The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Beautiful 18 yr. old 15H, Black - Egyptian Arabian (located in NJ)

It is with a heavy heart that I offer this beautiful mare for either a free lease, or free to good home. I've known this mare since she was born. She's the kindest, sweetest, mare I've ever met... and I'm a HUGE mare lover. She has her Arabian papers as well as being entered into the MMB for the ISR/Oldenburg registry.

This mare is true black, 15 hands and BIG barreled! She still has a lot of good years in her as a riding horse or broodmare. She is completely sound, barefoot, an easy keeper, and low man on the totem pole.

I inherited this mare several years ago from a friend that couldn't keep her when she retired and moved away. For the last several years she was leased to an Arabian breeder and they produced two lovely black fillies, and a chestnut colt this spring. As they've changed the direction of their breeding program, I recently picked her up after her colt was weaned.

I need to downsize my herd (one for me, and one for my daughter) and would love to find this beautiful mare a loving home. She had some dressage training way back when by a GP rider, but she's been used as a broodmare for many years. She's back under saddle again and more than happy to work.

She will stay with me until the perfect home is found. There is a photo of her on my website on the bottom of the breeding page. www.pleasantmeadowfarm.com. I would be happy to send additional photos and answer any questions.

What a lovely mare. Would she be suitable for trail riding/ limited distance rides? Also is she very marish acting. I have two arabian geldings and wonder how she would be in the mix.....

Gahorseluvr,

I do believe she would make a nice limited distance mount. It's been years she's she's been on the trails, but when she did go out, even as a youngster she would often take the lead with her long, ground covering stride. Again, she's just now developing muscle to carry a rider, and it will take a few months to get her endurance up, but I can't ever remember ever finding the bottom of her tank! Yes, she does show when she's in heat, but has been out with geldings without issue. Her work ethic doesn't change though - the let's go to work attitude is always there!

Quote Originally Posted by Gahorsluvr View Post
    What a lovely mare. Would she be suitable for trail riding/ limited distance rides? Also is she very marish acting. I have two arabian geldings and wonder how she would be in the mix.....

I have a very special place in my heart for black arabians. Always wanted one, but have a bay and a gray! lol I would love to see more pictures. I will
    send you a message.

Default mare

Pls post her on www.arabianbreedersnetwork.com under rescue/rehoming-----I tried to copy it there but could not

Ah, you stand LA Baltic Inspiration! What a wonderful horse.