The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MayDaze Fax

Did anyone else try to enter maydaze by the fax number on the entry form, only to be told two weeks later that they don't take entries by fax ????

I am a bit gobsmacked tbh, almost aghasted. This was smallChild's first event that she has got herself together for and entered herself ( I was back home visiting elderly parent ) and I think she's been cheated ! Poor smallChild.

If you called up the management and explained the situation, do you think they would let her in? So sorry, that stinks!

urggghh... well I emailed, and now the story has changed to they do take faxes, and it was received on time (May 8th) but they were already full by then.

So this is where you kiss up to the Show Secretary, explain it is smallChild's first HT and ask to be on the waiting list for any openings. Sometimes being nice and pleasant can get you in at the last minute. It helps a great deal that you did comply with the closing date.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

... and <<slaps head>> ((but fortunately I grilled small child pretty thoroughly before bothering Lori about it again ...))

SmallChild sent the fax in, and it was acknowledged as in before the due date, and only later was told that they'd never received it. But on closer grilling of smallChild, I finally figured out that she Never Actually Sent the Check <<head Desk>>. And it clearly states that you have to send the darn check before your entry is processed. So it doesn't matter what the poor flustered show secretary says to her about why her entry wasn't processed ... smallChild never paid !

What do people do with teenagers that really belong to them ? Even having part-time access to one drives me mental !