The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks to some Newfie friends, I've had Screech. It'll burn a hole in ya!

Ah! Canadians rejoice! There are a lot of us here eh? We will bow down before our president, Tim Horton, wearing our toques and sorrel boots tucked into our turtle necks. With dog sled we will travel across country in June to get to our one and only airport which houses one 2 passenger airplane which is plenty for us. We will have a Blue in one hand (REAL beer)and seal blubber in the other and be proud of our drug using Olympians (equestrian and others) and very proud of our gun laws. We'll be thankful that our horse shows have no rules, that the CEF will refuse to return your phone calls and/or e-mails if you have a question and amatuer and pros roam free together. All this while we gaze up at our flag planted firmly in the top of our igloo; the beautiful red strips on a field of white with a funny red marijiuana leaf in the middle! LOL!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

JOH> haven't found any good Canadian places to buy stuff like that but I suggest taking a look at Greenhawk if you haven't already. That's where I buy my glucosimine and it's by far the best in my area anyways. Good luck

Okay, I really don't like beer BUT I really DO like the Labatt commercial, so that must qualify.

Count me in. If my very dear friend is reading this right now, she can also attest to the fact I wear an orange toque to the barn.......so I must qualify!!!!
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Quinn, as the owner of an orange toque, I believe you're now president of the deck annex, eh.

Ah! But does your orange toque have a pom-pom!!!! *steps back, puts on orange toque with pom-pom and watches everyone bow before her*

But do you jam on your toque over your ears or is it perched, ever so jauntily, on the top of your head leading many to think that you have a mighty tall head?

The pom-pom is good Jaded... but do you have an official hockey jersey to wear with it? That's very important you know. I have a legitimate, but old, Calgary Flames hockey shirt with the big orange and red flaming "C" on it, that would probably go well with your orange toque.

Talk about Bob and Doug MacKenzie! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

and you can't wear just anything on your feet. Only a pair of (white) K-Swiss or Stan Smiths will do. But if you're wearing jeans a pair of white tube socks is derigeur...and looks real sharp with the orange poom-poomed touque and hockey jersey.

I am Canadian!

I'm uncomfortable and offended by the suggestion that a hockey jersey is more Canadian than a flannel shirt from Mark's Work Wearhouse.

BTW, anyone notice that Saddlepad hasn't returned to the board since the post yesterday. Think we scared them?

[This message has been edited by heidi (edited 10-23-2000).]

LOL heidi! actually the red & black flannel shirt has always been called the "Knorr Dinner Jacket"

Methinks saddlepad has headed for Texas poor filly.

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 10-23-2000).]

I am not currently a memeber of a clique since when im on no one else is!!! but I am totally confused by the baby carrot and quiche thing ?????/
    Brilyntrip

Join our membership brilyntrip. We'll keep you safe from the Fromage protectors and baby quiche societies...but you might have to develop a taste for poosicles and catsiroles...

Mine did in fact have a pom pom BUT one of our former schoolies BUZZ LIGHTEARS, pulled it off when I stood too close to his stall grid! I also ride in my insulated overalls and kodiak boots. Hey, it's Canada!

And Heidi, I pull that baby right down over my ears and again because - IT'S CANADA.....so it's pretty darned cold eh???
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Now that we have a few shivering Canadians assembled with butts firmly planted on Beckers milk crates - - what's the best thing about riding in Canada, and what's the worst.

Best: Spruce Meadows, less elitism in Canada on the 'A' circuit, beautiful hacking in the fall, some wonderful horse/rider combos waiting in the wings, and the Roots leather jacket awarded at Collingwood.

Worst: Weather, taxes, we sell our horses on too early (usually to Americans), too few truly savvy pros on the business side of the sport, and previously indifferent civilian friends who ask, "do you know Eric Lamaze and how many other riders do coke?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    Mine did in fact have a pom pom BUT one of our former schoolies BUZZ LIGHTEARS, pulled it off when I stood too close to his stall grid! I also ride in my insulated overalls and kodiak boots. Hey, it's Canada!

And Heidi, I pull that baby right down over my ears and again because - IT'S CANADA.....so it's pretty darned cold eh???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, Jaded, Quinn remains president. Sorry about your luck but Quinn had the correct answer to the prize winning quiz on the back of the Lotto 649 ticket. Though Quinn has confessed to a distate for beer...

...yes heidi a distaste for beer but hey, she DOES have those Greb Kodiak boots.

Bonus points if they're steel toed.

Ouch. I'm getting a waffle pattern on my butt from these milk crates. Where's my Muskoka chair?

Sorry Canter, had to chop up the chair to build the deck and heat the house. What kind of Canajun are you BTW, if you can't handle a waffle imprinted bum. Better traction when tobogganing.

[This message has been edited by heidi (edited 10-23-2000).]

Stable, I'm hoping the irony isn't lost on those who perhaps believe, shortsightedly, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Talk about coded messages - Saddlepad's never gonna come back now.

Hey so long as you throw another log on that fire, I'm sure she'll be back. Probably just wandered out for some weiners & beans and a two-four.

No one fret, I am back!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] You didn't scare me off, I just had S-C-H-O-O-L, I learned how to spell that today, eh! Ya know, skool (oops, I already forgot today's lesson), the giant igloo with all the dog sled's parked out front in the crappy spaces, while the teachers have their snowmobiles close to the front doors. *lol* I also learned how to say "no doot aboot it" properly today. Our prime minister still can't do that, he speaks neither national language! I am now an official member of the Canadian clique, may we continue using words like toque, chesterfield, and serviette, and keep up our only two sacred traditions, drinking Labatt Blue and waiting for Hockey Night in Canada to see the game and what Don Cherry will be wearing next. My name is SaddlePad, and I AM CANADIAN!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    PS- We're meeting at the RAWF at the Fox and Hound on Nov. 3rd, right? I'm showing that day, but I'll change and meet you all there (and the rest of the ppl on the EMG BB that don't come on here yet). The password is "poo" right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by SaddlePad (edited 10-23-2000).]