The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Could America have another 4* someday?

The title basically says it all, but...is it possible that American could have two 4* events? Maybe host one in the early fall/late summer? What venues could hold that kind of capacity and have enough volounteers and stabling, etc. Rebecca farms(along with many others) already has a 3* and would be lovely in late august/early september but I am not sure about the farm's capacity to hold an international event(i have never been there).... what do you think?

I would love to see one in Canada - especially now that we are getting the pan-am games

Canada would be cool...maybe bromont could do a 3 and 4-star?

I saw something recently about bromont and the wegs - that would make it happen

Thumbs up Hmmm

Richland Park, right in my state seems about right!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Richland Park, right in my state seems about right!
    Yes!

When America has more 4*'s, the American riding will improve at the 4* level across the board.

Everyone who had something go wrong at Rolex this past weekend, from a mistake on course to not being able to go at all for some reason, has a year to wait for the next one. Unless they have team or other resources that most riders don't have to go to Europe. The lack of 4* eventing beyond Rolex KY doesn't help America maintain 4* quality riding throughout the nation, not just a very small handful of the elite.

The U.S. needs to just do it, and not think of reasons why not to or to put it off.
    Last edited by OverandOnward; Apr. 30, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

richland park would be nice! It would be cool to see the four star go somewhere besides the east coast to promote other regions.... IMO. what about in California?

I agree overandonward- we are a huge country and it shouldn't be an issue with putting another one on. It would help us internationally by giving riders twice the opportunity to practice because let's face it- no matter how much you prep nothing will prepare you for a 4*! It is a big leap!

I think it would be very, very possible for a 4* and Rebecca Farm, and would be a perfect location! (ok...maybe I'm biased, being from Montana and all...but it is a perfect facility for another 4*).

pve- I was thinking the same thing.... they could call it something cool like "The Rocky Mountain Three-Day Event" or something like that with a sponsor stuck in there. Or just keep it the event at rebecca farm. Plus, the scenery there is just to die for and it looks as if they would have plenty of room

Chatt hills should have a 4* or poplar.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Of course I think Poplar should do it Being only 20 min away...
    What would they need to add in order to get to the 4* level? They do have space to add more jumps and combinations.
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

my only concern would be space for those two....space to have all the cars parking and vendors, etc etc. Also it would be very hot in the late summer and humid (which the horses should have to get used to anyway for summer games, etc) but lots of people simply cannot handle the heat or humidity spectator-wise...

The statements that there is some logistical detail that is a show-stopper - parking, stabling, entries - have to be banished from 4* planning. Instead, positive statements "we will resolve this issue by ___ " is the only thing that will get us there.

Not to pick on anyone. But the eye has to stay on the goal for the goal to ever happen. Everyone has to train their thinking to solutions, not roadblocks.

Build it and they will come. I promise that.

Quote Originally Posted by OverandOnward View Post
    The statements that there is some logistical detail that is a show-stopper - parking, stabling, entries - have to be banished from 4* planning. Instead, positive statements "we will resolve this issue by ___ " is the only thing that will get us there.

Not to pick on anyone. But the eye has to stay on the goal for the goal to ever happen. Everyone has to train their thinking to solutions, not roadblocks.

Build it and they will come. I promise that.
    Lots of wisdom here.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Let's make it happen

go USA!

Ive heard the rumor that the long term plan for chatt hills is a **** not sure if its true or not
    Gallop on

I also heard that Chattahoochee Hills is planning on having one eventually. They were talking about it when they had their first event there back in 2009.
    T3DE Pact

I have never been to Chatt hills but it looks like a really nice place. good to hear that the owners are aiming for (potentially) a 4* in the future- that is the first step!