't realize just how tacky my taste was until I read the other thread

Abby's color is purple! She's a chestnut, and her brushes are purple, her brush box is purple, she has not one but 2 purple nylon halters, a purple cotton lead rope, a purple nylon 12ft lead rope, a purple saddle pad to match her purple bell boots, purple eat net bug cover things, a purple lunge line, and her bugspray bottle is purple (not totally on purpose ).

If she needed boots or polo wraps, or really any other things (blankets, sleezies, flymasks etc) those would probably be purple too!

Personally, I think she looks great in purple and it makes is super easy to keep my stuff separated from everybody elses!!! And for the record, I do have some non-purple stuff to show in that is more "proper"

Bright blue neoprene halfchaps?

Matching blue rubber reins from Nunn Finer?

Matching blue saddle pad? (Oh yeah, and now I have a royal blue helmet cover too)

Or maybe the sunny yellow saddle pad...

Yeah, I'm a rider with one horse, two saddles, two bridles, three or four bits, several halters, half a dozen lead ropes, probably about ten or twelve saddle pads, three whips (one of which is a royal blue dressage whip with a bling-y handle), a couple extra sets of reins, two turnout blankets, two helmets, five pairs of (human) boots....

You get the idea. I don't know where it all comes from, really. It just....follows me home? I keep meaning to sell the extra stuff but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

EDIT: and seeing that I have a black and white horse...I'm seriously tempted to procure some cow-print stuff. For the record.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

not mine, but I was jump-judging once and really enjoyed seeing the person on a leopard appy who had managed to clash beautifully with the horse's spots by wearing pink zebra stripes on everything possible- saddle pad, horse boots, helmet cover, etc.

I love saddle pads in every color, and I love my striped blue/purple/green nylon clip on reins. I use them to ride in my nylon halter

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Bright blue neoprene halfchaps?

EDIT: and seeing that I have a black and white horse...I'm seriously tempted to procure some cow-print stuff. For the record.
    THAT. would. be. AWESOME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    I don't know if it's tacky, but I want a purple plaid halter for the new mare.
    ummmmmm, I NEED the link to this!!!

Oh yeah! We have this cute little abetta youth saddle
    http://www.ecrater.com/p/10764135/ab...e-12-20509-2dv

best part about ours is it's youth, but it's big enough my tiny bum fits in it I'm not ashamed to be seen in it

and I want to get this one for my daughter:
    http://www.equinesaddlery.com/15253-...etta-youth.jpg

LOL! I was thinking of starting a "bling my horse" thread!

I don't have any tacky tack except for the black and pink butterfly helmet cover that looks a bit like http://www.amazon.com/Equestrian-Rid.../dp/B004BWYEPA except mine has a black background.

I was thinking about getting some ear nets for Fella. I have no freakin' idea what they're for, but I'm thinking a big red horse needs bright pink ear nets https://rainbowsendtack.com/WesternT...oriesPage2.htm

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

My Appy mare had a tie-dyed saddle pad, tie-dyed leg wraps, tie-dyed halter, and a biothane headstall where every piece was a different color. Well, as an App, she was sort of tie-dyed to begin with! Just remember what Willem said about the ugly ass tack!

Quote Originally Posted by abbbalonian twist View Post
    THAT. would. be. AWESOME!!!!!

ummmmmm, I NEED the link to this!!!
    I think Dover had one on their site

http://www.doversaddlery.com/flex-ri...ter/p/X1-0505/

and I just love me some whinnywear tackyness
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/whinneywear

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post

I was thinking about getting some ear nets for Fella. I have no freakin' idea what they're for, but I'm thinking a big red horse needs bright pink ear nets https://rainbowsendtack.com/WesternT...oriesPage2.htm

Paula
    You can get those with beading so they sparkle in the sun. I LOVE mine, but then I don't believe there is ever enough bling in the world. Ever.

I think Mondy needs bright pink ear nets too! (Altho I'd really get them in black, he hates pink . . . .)
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!