The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

DMK, there is a hot tub at the old Porch, I'm sure we could rig one up here with enough duct tape. The problem is keeping JOH and BossHoss and JB from giving the dogs their baths in it. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Portia (edited 10-16-2000).]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Duck tape will save the world someday....that and a good long drink of hard cider to keep us all sane....

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

words of wisdom for the porch...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

DMK, don't drink all the pinot noir and save a rocker for me!!!

Ahh Sandstone! You come up here and rock next to me! As one of the original Porchers (actually I think it was something I was torturing Schoolmarm about that even made the darn Porch up..LOL)

Now as the local Southern California native of the Porch, it is MY job to give you the weather report here during the winter..(the Candians like umm JOH JOH will tell you how much I love doing this..LOL)

Todays weather: slight breeze, clear and 73 degrees outside~ Actually may have to wear a t-shirt tonight instead of a tank top, going to drop to at least 65 this evening ...brrrrrrrrrr

So tell me JOH~ are your bays covered in frost yet??? LOLOL *g*

HEY,

Did you find the bottle I hid out behind the shed? I put it there before C2 went through the shed with a can of Raid--be careful! It may contain toxins!!! Besides, the baby spiders may have crawled into the cork-holes to hide!!!!

Ok, now the porch is almost complete ... welcome JOH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Glad you could find us here.

Portia, you're right.. we need to be on the lookout for BobO and Seb. And then there's Bailey, right Suz? Who else am I forgetting?

And Snowbird, don't get scared if that mysterious figure in the rocker next to you starts to move a bit....we may just wake up Schoolmarm yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wow! I guess everyone hates the new E-search format as much as me. The Junior forum is practically non-existant, and I just hate that orange! I've been a lurker here for about a year, and I think I'm gonna stay here and leave E-Search.

Before you finish the porch, you should probably set off a bug bomb to get rid of those nasty black widows, or C2 will be scared to go in the corners (or look through a tack trunk)!

And while you're building stuff, could you pleeease build a shed for us on the lawn (the West Lawn?) because every time it snows or rains we get cold and wet because we get shoved off the porch with brooms. You can even make it out of some of Schoolie's old baling twine sweaters.

Ther IS a shed, but it's only for storing well aged grape juice. I started stocking once C2 fumigated it with Raid (it's OK to go in now C2--I even swept it out--crunch,crunch)--keep out unless you're legal--some of that stuff is expensive, by the way, did JB bring the still back from her horse show? Maybe you could get the Chippies to help with the kiddie-shed construction. I'm sure we have a spare roll of duct tape around here...

Well,the porch roof extends over the steps.....right? And besides it doesn't rain much anyway. So pass the hard cider (or lemonade or whatever it is) and the cookes, I'm settling in! And JB sure I'll help keep the ponies and sheep inline - or else I'll have my minions do it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

I am sure that a shed can be fashioned with ease out of duck tape and bailing twine sweaters!

Wow I am haveing so much fun! Great idea Portia, this board needs to have some fun again after everything that has come about in the past weeks....

Heidi~no we won't have to widen the drive way for my fleet of beamers....

Jaime~I am not legal but I will replace whatever I drink... I only go for the good stuff anyway.

I am now calling the second-from-the-top step for Kelsy, I think that she deserves a nice spot to be part of the adult conversation. She can sit on my side.

[This message has been edited by Sandstone (edited 10-16-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandstone:
    I am not legal but I will replace whatever I drink... I only go for the good stuff anyway.

I am now calling the second-from-the-top step for Kelsy, I think that she deserves a nice spot to be part of the adult conversation. She can sit on my side.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Marion babe! Good thing I'm sittin' next to you... you can stop me from sayen totally inappropriate things! lolol.

Haha yeah and don't worry, Marion & I will replace everything we drink [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandstone:
    Jaime~I am not legal but I will replace whatever I drink... I only go for the good stuff anyway.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second Marion's replacing the drink rule [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] LOL. And I jsut wanted to point out that I already have a place on one of the top two steps both those things are wide and I'm happy to share.

Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

So it is me and Jaded on the top step and one the second~ kelsy, on my side and Sarah across from her! We will have so much fun together! and scince it sounds like the four of us will be drinking so much, maybe we can make our own cooler to put beside us?!

And we will definatly be happy to share with all but the lawn children and the goats... drunk goats would be kinda funny though don't you think?

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Now now, juniors, we follow strict rules on the drinking age for alcoholic beverages -- don't want the Porch being raided, now do we? HSM (which, in case you don't know, stands for Horse Show MOM), will get after you with her broom if she catches you breaking into the hard stuff. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

You should also know that step-sitters are required to help the lawn kids with the sheep and ponies, including mucking up after them. (Nope, no grooms here!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

However, we have been known to make the occasional exception and let a step-sitter have a sip of something from the still on her/his birthday or other special occasions. And we always have the plain cider and lemonade, and we share the cookies whenever anyone gets around to baking them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I'm 20 (just turned it on sunday! Come here Chippies) I'm legal!!!!! Pass the cider, and I'll keep the kiddies away *down kiddies, down! My cider*

Sandstone> Erin's gonna squeeze between us on the top step, that way NO ONE can get to the cider without a fight! *evil laugh*

Good plan: set Quebec laws, drinking age is 18! (guess where we all headed once we were 18 or had a fake I.D....uh-oh I'm mean no never fake I.D...... um, ... DO AS I SAY, NOT WHAT I DO!!!)

Hey Ladies,

I just "found" a case of KJ, it fell off the truck, nothing broken though. Do y'all have enough ice (to chill) and glasses? The same truck also dumped tequila, should I bring it too? My black Lab insists on tagging along, I don't why, he isn't really a wine drinker, more of a beer hound.

Portia~sorry! I guess us junoirs need to be kept in line at times. We promise to help keep the lawn kids and animals in line....

No gurentees that we will never sneak out behind the barn.... or across state lines with our fake IDs Jaded is such a bad role model!(How did that word fake make it's way into that sentance?)

Tequila is definatly welcome, expecially the brands with those cool hulisinating (sp?) worms ;-) I bring my shot glass! Better drink fast before they stop supplying it.

Crazy story, I went to a bar the other night and someone ordered a shot of tequila and it cost $9.00!!!! Ah!!!!!! And it was a cheap brand, nothing special!
    Moral of that story: Don't drink under age (you just don't have enough money for the good stuff LOL; opps shouldn't have added that part..)