The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    oops Guest

I'm a regular poster here using a new username because this is really embarassing but i really need help. The string to my tampon broke and I can't get it out. Any suggestions on what to do? Sorry to post this but I'm sorta freaking out here.

oops Guest

I'm a regular poster here using a new username because this is really embarassing but i really need help. The string to my tampon broke and I can't get it out. Any suggestions on what to do? Sorry to post this but I'm sorta freaking out here.

drink a lot of water, and PEE, really hard...

Rebecca
    http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
    http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Surgeon General's Warning: Avril Lavigne is bad for your health
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I will give a serious (and the only correct) answer:

Honey, that's why God invented fingers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm an organ donor. Are you?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Your organ there is a dead end street, so it's not going anywhere, but if it's been in there for awhile (read: all day or over 8 hours) it needs to come out. Wash your hands really well, pull, and wash again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] You're not hurting anything by pulling it out with your fingers.

If you're worrying about TSS, don't freak out. TSS was an epidemic that occured with one type of tampon long, long ago and is now discontinued. It CAN still happen, but is a rare occurence nowadays. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If I were a snowman in the summertime, there would be a meltdown around here!

Oh dear. Um, speaking from experience, you could try a warm bath and... removing it... underwater. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] I don't know if that was just a fluke, but it worked for me.

~Erin B #1
    Website/Journal (Both Updated 12/24)
    "These critics and these trust fund kids try to tell me what punk is, but when I see them on the street they got nothing to say..." -Good Charlotte

SPITTING UP LAUGHING ON MY KEYBOARD! You just need to reach up there, grab it and get it out ASAP. My goodness if that happened to your horse, you'd do the same thing to get the offending object out now wouldn't you? Hope you are okay though.

Um, goobs, if anything like that ever happened to my horse I think I'd be more worried about how it got in there than how to remove it!

~Erin B #1
    "These critics and these trust fund kids try to tell me what punk is, but when I see them on the street they got nothing to say..." -Good Charlotte

...how's it going, oops? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1

PAH HA HA HAAA!! OMG that caught me SO OFF GUARD! I am just shocked and bewildered...and amused, although I am sure you aren't, oops. Although it's nice to know if I am ever in danger, I have a tampon emergency squad on hand on the COTH forum...

This definetly needs to go down as a COTH legend...

*J*

"Is that YOUR funky tune?"-Raymond T.
    -The Girl With Endoscope Eyes

Now now Fjord Jockey, this is nothing to laugh at. It sucks when the ol' crotch rocket goes in reverse.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1

Yes yes Erin...*giggle* I'm sure Oops will be okay though, and I think it's safe to assume that "Oops" is female? Hmmm.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I must admit I admire her bravery [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

*J*

That is why I am a sanitary napkin girl hahaha. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Andrea and Dream~
    *Challenge Everything*
    Drea

Punchin0 Guest

Me too! me too! lol

"Keep 'em between your legs"..
    *Kate*

OH MY GOSH!! KATE!! LOOK AT YOUR SIG LINE!! Such a quote at a TIME LIKE THIS?! ROFL I'm gonna TELL PHILLL!!!!

*J*

OMG - that sig line was too good! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

~Andrea and Dream~
    *Challenge Everything*
    Drea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *In Your Dreams*:
    That is why I am a sanitary napkin girl
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh the insanity! I was weaned off those after about 2 soccer games. Haha! I'd rather pull 10 defective tampons out (not at the same time of course) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] than use one of those cursed feminine articles.

How to make this horse related....
    Oh yes! Tampons are much, much, much better for riding (comfort-wise anyway) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If I were a snowman in the summertime, there would be a meltdown around here!

Never happened to me or any horse I ever took care of, but I have seen novice grooms at barns I worked at (as well as vet assistants also) get the thermometer "sucked" in to the well you know where - no string on the end and there it goes. Very dangerous. It kind of gets lost in there and you have to get it out befpre something you don't want to happen happens (like it's glass and can break) (usually sedate the horse to make them relax) and then manipulate the object to help expel it. It's rare but it happens and it usually happened when novice people (if I was the manager of a barn I wouldn't authorize anyone new to take temps - but I wasn't the manager) were handling the horses. My point to oops was that if something happened to her horse(s) I am sure she would do what it would take to ensure their physical well being and she should be willing to do the same for herself (for her physical well being).

Just trying to keep it horse related. Sometimes it is NOT comfortable when riding! Okay I won't go there but my God those things can hurt when they are half out and you are on xc and can't do a damn thing about it!!! Sanitary pads, ooh they can rub and if you are a waxed woman that can hurt even more. This thread is hilarious!

Don't forget that OB tampons don't even HAVe strings..... For those who use them, the method recommended to OOPS is the ONLY way to extricate them.

So, OOPS, don't feel like you are the only one in the world (or even this minute) in, er, this position. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm an organ donor. Are you?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

I don't know which OB tampons you are using, but mine DEFINITELY have a string.

Rebecca
    http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
    http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Surgeon General's Warning: Avril Lavigne is bad for your health
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!