The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Nashville, TN

Default GA eventing teens...

Don't know if this is spam or not, but it was sent to my BO (we're in TN).

I am a Casting Producer at company in Los Angeles called Pitman Casting.
    I'm also a former competitive hunter/jumper; I rode for 10 years with DiAnn Langer at Langtree in Burbank, California. We are currently working on a docu-reality series that focuses on the hectic and rewarding lives of high school girls who show in competitive horse riding sports. I have narrowed
    my nationwide search for eventers down to the state of Georgia, and I'm wondering if you might have any suggestions for me about girls who would be appropriate for the project.

Here are some details about the show:

The producers who brought Sing-Off and Cheerleader Nation to television are searching for candidates for this brand new series. In order to showcase an authentic representation of the challenges and triumphs high school girls face when being a part of these demanding sports, we are doing our best to
    contact the premiere hunter/jumper facilities in a few, specific areas of the country. We are looking for outgoing, competitive, fun-loving girls between the ages of 15-17 who are passionate about the sport and are able to give us a glimpse into the real life of a competitive rider.

I would love to chat with some of your riders (and their parents) about this opportunity. I've attached our casting flyer, which will provide you with more information about the show. Please feel free to post/send/share this with anyone you think would be interested in the show! I am only on this
    project for a short amount of time, so the sooner you can get back to me, the better... ALSO -- PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR CLOSE RIDING BUDDIES ABOUT THIS.
    If you want to forward this email to your barn/trainer so that he/she can forward to everyone, DO IT!!!

Please give me a call if you have any questions, and I look forward to hearing more about you very soon

Hillary Smotherman
    Casting Producer
    Pitman Casting

818-842-2496 o

323-287-8370 f.

4111 W. Alameda Ave

Suite #411

Burbank, CA 91505

This wasn't spam, but it is outdated- the casting is done. They are already well into filming.

oh dear God. I don't know if I want to watch the show or not. I probably would out of morbid curiosity. Then be mad.

eponacowgirl is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster
    Nashville, TN

Huh. Weird. Just hit my BO's inbox yesterday. Ah, well.

Luthersville, GA

Not spam, and last I heard, they're still casting. Two of the teens that ride with Mary Bess Sigman were interviewed at The Fork, and I think they still were going to have call backs, narrow the field, etc. I received emails through the pony club that I help DC with, as well as on my Facebook farm page, just this week.
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras