The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Didya see the new one? Bad enough for Carrie Coker, Tracy Baer's assistant, that she'll now be called "Carne" (yes, as in Carne Asada) for the rest of her life...

BUT THEN, and this is a direct quote:

"Randy currently rides at Meady Grove Farms with Franci Dinewudel..."

DINEWUDEL?

How the hell can you get "Deinwudel" out of "Steinwedell?"

Gotta love it! Laughing out loud!

PS: Hey Bumpkin, can't find your address, email it to me and I'll send you this one...

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Didya see the new one? Bad enough for Carrie Coker, Tracy Baer's assistant, that she'll now be called "Carne" (yes, as in Carne Asada) for the rest of her life...

BUT THEN, and this is a direct quote:

"Randy currently rides at Meady Grove Farms with Franci Dinewudel..."

DINEWUDEL?

How the hell can you get "Deinwudel" out of "Steinwedell?"

Gotta love it! Laughing out loud!

PS: Hey Bumpkin, can't find your address, email it to me and I'll send you this one...

yes we read it JUST for the typos! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

OMG coreene, this is tooooooooooo funny!!! I hadn't given it a good look, then read what you posted. They have reached an all time low...Hmmmm wonder how everyone likes paying for all the typo's? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Original Poster

The scary part is that "Dinewudel" was in a STORY! HelLO, does no one there proof? Do these clients not demand ad proofs? And it's really unfortunate, because they are using a really nice high end paper, and their graphics aren't that bad.

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

considering I got a total of 2 magazines in a year for my $35..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] (not counting the issue coreene so kindly sent me) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wonder if the multiple gripes I posted about it here had anything to do with the wonderful customer service I received for my money? Actually, probably not, considering other people's experiences with the magazine.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I may have to check the issues I have for any spectacular typos. Nothing will probably top that butchering of poor Francie's name though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by dublin on May. 21, 2001 at 06:14 PM.]

[This message was edited by dublin on May. 21, 2001 at 06:15 PM.]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Coreene, why don't you contact Judith Spreckles!! haha
    I have suggested it to Merry, but, you could if you want.
    Maybe we can get her to take it back!! And make it the same magazine it once was [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I know, I am dreaming..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Why is it that the magazine shows up in the tack stores before it reaches its subscribers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I vote to bring back Judy Spreckles, "In One Ear" and "Whinnies form the Nursery" (sic) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

assuming it actually REACHES it's subscribers (see above LOL)!!!

I bought several 1980's HORSES on ebay, and thought they were a big step down from the issues in the 60's and 70's, when Judith Spreckles was publishing it.

I still wish someone would do a 'where are they now' update type of interview with her. The stories she could tell (and did!) way back when.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

OK I've seen this magazine and it's typos... WHO is the editor of this publication? This is just AWFUL!! It's a pretty magazine.. pretty pictures, nice way of publication.. but the editing skills are quite frightening [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] <--a really big eeeek

I have to admit that I finally picked up a copy that had been gathering dust in my (eventing) tack room from Summer 2000 after reading all about it on this board. The pictures were beautiful, and I loved the tribute pages. I can't believe the number of ponies that some of these kids show! Yikes! And the tag line on some of the "for sale" ads that says, "for SERIOUS inquiries only!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Umm, okay. Hey, I know that when a price isn't listed it means "IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, YOU CAN'T AFFORD ME!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It was quite enjoyable to flip through!

What can I say, coreene, but that those are amazing typos! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

And yet, people still feel compelled to pay $$$ to run their ads and contribute press releases. You wonder if the door is open to some competition in the ol' horse show mag biz??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Original Poster

Merry, you and Beezer and I together - I can hear the money rolling in. Oh well ... a nice thought and we can just keep laughing until then.

Does anyone else who is an ex subscriber get sent every six months or so the same one-sheet reminder to re-join? Mine expired in Dec 1999 and I just got yet another solicitation yesterday.

Original Poster

Funny how they can do that but not spell check.

I know I mentioned this before - a friend sent them an email some time ago re this, politely pointing it out, and they sent one back which said "were (sic) laughing all the way to the bank."

Too funny Glimmerglass,
    Yes, I'm an ex-subscriber - they could never bother to answer my e-mails,etc. re why I NEVER EVER got issues on time, if at all. I've recently gotten two of those subscription flyers in the mail. I had to laugh - at first I thought someone was FINALLY answering my inquiries. NOT

Hmmm, what about a mass email??? http://www.showcircuit.com Of course, it will only work if they read them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

how come their website name is spelld rite?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Too funny, Patty Boyd.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"We are the most talked-about equestrian publication on the show circuit, and are considered by many to be the finest publication serving the United States. "

Too funny this is what they say about themselves. But the only thing people are talking about is the poor proof reading skills.

Who are these people that consider this the finest publication serving the United States???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]