The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Gosh, I don't remember the last one I received -- is the last one the December 2000 issue? I did, however, get a bill in the mail. It seems my subscription (pretty pricey for 4 issues/year) runs out in May and I must renew or I won't receive that issue. Let's see, December and May. At that rate it's going to be hard to fit 2 more issues in between May and December. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

I can't keep it inside anymore. I can't stay silent. Somebody needs to tell the truth, and it needs to be me! (Or Linda Tripp - she was on TV AGAIN last week, ratting on some other government agency. I digress. . . .)

Duffy2, it LOOKS like I was responsible for the demise of the Thread, but if you look closely, you will notice that MERRY leapt onto the suggestion that the thread. . . meet its maker. She leapt with. . . almost too much enthusiasm. And she hoped nobody would notice.

And they almost didn't notice. . . .

While *I* was lambasted by those less perceptive than you (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and YES, I am still miffed and believe I deserve an apology!!!!) who thought *I* was the one trying to kill the Thread, those who were truly paying attention noticed Merry's quick response to my suggestion.

Nobody queried what it meant, however, until just now. Makes you wonder. I mean, Merry *seemed* to be enjoying the Merry Thread. Merry *seemed* to be an active, sincere poster. But how much do we REALLY know about Merry, . . . if that is her name??

(Now, before anyone leaps on me for teasing Merry (and by "anyone," I mean YOU, Bumpkin and dublin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]), note that I am indeed teasing. Of course, that does not necessarily mean that Merry does not have blood on her hands. . . .)

I took it upon myself to give this topic the top 5-star rating. I did it on impulse and it can be changed if you want -- it's easy a pie. But, to see the Canadians knocking "Question for Merry" in their "Question for Canter" topic and giving it a 5-star got to me. We must stay on top of the heap!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

Being the humanitarian that I am, and for the sake of maintaining the peace within the CA Clique, I have hired a private investigator who has been trailing the person who calls herself "Merry". It appears that our Miss Merry entertains visions of herself as the Merrier Widow of the thread.

The picture below was snapped this afternoon - girls she's already embarked on her spending spree. Methinks she'll soon be replacing that fence with a nice WB.

That's her. That's Merry, or the poster formerly known as Merry.

I can tell b/c she is wearing gold hoops and a big belt buckle!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Did Bill give it you??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Dang this place is so hot I suggest we all rip off our ratcatchers and relax a little. More margarita's pleeze Rusty.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

N2Jumpers enjoy Mammoth and definitely take a laptop. there's too much to miss.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<<Rushing across the room, elizabeth pulls coreene away from the casket, rips WHOA's Irish brewski out of her hand, grabs AAJumper's arm (champagne bottle and all), and convenes a meeting around the guest book.>>

People, we have got to get over our grief and get back to posting. The Canadian group is kicking our butts on the BB. They are at 125 posts, and we are pussy-footing around at about 50. It's shameful. We are dishonoring the Thread's memory.

Now, Beezer, stop feeding the JRTs the artichoke dip and pull out your laptop. SuaveReno, put your margarita in a to-go container and get back to your computer. And use a spill-proof lid - we can't be slowed down by sticky stuff spilling into the keyboard. N2Jumpers, that's a nice picture of Luc and all, but we don't have time for that. Matter of fact, cancel your trip to Hawaii, and get your mom to post on this thread, too. Duffy2, set aside your conspiracy theory and keep posting. Merry. . . HEY, WHERE'S MERRY??? Nevermind, we've got a job to do people. . . .

here's a family picture of Kari. She the only across from the onion dip and chips.

O.k., yeah, great, thanks for sharing.

Can Kari post, too?????

(Teasing - Kari is cute!!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You are a spy! I am ashamed!!!

here is me and Cosmo. Blackhoresrulez!

Are you in CA?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hi Kari. I like your horse.
    Is his name blackhorse or does he have another name? He has a very, very pretty head, and he looks nice and BIG!!

I am in CA - I live in Santa Monica.
    Where do you keep your black horse? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm soooo sorry this had to come out at the wake! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

elizabeth, can you ever forgive me? Suave, you weren't supposed to spill the beans, so to speak. I gave you that dear, blond child as a gift in exchange for your Lexi mare, and what do you do? Ruin me in my darkest hour!

As for Duffy2's revelation... Okay, I admit it. I pushed for the IV drip to be pulled from the vein of Merry Thread's arm. Like the cast of Seinfeld, I wanted us to walk away with some dignity, not be shuttled off when we had become mere shadows of our youth.

Now totally sauced and off the wagon for the first time in a decade, Merry jumps atop the buffet table, just as she warned, rips off her string of pearls, pushes up the sleeves of her black cashmere sweater and breaks into "OH CANADA!", but obnoxiously changes the words into something vaguely rude...

A new book hot off the press! It's written by my evil twin, Anna Nicole Smith.

"10 Steps to Snagging a Rich, Older Old Man and Getting Him to Buy You a Horse Farm Before he 'Buys the Farm'"

Hide it under your Italian brocade shawl, elizabeth! Don't let Bill see it!

Hey! Who ate all the artichoke dip? And where's my sister, Beezer? Someone's gotta buy that woman a laptop. But it ain't gonna be me. I'm gonna spend my inheritance on something just for ME! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I see - his name is Cosmo. Nice name!!

Oh, and Merry, thank you for the gift.
    However, if you allege that you were related to the Thread, and the thread died without a will, you might be entitled to take under intestate succession. Or if you were married, the property of the thread might be community property. FYI- the bar exam is Tuesday.

That's Cosmopolitan. Cosmo for short. I live in Irvine. Do you have a horse?

Her's a picture and my friend Magan at a horse show.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am just learning to jump. I started in cross rails last year. It's lots of fun.
    Thanks,
    Kari [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, wow! Jumping is fun. Congratulations, Kari. And I like Magan's horse, too. Black and white are nice colors for a horse!

I have a horse, Buster. He is an Appaloosa, so he has lots of spots. His body is white, but it has red and brown spots on it.

He lives in New York, but I am trying to find a barn to keep him at. Irvine is not too far away from where I live - which barn do you keep Cosmo at? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cosmo is at Foxpointe farm. There are lots of kids there. Do you have a picture of your horse Buster? He sounds very nice. I hope you can find a nice barn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

Do you suffer from MPD? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Merry, I dunno but I think this wake need's a band!! Have any lined up? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]