The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AHC just posted on another thread that nyc-rider and her husband are ok. Thanks again AHC.

While we are all naturally extremely concerned for the safety of our fellow BBer's in NY and DC, I realized last night that we hadn't given much thought to our friends on the west coast - the destination for all the flights involved. I hope and pray that none of our west coast friends have lost family or friends in this tragedy.

there are many people from Massachusetts who lost there lives on the planes, since that is where 2 of the planes left from...including the pilot from Lowell, MA.
    \"Donuts. Is there anything they can\'t do?\"
    ~Homer

Good point Smart Alec - the impacts of this are going to be so widespread.

Hooray! Now if we can locate the others. Praying really hard for you guys!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Are nycityrider and nycitygirl one and the same? I am really getting worried about Lily [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

Before I leave for the weekend to do the stupid things I have to do instead of ride, I have to believe that the missing are just making it through chaos for now, and that they will reappear SOON.

Keep asking in my absence, please, for all those that are not here are still very much missed.

Lily has posted!! She was on vacation (thank you thank you thank you!!)

Keep the prayers and good thoughts going for the others who have not logged in yet.

Still no word from nycitygirl...does anyone know who this is and if she is okay?? Her name is Genie and she is 25, working in the NYC financial district according the the last Let's Meet posting.

Thank you all so much for your concern! I do work down there, but unfortunately have only very recently been able to get back logged in to my laptop (from home). My office is about 10 blocks south of what used to be the Trade Centers, but I was not there that morning. I spend alot of time out of the office seeing clients and was fortunately headed to midtown when this whole event happened. Unfortunately, I had clients on the 89th Floor of WTC2 (Keefe, Bryuette & Woods) who are all still unaccounted for. There are 67 people from there still missing and I knew about 20 of the traders. I am very upset, because I knew them very well and spent a considerable amount of time with them. Its very difficult to see pictures of them every time I leave my apartment, turn on the TV or open the paper. They were wonderful people and I could tell you something personal about every single one of them.

Right now I am having a very hard time dealing with all of this. I am actually planning on heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend to hopefully clear my head a bit.

I have not gone down to my office. I don't even think we have power there yet. I'm not sure when I will be able to get there, so for the time being I can log on from home. Which in one way is good, but on the other had, I feel like I'm losing my "routine."

Something else which makes this very difficult is that my father died when I was 19, and this whole staggering loss of so many people brings back so many emotions. Not to mention that my father is buried in Arlington and was a colonel in the Marines, so I'm sure he would have had some choice words about all of this. All I have to say is that I am lucky, I know where he is. I think of all of those people who are looking for closure with their loved ones.

Again thank you all so much for your concern. Sorry if this is so rambling, I'm a little out of it. Take care all.

Genie

Miniwelsh... That's very scary. I just did a Nexis search of all the major papers published over the last seven days, and no mention of any "Genie" having been reported missing.... Wait, she is back! Go, nycitygirl!
    \"It is by no means the privilege of the rider to part with his horse solely by his own will.\" -- Alois Podhajsky

\"Go on, Bill... This is no place for a pony.\"

Actually, my own stupid company had me listed as missing until last Friday, even though myself and 2 other people called in to say I was OK. And management wonders why we went bankrupt...

NYCitygirl

Welcome back nycitygirl! We were worried about you. I am so glad you are okay and so sorry about the loss of your friends and co-workers. Hang in there and know that our prayers are with you.