The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default IHSA National Finals

IHSA National Finals are being held in Raleigh, NC this week - good luck to all of the teams and individual riders - hope you have a great week!

Good luck to Emily Walker and Analisa Elkjer, riding for the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities in the Cacchione Cup and Open Fences, respectively!

What should i expect at Nationals? My daughter is riding in the Cacchione Cup. Im heading down Thursday. Is there shopping etc., set up at the show, or just show grounds? Photographers or videographers?

I hope you can expect to have some fun watching your daughter compete! Congrats to her on her qualifying for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I hope you can expect to have some fun watching your daughter compete! Congrats to her on her qualifying for the finals.
    Thank you and yes off course watching her compete. Was wondering if like other shows are there vendors, etc set up?

Default nationals

yes there is usually great shopping there! good luck to your daughter and to stony brook university's Tara Donohue in open flat and Rachel Cresswell in alumni flat. see you there!

I am from Raleigh and there is great shopping around. The nearest mall is Crabtree Valley Mall, which is located roughly 5-10 minutes from the Hunt Complex, and there is also Cary Crossroads (outdoor shopping center) about 15-20 minutes away. Both have tons of great restaurants and shopping . Good luck!

My daughter has already found the mall! They flew in last night! Suggested I cancel my hotel room bunk with her and friends to save money to shop at the mall! Said the lilly pulitzer store is amazing with all the colors! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter/JumperMom View Post
    My daughter has already found the mall! They flew in last night! Suggested I cancel my hotel room bunk with her and friends to save money to shop at the mall! Said the lilly pulitzer store is amazing with all the colors! Haha
    Good luck! Have fun and definitely go shopping! Go Hawks!

Lots of updates please!! and yay for the live feed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
    Where can you access the live feed?

Good luck to Catherine Hensley, Sarah Brown, and Emma Lane Poole from Hollins University!

Good luck to all the West Texas A&M riders!

Good luck to the Zone 4 Region 1 Alumni, Erica Palmisano and Sarah Thompson!
    There's coffee in that nebula.

Haha that didn't take long! Sounds like fun!

I think I am going to try to come out and watch some of it this weekend. I used to do IHSA during the last few years of my undergrad (~'04-'07). Good times

I'll be there late Saturday and Sunday, as one of our western riders qualified. Gulp! Good luck to Lesley Hammontree from WCU!!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
    IEA had a live feed for their finals but I don't see a link for IHSA - if anyone can find it please share!

Quote Originally Posted by KnKShowmom View Post
    IEA had a live feed for their finals but I don't see a link for IHSA - if anyone can find it please share!
    Please share the live feed! What is IEA?

What should i expect at Nationals? My daughter is riding in the Cacchione Cup. Im heading down Thursday. Is there shopping etc., set up at the show, or just show grounds? Photographers or videographers?

There is a row of vendors set up inside the main arena, near the office. As far as I can see, it's all horse-related (tack and apparel, gift-type items, engraving, etc.), but not everyone is here yet. There isn't a lot of non-horsey shopping in the immediate area, but plenty within a ten-minute drive in any direction. And the show office says they do have both photographer and videographer. Good luck to everyone riding this weekend!

M&M Tack Shop

IEA is the Interscholastic Equestrian Association - basically IHSA for middle and high school students - same draw format.

One of our horses is being used so I took him down yesterday and left DD to care for him - there weren't too many vendors set up yet and thankfully I left her without my credit card!

I am sure I will be given the tour of must-haves when I go back to get them on Saturday.....