The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I won a 50% off breeding to any stallion at Dreamscape Farm, so I am breeding my EE Don Frederico/Warkant mare to Rubinus. I'm really excited about this cross.

I'm breeding my loan mare (De Niro x full sister to Piccolino, WEG gold medallist) to Silvermoon. I'm very excited about that. She's just been PGed and should be AIed next week.

My other mare (ID x TB) is expecting her current foal any minute. She's the size of a small bungalow and dripping milk. Once I've seen what she has to a different stallion to her previous two by Silvermoon I'll make a final choice between Cendy (Consul (Danish Warmblood by Churchill) x Come Back II x Mago) or De Niro or Caretino Glory (Cheenook x Glorieux) or possibly possibly risk frozen semen on an older mare and try one last time with Silvermoon.

Always fun to see what we plan for the mares and where they lead us by the end of breeding season.

Papillon (Ariadus-Cheenook) confirmed in foal to Amaretto D'Arco with a heartbeat.

Melody Van Sint Maarten (Elton-Nimmerdor-Ladalco) bred to Amaretto D'Arco. Counting days.

Neah Bay (Final Pool xx-And Behold xx) to Classe.

Bold Starlet (Bold Executive xx-Akureyri xx) to Far West early next week. We bought this mare with Far West in mind so I'm excited to see the result.

Select Dancer (Well Selected xx-Fire Dancer xx). Still up in the air since she doesn't foal until June but considering Alligator Fontaine (double up on mare Spotted Beauty), Balou du Rouet or Crespo.

Pik's Pandora and Cayah Bay get the year off after they foal.

S Lesarra My beloved 3yo. By Bur-Dal Lord Solomon, out of my Arabian mare, will go to Clanfair Signature, as soon as she will cooperate and come into heat!

And I will probably rebreed the dam of the above filly for another full sibling, the mare had a STUNNING filly a couple weeks ago, and I just must have another

Can't wait to see all these crosses!
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

Vaskaria (Askari / Lord / Masetto) stamm 776 was just bred to Arezzo VDL (Chinn Chinn / Heartbreaker)

Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx) stamm 2067 to possibly Dakota (Casall / Contender) ... still on the fence but need to hurry and make up my mind

Rolex (Con Caletto / Ramiro / Ahorn) stamm 730b to Vallado aka Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx)

Ca-Ching (Casall / Quinar / Capitol) stamm 776 to Douglas (Darco / Capitol I)

Caritas N (Calido I / Alcatraz / Caletto II) stamm 1752 to Appeal (Apiro / Cathalido)

Willow (Werigo / TB) to Heavenly Final Revelation for pony foal
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Well, with the caveat that my plans usually change /solidify at the 11th hour, the stallions I am using this year include (most likely):
    Sir Gregory
    Romanov or Sir Donnerhall
    Benetton Dream
    Diamond Hit
    .... and / or Zonik

I am planning on breeding to:
    Romanov
    Benidetto
    Royal Classic
    Hotline
    Fidertanz
    World of Dreams
    Benetton Dream

I have made a decision to breed one mare to Freestyle. She had a lovely colt by him who is now showing a lot of talent as a five y.o. in dressage. For my other mare I'm using either Comic Hilltop or Denario; I'm still not sure about that one.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    Vaskaria (Askari / Lord / Masetto) stamm 776 was just bred to Arezzo VDL (Chinn Chinn / Heartbreaker)

Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx) stamm 2067 to possibly Dakota (Casall / Contender) ... still on the fence but need to hurry and make up my mind

Rolex (Con Caletto / Ramiro / Ahorn) stamm 730b to Vallado aka Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx)

Ca-Ching (Casall / Quinar / Capitol) stamm 776 to Douglas (Darco / Capitol I)

Caritas N (Calido I / Alcatraz / Caletto II) stamm 1752 to Appeal (Apiro / Cathalido)

Willow (Werigo / TB) to Heavenly Final Revelation for pony foal
    Appeal to Caritas ? You too smart ! LOL

I really love this colt. I know we are taking a chance before he is approved but he is one of my favorites.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

I thought Caritas was coming to live with me??? But, I can take CaChing in her place too. <VEG>

I think you are a good judge of whats a good risk Barbara.

I am jealous so many know what they are doing. I wish I did!!

However, I am strongly considering going back to Parco with my Goodtimes mare. If I have to wait 5 more years for another filly like her, its worth the wait.

I am also quite pleased with my Farscape/Rohdiamant baby, that could be a do over too.

2 to Popeye K
    2 to Redwine
    1 to Ivory Coast
    1 to Escudo I

Please let the fertility Gods smile down and the filly fairy take a long vacation.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by sixpoundfarm View Post
    I thought Caritas was coming to live with me??? But, I can take CaChing in her place too. <VEG>

I think you are a good judge of whats a good risk Barbara.

I am jealous so many know what they are doing. I wish I did!!

However, I am strongly considering going back to Parco with my Goodtimes mare. If I have to wait 5 more years for another filly like her, its worth the wait.

I am also quite pleased with my Farscape/Rohdiamant baby, that could be a do over too.

Tracy! That filly is stunning and I sure love Parco!

I am so tiny...and challenged work wise...I am leaving one open this year but Simone going back to Sir Wanabi given Soul Kiss! I adore this colt!
    Great choices all and good luck!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Barnhartvale Belle (Alybro xx x feu d'enfer xx) is due in a few weeks with a Balta'Czar foal and will be bred to Livello

New girl Zinzi (Clinton x Nimmerdor) will stay open this year... her Nabab de Reve foal is due in July so I'd like to move her up next year.
    (I'm not sad about this.. I'm pretty excited to ride and show her a little bit!)

.. but I'm looking at doing an ET with her next year as well and looking at Numero Uno and ???

Successfully flushed an embryo last week from my first breeding to Concerto Grosso. Keeping fingers crossed that it implants successfully and we are breeding back to him again next week.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Three in foal:

Timbermill Zoe xx (Zaberlu/Aberlou/Godavari) to Donnerubin (Donatraum/De Niro/Rubinstein)

Devon to Furst Nymphenburg (Florencio/Ne Niro)

Crystal to Prestige VDL (Silvano N/Goodtimes)

Erotika (Cor de la Bryere/Rigoletto), stamm 2004:

1st ET to Casiro (Cassini/Landgraf)
    2nd ET not yet decided but have narrowed it down to Numero Uno, Cornet Obolensky, Diamant de Semilly, or Berlin

She had 3 follicles last cycle, 2 of which matured, so am hoping for a couple of embryos from at least one of the breedings. Have the option of freezing if there are not enough recips.

Larosa Z (Louis/Lavado/Silvester), stamm 8769, likely to Quinar although I haven't done much research yet as she is on the back burner until the ET's are done.
    Now developing Stone Clad Farms, visit us at www.facebook.com/StoneCladFarms

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    I really love this colt. I know we are taking a chance before he is approved but he is one of my favorites.
    I wasn't talking about you taking a chance......I was saying you were too smart for putting the two together. LOL

I've seen Appeal come up thru a long stamm of horses and I know Caritas pretty good as well.....could be a match made in heaven !

Quote Originally Posted by Leah A View Post
    Wow! How were you able to use Casall?
    The mare is in Germany.
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

I'm jealous of everyone that is breeding already! Things always seem to change, but tentative plans are:

Nikki (Voltaire/Quidam/Galoubet) - probably one cycle with Diamant de Semilly, if that doesn't work, I'll think about a frozen Capitol son or a fresh semen backup

June (Calato/Lacapo/Carneval) - back to Quinar, but she isn't due for another 4 or 5 weeks

Pauletta (Calido/Corrado/Moltke) - Contefino, but she also has a few weeks before she foals.

Good luck to everyone!