The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

well, if you wait long enough, it will pop itself out eventually, probably next time you go #2.
    And don't ask me how I know that!!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

>^.,.^<

"If you can't convince them, confuse them" -Dr. Seuss

~~Linda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Agree with sitting in the tub. The water will fill it up and it's get slippery....you're probably at the end of your cycle and are too light/dry for tampons.

Although BlueGreenBlue's suggestions sounds accurate too- I hear all sorts of "stuff" comes out when you're trying to push a baby out.

So try to go into labor in the tub or on the pot!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I bet the string is just missing...pushed up or something.

Please keep us updated!

What kinda dude is this? Does he specialize? Maybe he's a doctor?

Sorry for the lack of support. I'll be civil now...it's the next day, I am getting ready to leave for the track, and yet I sit here at 6 am waiting in suspense for further word from Oops....btw, lame joke...this is your second time? Oops you did it again...ar har har *wipes tear*

*J*

"Is that YOUR funky tune?"-Raymond T.
    -The Girl With Endoscope Eyes

Deep space - corner of no and where (aka Texas)

Well, I obviously don't and haven't needed tampons in 8 months, but I must say, y'all are just making me feel SO good about what awaits me at the end of my ninth month. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

"We can talk...or not talk...for hours, and still find things to not talk about!"

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

...go right to the source [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.tampax.com/en_us/pages/qu...=tp0005#ar0106

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

No new posts...Good...must have been resolved. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Guess I have the dubious distinction of being the *thread* killer on this one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Guess the *string* just played itself out... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh, my bad! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]...seriously, you will be ok.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(snort-snicker) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]....er..sorry! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BTDT! I went to the doctor and had him remove it...he ROFL saying, yeah, it's probably not in there - you prob forgot you removed it - then ROFL again when he realized I was right!
    Seriously, I've had toxic shock (so haven't used them in years - ick) but I hope you didn't leave it in there too long! Watch out for infection! Good luck!

My horse bucked off your honor student!

Founder: LOFL (lawn ornaments for life) clique

I started using this thing a year ago, still have some OB tampons around in places in case I start when I'm not at home.

http://www.keeper.com

I haven't bought tampons in a year, do still buy liners for my heavy day, just as I did w/ tampons.

It is actually better than tampons for riding as there is no string, and it is much better for the environment.

OMG!

Where did you find out about such a thing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Any danger of something like that getting stuck or slipping out? I just saw the picture - I'll go back and investigate the website further. Edit: WAIT that thing is a joke right?

I am wondering too how everything turned out last night. Maybe this guy runs his own business - tampon extraction - does he come in with KY in his toolbelt? Is there a 1-800 number on the back of the box? Was he at least cute?

We sell the Keeper at the health food store I work at...every once in a while I have a look at one and think...

Why?

and then...

How?

and then I go back to putting bottles of herbal pms formula on the shelf.

They have the no questions asked, full return policy, and we've had a couple come back.

Yeuuchhh.

I also tend to associate the Keeper with a roan named "Keeper" that I used to ride. Not a good thing.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Katie~
    "The earth shook, the beach grass trembled, he propelled himself forward, and he flew." ~Mark Helprin
    I'm not one to say I toadaso. But I toadaso. - Ricky

Why isn't that thing sweeping the nation? It looks like an automotive part. Why the hell am I so fascinated with this thread?

Saddlefitter - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way - just having some fun.

Saddlefitter - that thing is just not right. It's a plunger. No matter how I turn the image around in my poor little wooden head, it's still a plunger.

You know, I just saw Margaret Cho's video, The Notorious C.H.O. and I can say I blushed less watching it than I have at this thread.

Which leads me to my own little story. Picture Joliemom camping in Virginia's beautiful Fairystone Park, and IT starts, and she has no implements. She has a friend drive her to a nearby old country store, adored for its fullsize cutout of the dearly deaparted Dale Earnhardt. Joliemom takes a quick trip through the store, doesn't see what she needs, so starts to leave. Cashier, an older woman, asks,

"Didja find what you needed?"

Nope. Joliemom gives her that secret look known only by women.

"Ohhh, we have those."

Woman searches around under the Earnhardt cutout. Joliemom quips, "Dale said yawl don't have any."

Woman replies, "Awww, he don't know everythin'."

She finds the product, I pay for it, and return to basecamp's bathroom. Notice BOX is covered in dust. Wonder when pad product last came in a BOX. Open up to find that pad product...

DOES NOT HAVE THE STICKY TAPE!!!!

Yes, I have bought the last box of Belt Required pads left in the US of A. I considered donating them to a women's museum or auctioning them on Ebay.

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops

<shrug>

Why would I be offended? Joke away. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I find it humorous that women are still so squeamish about their own body [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]. I used the non-applicator OB for years, can't stand the applicator variety.

Yes, I use it, no it is not a joke, and yes, it works quite well. The best thing, I haven't had an overnight leak since I started to use it, even if I don't use it during the day, I'd use it at night.

I first saw a reference to it, some 5 years ago...saw it, thought about it and ignored it. Then a little over a year ago, stumbled across a person who used it and recommended it, I figured I'd try it, it worked. It is actually easier to use on those light days when a tampon ends up too dry.

I don't use it if I have to go somewhere where there are portapotties and it is the heavy day, it does require emptying about 3-4x on my heaviest day to not leak and doing that in a portapotty would be gross. Easier to just do tampons if that is the case.

Some people experience less cramping when they use it (instead of tampons), I think mine are less, but they were never awful.

The risks of TSS are much lower with this as well.

I got home from my new waitressing job at 2:15 last night and read through this thread...I'm so sorry Oops but it made my night!!! I was cracking up! I've never done that but I have always worried about doing that...I hope you got it all worked out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!! I started at Cosi and didn't spill anything on anyone (yet), Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

TSS - yes, I guess the risks w/b lower...I think the risk is from the material the tampon is made of and it's being left in too long...I was told I could use 100% cotton tampons, but I didn't want to go thru TSS again - ugh!
    Isn't it messy to empty the keeper?
    To be horse rlated, I suppose having to pee in a stall would be out of the question?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Satan's Panites on fire with Liberaces hair andngreasy KFC Chicken hijacking the number 32 Bus from Anacostia...............
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Moesha, you almost made me pee my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Formerly greengrl

"We like to walk..."

\"Horse sense is what a horse has that keeps him from betting on people\"
    W.C. Fields
    1880 - 1948

sounds like it could be a good thing. I'd have to let that whole concept sink in though. I tried the OBB and forget it. I think I did more damage than necessary. What is the slippage rate? There have been a few times when I've been riding and in pain because the stupid tampon would kind of slip out a bit. Emptying it out? I don't know. You know no matter what method is used, the disposal part is always the grossest!

Way too far OT, gambit, check private topics.