The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> OB tampons don't even HAVe strings <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~~ Does killing time hurt eternity?~~
    Auventera Two:Some women would eat their own offspring if they had some dipping sauce.

OB makes two kinds, but they're best known for the applicator-free kind. Which I, for the life of me, could not figure out how to use. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    Website/Journal (Both Updated 12/24)
    "These critics and these trust fund kids try to tell me what punk is, but when I see them on the street they got nothing to say..." -Good Charlotte

Oh good grief. I'm the first poster on the second page of a tampon topic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

But I want to know if Oops was successful in her, um, quest.

~Erin B #1
    "These critics and these trust fund kids try to tell me what punk is, but when I see them on the street they got nothing to say..." -Good Charlotte

How long has it been in? If it's in longer and is more full, it's going to be easier to get out. I agree that getting into a bath and removing it there is a good idea. It won't be dry and rub on the way out. Don't be tense, just sit in the bath and slowly give it a try. Things like this happen all the time, you'll live.

~Veronica

"The Son Dee Times"
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Punchin0 Guest

I swear I forgot my sig said that! lol, that's what it's been from the beginnin'... hehe... whoops. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] my bad! lol... actually, Jordan, Phil's the one that said that. hehehe.

"Keep 'em between your legs"..
    *Kate*

Has happened to me too!

But now I wear pads...nearing the pause, but still have bleeds sometimes like now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Tampons hurt too much. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

to keep this horse-related, the GWV Always carries one in her fanny pack.

In fact volunteering in Canada at the Pan-Am Games, another GWV asked me if I had a spare, "of course"

BarbaraG
    GWV/always prepared for "Mother Nature" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I never thought I'd be offering this kind of advice over the internet, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] BLUSH! But here goes...another thing [I think I heard this on the radio acutally] - try squatting - this, er, um, shortens the, um.......try squatting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

you could go to the emergency room if you're freaking and really can't get it out... (i won't tell the story of me and what happened back in the day when those contraceptive sponges were popular. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img])

and, FWIW, all the ob tampons i've ever used have strings.... just no applicator.

Could be she's putting those OB's in upside down! I mean, if she can't see the string! Now, if Oops gets really tensed up, it may be pretty darn tough to remove for a while. Try squatting and PUSHING at the same time. ANd breathe, for God's sake!!!!

"What time is it?"
    \"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it.\" -Marge Simpson

I'm sorry but this is too funny...How far did you put it in? I mean really it should be within easy reach!! I would hope, otherwise where did it go [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Now according to the time posted I am hoping you have it out by now?? Oh do let us know.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'd rather be riding!
    I\'d rather be riding!

Maybe she got stuck??

~Erin B #1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JuniorJumper01:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *In Your Dreams*:
    That is why I am a sanitary napkin girl
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh the insanity! I was weaned off those after about 2 soccer games. Haha! I'd rather pull 10 defective tampons out (not at the same time of course) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] than use one of those cursed feminine articles.

How to make this horse related....
    Oh yes! Tampons are much, much, much better for riding (comfort-wise anyway) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A-freaking-men! LOL, I swear I refuse to ride when there are no tampons in the house! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Rush Hour~
    *Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*

"He has galloped through young girl's dreams,
    added richness to grown women's lives,
    and served men in war and strife."
    ~Toni Robinson

*Britney*
    ~Rush Hour~

**Proud owner of a spunky Alydar grandson**

I just have to say that if anyone ever needs help in the field of tampon application (I don't know about removal. . .), FatLilPony is the woman for the job. What with her foolproof visual aids and all.

Edited: Hmm, I can't find the best one... of her demonstrating step two. This is step one. (AKA, "this is a tampon.") Oh well, if anyone viewed the infamous pic thread back in April, you'll know what I mean.

~Erin B #1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitwithatampon.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	8496  

!
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Are you doing OK yet?
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

...who knows about these things, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] you can simply put another tampon in alongside the other one, wait, and when you take the new one out, the old one should come out with it. Tampons can't "get lost," so you should be able to find it. I hate to sound gross, but maybe try using a mirror?

Anyway, I was an all-napkin girl until I was 18. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] How I ever survived riding that way, I don't know. But once I tried a "cork," as one of my friends so eloquently called them, there was no going back.

I don't know anything about the O.B.'s. I'm a classic Tampax chick! Biodegradable, flushable wrapper AND applicator. Feminine products are so bad for the environment, I figure it's the least I can do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck with your...er...predicament. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Sara
    *Charter member of the GM Fan Club*
    *Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron*

oops Guest

Heh, no luck yet but a very brave friend of mine is on his way to help me out. The sad part is I don't wear tampons very often because this same thing happened to me a few years ago, and this same friend helped me out back then too.
    Even scarier, I'm not the only female that he has helped in this, er, predicament.
    Sorry to have posted this, although I did notice someone "cough Fjord cough" was amused. I'm just sorta freaking out here, and it's been there for about 16 hours now, and i'm starting to get a fever. Probably psychosomatic since I am the drame queen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbt78lw:
    ...who knows about these things, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] you can simply put another tampon in alongside the other one, wait, and when you take the new one out, the old one should come out with it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, let me say that this is one thread I never thought I'd post to. Secondly, although I can vouch from personal experience that what sbt78lw's mom says is true, I wouldn't recommend it. Due to a very unfortunately timed memory lapse, I once found myself attempting to remove two tampons at once, and it was the single most excruciating, agonizing moment of my life - it may very well have served to cement my decision never to reproduce. Admittedly, the things were of the super-ultra-mega absorbant variety and could probably have held a couple bucketfuls of fluid. But seriously, if two tampons made me want to die, then I find it very hard to believe that trying to eject a creature the size of a watermelon from my uterus really wouldn't finish me off once and for all.

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.kachoom.com

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

My goodness girl, you should be able to get it out without a guy friend ummm that is kind of worrisome. Both in the way that you need a guy and he has done this before(by the way how exactly did he do it?) and that it is still in there. Fever I would say because you are freaking out totally. Relax it can't be so far away that you can't reach it? Okay so lets think of something calming and reach in and get that sucker!!!!Tweezers???

I'd rather be riding!
    I\'d rather be riding!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm just sorta freaking out here, and it's been there for about 16 hours now, and i'm starting to get a fever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Relax. TSS is so incredibly, incredibly uncommon. Like... I'd be less surprised if you got anthrax or something.

2. I've accidentally left them in for 24 hours before. I wouldn't recommend it, but I did live to tell about it.

3. The fever is probably from frantic... um... search and removal efforts, or, as you said, all in your head. (Ah, you probably wish the problem was with your head right now. . .)

And the person coming over to help you out is a "he"?! And this is the SECOND time he's done this for you, AND you're not the only one he's helped?

Hmm.

~Erin B #1