The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

I am glad to hear the board will be taking all of what happened into consideration here! As Wendy said it was a large meeting and only one trainer in the room seemed to be in favor of it. Needless to say there were not many people seeing his point either! Michael does have some work to get most of us to feel this will be of great benifit to L.I.
    Most importantly with all the confusion we did not set a date for the next P.H.A. meeting. Can we post one so we can keep the room full again and where it will be held? Also-when will the next open LIHSAA open meeting be held? As I have stated in a previos post I feel the board must take a look at the system and see that one meeting a year is no way enough! Let's make sure everyone is informed on things here so things like this do not happen again. Everyone became involved in the last PHA meeting so lets keep them involved and the LIHSAA do the same please!
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

To get back to that post Janet. One point I did not get to make at the meeting. Myself, I would have to re-think my plan of horse shows to attend if and when the 20 point horse show would come into effect. One thing I do not think the committe has taken into consideration. I stated my case at the meeting that I was fighting for the exhibitor who many of them strive for the lower level ribbons at the dinner dance. If the new scoring system would come into play I would probably take them to an unrated series that also has an end of year awards and give them their education there! At least at a series like that they would have a realistic goal. Country Fair was a great series for that and unfortunatly held its last show in 2000! We may have to find another series or beg Janet to start printing prize lists for 2001!!! lol! Any committee member reading this that will raise there hand in agreement to this system remember how many more think along the same lines as me. That is ALOT of buisness L.I. horse show managers are about to loose! I liked the fact that going to a rated horse show I was able to show my clients what the real world was all about and the goals they had to strive for. The new proposed system seems to tell me come to our shows with a quality horse or do not come at all!
    Stevie Nicks

is it over or did we just stop the discussion on the COTH?

we will however be using this board for discussion on th e topic
    Brilyntrip

When Michael first introduced his idea, it was to "tighten up" the points and make things more competitive. OK, What about if we were still on accumulative points but did not offer any points for champion or reserve? It would still reflect the horse that wins the most, but he would not be able to get out in front so far. What do you guys think about that?
    I don't have the points in front of me- maybe, if Michael is reading this, he could take one division from last year and show us how the results would have been using this system.
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

All you have to do is look at the last couple of year end award winners in the LIHSAA jumper division over the years and see how close the points are. Not too often do you see someone way out in fromt on that system. If the main concern is tightening up the point spread there is your simple solution right there. No champion or reserve champion points awarded. SIMPLE!
    Stevie Nicks

Michael, are you still out there, and can you tell us how the points would have gone in at least one division? I can't really research this like you can, as you have the points!!
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar