The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Ah yes...it was anticipated and not that I've completely dried out...I have one last question???Where are we gonna be hangin' next [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

"Excuse me! Young man, come here!" she screams, donning her Miss Bossy Boots persona yet again.

The poor fellow runs over and she points to the Vuitton traveling cases.

"Please, send these to the COTH BB Movie set," she barks. "NOW! Where is the limo? Did you place the order for onboard lunch with Il Fornaio like I told you?!"

She begins mumbling to herself - again - about the lack of good help these days and not being able to find a young whippersnapper cutie patootie when she needs one the most.

"Okay ladies, let's blow this taco stand!" she laughs, and points (with very long red nails, of course) to the arriving limo. "We're going to the set!"

She then waves at the few remaining as she bids a fond farewell to the wake, relieved that at last she found out What Happened To Kimmie.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

AAJumper gazes off towards the horizon. The angle of the afternoon sun is changing...the days are getting longer and the evenings once again have that warm feel to them. Instinctively she knows spring has arrived....time to plan those summer waterskiing vacations and horse shows. LAEC, Blenheim, Showpark...so many choices...she wonders where the barn show schedule will lead her next. She lets out a deep relaxed sigh, and heads out to the barn. She tacks up Cypress with nothing but a bareback pad and a bridle, and jumps on wearing shorts and tennis shoes. She heads out, in no particular direction, but comforted with the knowledge that somehow, somewhere, the CA clique will meet again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Beezer makes one last grab for her JRTs. Miraculously, she manages to catch and hang onto them. She attaches little curb chain bracelet-style collars around their necks. "There. Now whenever I hear the pitter-patter of your little feet, I will think of our threads and all the fun we had. I will miss you all. I shall pine until the time at which we are together again."

And speaking of the pitter-patter of little feet ... we have indeed outdone the Canadians! Our own little Katey is expecting! A real HUMAN baby, not a horsey one! So TAKE THAT up there where the sun don't shine!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Blah, blah, blah - sunrise, sunset. Every good deal gets closed. Pack up your briefcases, get the limo to the airport, and go home. Nice doing business with you, Wake Thread. This is the nature of the beast. It's just as well - I've got faxes to send and calls to field. Have I mentioned that I am very busy and very important?

<<elizabeth, smiles glibly, jingles her curb chain bracelet authoritatively, pivots and walks away. But when she is about 20 feet from the Wake Thread, she breaks down, shoulders heaving. Sobbing, she wails "what am I gonna do without you, Wake Thread? Oh Merry, oh Beezer, oh coreene, suavereno, weeble, AAJumper. What am I gonna do?" Broken-hearted with agony of saying goodbye to something she loved so much, she weeps silently. . . . Slowly, though, her tears subside, as the plan hatches. A sly smile brightens up her tear-streaked face, as she mutters "I can sell the movie rights. . . .">>

Let's figure out another thread.. AA jumper, SuaveREno wants to meet you at a show for inspiration to make it out of the 2'9" heights onto greater things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Beezer, Merry, Rusty, Corenne, Elizabeth, Weeble et al....... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Until we meet again. I will keep the blenders in a safe place and excercise them as needed.

SuaveReno, I'm going to LAEC for the Gold Coast show on April 8th.....and I'll be starting off doing the hopeful jumpers!!! Yes, I've been demoted, LOL. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Actually, the plan is to start the day off in the 2'6"-2'9" jumper class to give me and Cypress a dose of confidence, and hopefully after a couple of classes we'll finish with a nice low AA round and go home. Someday I'll be able to have two good shows in a row....someday... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

And a voice from Somewhere Above is heard proclaiming:
    "Sim-sala-bim, my childlike cultists, ride in peace." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Is anyone showing up north? Wty plantively wails? Heaving another big sigh over the demise of the thread, she looks at the waiting limo. elizabeth true to her image, hops in, has the driver toot and off she goes. A/A, coreene, well I know you will be busy. rusty is there such a thing as a farewell margarita? weeble will be back. Suave..where can we meet? Liked the gnu thread idea! wty knows she finally has to face the scrapping off of her horse/hippo. Having put this off, she heads to the barn. Wondering if there were some way she could run her thru the car wash?

A car wash for horses, excellent idea.
    It could be made in a large horse trailer and taken to all the shows no more muddy over crowded wash racks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

Ciao everyone!
    Until next time on another thread. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]