The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Exceptionally well said, ETBW; thanks!

Joan S.
    Photo Albums

well said ETBW. This BB, like life, grows and changes. Not everyone likes the changes. That's life!
    I too am grateful for the friends I have made on this BB, living on a farm overwhelmed with work and horses can be pretty isolating (and not much fun in an Ontario winter as John suggested).
    I've been hurt by some comments by a few on this BB, but far more have given me - and others -support, a cyper chuck under the chin, and more than a few hugs and tears.

Thank you, Wings. Very well thought out and stated, as usual.
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

Bravo! ETBW, this is one post that should be mandatory reading by all members of the board.

cinnabar

Beautifully said! Can you get this stuck to the top of the board and make it mandatory reading?

Wingsy,

YOU ROCK!!!!

Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

ETBW

Thanks; well said.

Thanks for having the courage to raise the sensitive issues and say what many of us have thought, but knew we couldn't say well enough.

I swear, I don't know how the moderators keep their cool sometimes. I really admire those folks, and so much appreciate their efforts.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

\"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

well said wings. i do however feel very sorry that we lost some great/knowledgable horse people. i truly wish it didn't come to that. When the topic gets heated i write out my reply then cancel it. My version of counting to 10 before saying something i would really be sorry for.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

Very well put... And Texan, I do that exact same thing (many a time and boy do I feel better afterward!)...

California Dreamin'...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ditto to all the thoughtful comments here. I couldn't take one iota of the personal strife the moderators endure-- and they do it voluntarily!

And on that note, if any of my silliness in any way contributed to the moderators' strife, I sincerely apologize.

ETBW -- You said what I've been thinking but could never put into anything cogent. Thanks!

And Merry -- we all are prone to silly spells. Even us aged fogies. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif No big deal!

Bravo ETBW. You have what my
    Italian hubby calls "chutzpah."

I didn't know the moderators didn't get paid!! That's not fair, considering the hours alone. Not to mention the amazing increase in members.

You can't tell me that isn't of great $$ value to someone/somewhere (hello Chronicle execs)--just the PR value alone is enormous, regardless of what they might say. I'm sure no one else puts in such long hours for
    Chronicle, without pay.

Yet I heard something (prior to joining) about Chronicle trying to charge a fee last year and a big protest resulted, prevented it or something like that. Many BBs charge I assume. Maybe this one should charge a small fee, and give it to the unpaid staff? The ones who protest would likely be the kind of people mentioned by ETBW.
    "WHINNYING" IS EVERYTHING!!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Actually, timedjumpoff, a lot of us protested going to "pay per view" when that trial balloon was floated, not just our more, um ... colorful members.

The debate over charging for the BB did serve to remind me that this BB is indeed a great place that is available for free to us.

The only thing I will say about this thread of Wingsie's is that it's funny that all the posters who have chosen to reply here are such nice, thoughtful, non-troublemakers!

Although we do have to keep tabs on Beezer and Merry at times, those wild women. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif

I knew I liked you Wings.
    We DO all need to self-moderate, myself included. I want to apologize for anything off-color that may have been on the deleted thread...thats what private topics and email are for.

Just call me Mrs. Robinson...
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Thanks ETBW!

I can't tell you how many times I have typed out a reply then cancelled it. Not necessary I decide.

...but ETBW and I had a delightful phoner last year when I was in DC. I loff our voice of reason.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

ETBW,

My hats off to you.

Thank You, for saying so eloquently and reasonbly what I have thought (and obviously others) a number of times, but could not put into words so nicely.

I actually don't immeadiatly log in, I have found this way if something "sets me off", by the time I log in I am "reset" and won't waste time giving the post the time of day. Most often what is out of line will die if it is just ignored. Why feed it?

PWBTB@WC (People who browse the BB at Work Clique)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flashy Gray:

The only thing I will say about this thread of Wingsie's is that it's funny that all the posters who have chosen to reply here are such nice, thoughtful, non-troublemakers!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, speak for yourself! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

I love this place because it is such a great source of "been there done that" information.

From one Flash to another

Flash44, you're not a troublemaker. You're not even a pot-stirrer.

Although at times you have been an egg-er on-er, my friend! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif