The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Did I miss the thread in which a bunch of us puked when they saw that ad?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Did I miss the thread in which a bunch of us puked when they saw that ad?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I read that ad, and thought there would be a big topic on this here. Guess not...

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thank you Coreene.
    I also hope that the new Amature Issue does not feature a client of Mr PV like it did last year.
    I love my weekly COTH but that is one article that I did not like.
    JMHO of course

"Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies Clique"

Coreene, I assume you are referring to a "Thank You" ad that was run that thanked PV.

Every time I see one of those I puke and then I want to hop on here and start a big old thread about it.

And then I stop myself because I know we have a classic 20+ page PV thread already. Actually we have several. In which I expressed my opinion loudly.

But to clarify your post - you are referring to a "Thank You" ad, no?

Nooooooooooo..........stop tempting me!

That amateur is no longer a customer of PV's. (she didn't leave voluntarily either)

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

My issue won't be arriving for a week or so, but I'm already gagging! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

but something to the effect of Because he donated 1/2 of his lesson proceeds, there was a big donation to the ASPCA or Humane Society or something.

Gag me with a spoon.

Why not have donated that ad $$ to the ASPCA as well?

[This message was edited by Coreene on Nov. 25, 2002 at 01:22 PM.]
    EDDIE WOULD GO

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

The thing I hated about it the most was it left the impression the ad might have been placed by the ASPCA!

Where is the retching graemlin????

PS-VTRider, I tried. I really, really tried! But hey! At least I didn't start it!!!

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flashy Gray:

And then I stop myself because I know we have a classic 20+ page PV thread already. Actually we have several. In which I expressed my opinion loudly.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is it? Since I have NO IDEA who this person is, and since I will never, and I mean NEVER be showing, I want to know what this is all about!

(Typed with one hand since I was eating an absolutely KILLER piece of Texas Sheet Cake with the other.)

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    but something to the effect of Because he donated 1/2 of his lesson proceeds, there was a big donation to the ASPCA or Humane Society or something.

Gag me with a spoon.

Why not have donated that $$ to the ASPCA as well, instead of spending it on an ad to blow sunshine up your own ass?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, Coreene...Lets be realistic. There is a VERY simple explanation as to why he didn't do that. The ad that would needed to be purchased to blow the amount of sunshine up that ass to brighten up the dark hole where his soul and common sense of decency used to live could NEVER be acquired with less than half the proceeds...

I mean really [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

--- And how did you feel about being denied these Hungry Hippos?
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The ad that would needed to be purchased to blow the amount of sunshine up that ass to brighten up the dark hole where his soul and common sense of decency used to live could NEVER be acquired with less than half the proceeds... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely spot on, sister!

Hitch - totally ironic that in your post on this particular thread you used the word "KILLER" - as an adjective, but I still can't get over the ironic black humour in that one.

The last massive PV thread revolved around the original ad placed by him shortly after 9/11 regarding the donation of 1/2 his training proceeds to the ASPCA. I admit I missed the 11/15/02 follow-up ad.

Hopefully that original thread is still available in the "Favorites" section. If no, it's too bad - and I must admit, although I hold very strong anti-PV opinions, those who expressed sentiments opposite of mine did so in a very clear manner.

Those posters didn't (and won't) change my mind but kudos to them for jumping into a very emotional subject.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midge:
    The thing I hated about it the most was it left the impression the ad might have been placed by the ASPCA!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thought exactly!! talk about deceiving ads!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK!!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said!

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

The ad is a 1/4 page on page 12 in large bold type, without any graphics, and reads in its entirety:

"As a result of Paul Valliere donating half of his lesson proceeds, the ASPCA has received another generous contribution to aid those animals affected during the tragedy of September 11th. We thank him!"

It has no indication of who placed the ad.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Is it made by cheerleader moms? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If it's that good, post the recipe! Or email it to me, Flash44@comcast.net.

Thanks!

...can't he just shut up and go away?

I say the same thing every time the Rev. Al Sharpton has something to say regarding ANOTHER perceived civil rights issue, every time the public hears from OJ Simpson, and every time Mike Tyson assaults someone and gets arrested...again. ENOUGH of you people already! Haven't you learned that the public spotlight does not display your charming personalities very well?

As for Paul Valliere, unless publicly advertising good deeds is part of his humane education penalty, he needs to "shut up and go away" too, and avoid publicizing his acts of contrition. It just makes him seem like even more of a pompous jerk. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Sara
    *Charter member of the GM Fan Club*
    *Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron*

And in case anyone's wondering, I am referring to the ad, not to this thread!

Ugh!!!

who IS this person?

I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be a good opportunity. - Worf
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde